Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
How to set a hot key for turning off WIFI

Is there a way to turn off WIFI and/or Bluetooth instantly on 602?
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
No I don't think so. I had a brief look into it and wrote a small program which turned the wifi off if you press the volume down button but because this program has to run in the background and process every single button you press and check if it is the corresponding button the device becomes very sluggish. Even up to the point that it seems undetermined which process will receive a keypress event when one of the two is running in background.
You see what I do is all reverse engineering and "best guesses" but unless PB publishes an official SDK with a good documentation it would be very hard to get any further with any slightly sophisticated task (and even trivial programs like turning off wifi). I know how to programmatically do it but don't know how to trigger my program from a keypress without waiting all the time for a keypress event.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Yeah, it is just a simple function but PB seems to be slow in adding things. I am not a tech person but I guess I faced the same "key" problem. I set "long press the second bottom" on the side as "rotate" but no matter what format of the file is, it never works.

Last edited by jshzh; 01-27-2011 at 05:25 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote