Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
MobileRead Writing Contest

I need your help. There is a front page post that is beyond my abilities. Rather than leave it unreported, I'm inviting submissions from MR members. The prize for this contest will be your choice of any of the swag I bring home from CES.

The general topic of this contest is the most recent Mac Tablet rumor, but you can write about anything: fanboys, the media frenzy, Apple etc. The goal is humor, not ridicule. But it's okay if for example you refer to Steve Jobs as "His Appleness". Or after each mention of his name add (Praise Steve).

So is anyone interested?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Here is an article to quote from: http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic..._pm_2009-12-09 It appeared just today.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Personally, I think you should quote the fanboi v hateboi dialogue in the comments.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I would help you write it, as long as you promise that I wouldn't get any hatemail from either side. Also, first, can you please hold back the tide, lift yourself by your own bootstraps, and push a pound of butter up a parrot's poop-chute with a hot needle.

(Note, Christmas-to-New-Year is going to get in the way, but I'd actually help out after that, if you want, Nate).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I still to make fun of the new Apple tablet. No one has entered yet, so I'm going to list some of the swag I'm offering as prizes.

messenger bag

Every year the press gets a bag. It's a gray messenger bag this year.

Casio men's watch

a pair of 2GB flash drives that say QUE

2 sets of earbuds from Audiovox (1 green, 1 pink)

a huge stack of pens

a dozen or so reusable grocery bags

Whoever wins gets to pick which prize he or she wants. The flash drives and earbuds might end up going to the honorable mentions.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert