Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Edit Date?

I'm a series-freak, a read-in-the-order-published-nerd, so how can I change the date of a book to reflect the date the book was initially published?
Why isn't this downloaded automatically when using the ISBN lookup feature?

That would then allow me to display my books in the order in which they were published, and I can start with the first and end with the latest
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because the date column is used to order books by the date you add them to the calibre library. You'd need another column for first published date and there aren't enough freaks like you (I mean that in the nicest sense ;-) for me too add it.

As a workaround, you can always change the title by prepending the date and then sort on title
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
How about user-defineable columns? I'm sure there's other freaks who want other things ... you could let the user define one or two or four special fields for whatever they please.

Or you concentrate on the important things ... the conversion

Thanks for the reply!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
How about user-defineable columns? I'm sure there's other freaks who want other things ... you could let the user define one or two or four special fields for whatever they please.

Or you concentrate on the important things ... the conversion

Thanks for the reply!
hm, actually if you do get bored with the conversion and want to play with something else, i would love to be able to sort by "recently added", that way i can add books several at a time and then verify the metadata for all the new ones and then send them to the device without forgetting which ones they are. it starts to get a bit confusing when you have a lot of them in there sometimes. and sometimes it's not as convenient to go one by one. or maybe i'm just a freak.

but have i mentioned i think calibre is brilliant ? still figuring things out but so far i'm very impressed. bravo ! and thank you for all your hard work.

EDIT : also i am a freak who cannot read (ironic, on this board, hey ?), because you can already do that. just forget i said that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote