Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #31
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith65 View Post
How spectacular! After cycling around, I don't know which mode I am in, but it does not matter as long as I have the best mode for what I am reading. Besides, great icons!
Good point! Thanks for the comment. Taken it on board and attached a new version. Instead of "toggle render mode" the next display mode is written underneath the symbol now.

The file is called djviewer-b-0.0.2.app but you can just rename it to djviewer-both.app and overwrite the earlier version. That way you don't need to adjust the extension.cfg file. I introduced the numbering so that it easier to track changes.

EDIT:

Achtung, dies ist nicht die aktuelle Version! Diese ist bereits veraltet. Link zu neuester Version im ersten post.
Attention, this is not the most recent version. Please see first post in this thread for a link to the most recent version.
Внимание. Эта версия старого. Не загружайте его. Используйте ссылку в пост № 1

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...27&postcount=1
Attached Files
File Type: zip djviewer-b-0.0.2.zip (566.1 KB, 355 views)

Last edited by review; 02-09-2011 at 08:05 AM.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #32
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

further improvements

Again, there has been a great feedback from our russian fellows. They have spotted another missing feature in pocketbooks djvu viewer and my derived version:
If the zoom is fairly high and you select the up and down arrows to scroll the page there is no grey line indicating the last seen part of the screen. Accordingly it is difficult to pick up the last line one has read. And although this seems at first like a minor bug it actually becomes very annoying over time if you have to read again and again the same lines.
This feature is present for viewing pdfs but not for djvu.
So here is the new version with grey lines. So this version has all improvements of the last version 0.0.2 (see corresponding post) and the grey line.

You could just rename the app to djviewer-both.app and replace the file in system/bin. That way you don't have to edit extensions.cfg.

EDIT:
- added screenshot
- removed attachment 0.0.3 and added new version 0.0.3b

screenshot: A+B are with the native djviewer.
C shows the gray line when the second half of the page is displayed. If you don't turn the page but go up again to the first half of the same page another gray line will indicate which part you've seen already (gray line on the top of the page in D).

Changelog of 0.0.3b:
Vers. 0.0.3 works excellent if you have only two screens but if you hold your device in landscape mode there may be more than two screens for one page. The earlier vers. 0.0.3 just showed a gray line for the first turn. Now in 0.0.3b this is corrected and a gray line is displayed also for the second and all following screen changes on one page.

Achtung, dies ist nicht die aktuelle Version! Diese ist bereits veraltet. Link zu neuester Version im ersten post.
Attention, this is not the most recent version. Please see first post in this thread for a link to the most recent version.
Внимание. Эта версия старого. Не загружайте его. Используйте ссылку в пост № 1

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...27&postcount=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	706
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	66353  
Attached Files
File Type: zip djviewer-b-0.0.3b.zip (566.3 KB, 454 views)

Last edited by review; 02-17-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #33
Dodo
Dodo is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Thanks for the information. It would be great if the Pocketbook developers could release a firmware update with this feature. Here's hoping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
Hi Dodo,
Unfortunately, this program won't work directly on the older series. However, I can say that Pocketbook seems to be seriously interested in taking my changes on board and it very well may include the port back to the older models.

I'm just in the process of preparing the patches to publish them.

So there is some room for hope. Especially for the models before 60x and 90x.
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:42 AM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
During the weekend I read a few comments on the russian discussion forum. There it was discussed if my changes should make their way into the official firmware

and thanks for the new update, you are unstoppable (and good for us )
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #35
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
A
So here is the new version with grey lines. So this version has all improvements of the last version 0.0.2 (see corresponding post) and the grey line....
sorry review, just to be clear: are your apps djviewer-margin and djviewer-bw now obsolete because of the new version?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #36
review
Addict

Yes, that's right. I'm trying to follow the evolving software development model. Which means that each new release should have all the advantages of the older version and some new features.

If you like, all versions, apart from djviewer-b-0.0.3b are obsolete.
djviewer-bw had only the black and white layer, which has the highest contrast but sometimes if you see a picture you will not see it in full quality. sometimes only a few lines. So the Version 3b has the feature that you can then select the gray mode and few the picture in full grayscale and then switch back.
djviewer-margin was basically the djviewer-bw version just with one adjustment when you zoom to fit the width of the page.
Actually, the version 3c is in development which includes a more intuitive way of selecting the layer to be displayed. I had to think of this more intuitive way as on the 302 I had no cursor keys available and couldn't select the menu option to select the layer.
So I developed a mode were you select the layer by tapping into one of the corners. E.g. top left corner means full grayscale and the screen will be immediately updated. bottom left is foreground layer and bottom right is black and white.
This is really far more convenient then going through two menus to select the rendering mode. After I played with the 302 a bit I really started to love this easy way of selecting and accordingly I will add this feature in a similar way for the 90x, 60x series in the next version.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #37
paola
Wizard

thanks for the explanation

Quote:
This is really far more convenient then going through two menus to select the rendering mode. After I played with the 302 a bit I really started to love this easy way of selecting and accordingly I will add this feature in a similar way for the 90x, 60x series in the next version.
you are a star
Old 02-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #38
teofrast
Enthusiast
teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: pocketbook902
Quote:
So I developed a mode were you select the layer by tapping into one of the corners. E.g. top left corner means full grayscale and the screen will be immediately updated. bottom left is foreground layer and bottom right is black and white.
as always, great work.
but how would you implement this on 602/902?
(I admit it's an egoistic concern..)
cheers
t
teofrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #39
review
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teofrast View Post
as always, great work.
but how would you implement this on 602/902?
(I admit it's an egoistic concern..)
cheers
t
In terms of evolving software development the release of 0.0.3c would mean that the functionality to change the displayed layer through the quick menu would be still there and can be enjoyed.

I may give this menu selection a good polish though. So for example, you don't have to toggle through all rendering modes but I might just simply add three buttons there. One for each rendering mode. So that way it would be still much faster than how it was for the owners of 902 and 602 and the owners of 903 and 603 would gain all this and the "corner selection" mode.

The only other way I could think of to speed up the access of the rendering mode would be to remap one button. However, this wouldn't be a strategically good move as one of the great features of pocketbook devices is that one can put on the buttons whatever one wants. So if I use the Volume Up, Volume Down buttons to toggle through the rendering modes I might upset some people who had put the dictionary on those buttons. Or even, if they left it as it was they wouldn't be able to change the volume. So really, I don't believe in remapping keys. It would upset more people than it would benefit.

However, as usual I'm open for comments and suggestions. Anyone has a great idea to quickly select the rendering mode on the non-touchscreen series?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #40
teofrast
Enthusiast
teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

thanks review, I see.
to me just having the option in contextual menu is more than enough.
I don't know if it's possible, but also making the toggle function show up in the list of functions to assign to a key, so that everyone could decide by himself would be great.
cheers
t
Old 02-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #41
review
Addict

further improvements -- Version 0.0.3d released for 90x, 60x

Changelog Version 0.0.3c (unreleased):

+ added sensitive corners:
double tap in the top left, bottom left or bottom right corner to select the Full Grayscale Mode, Foreground Mode or Black/White Mode directly.

Changelog Version 0.0.3d (this release):
(includes the changes of 0.0.3c)

+ the gray line is rendered with the page
Our friends on the russian forum have noticed that the gray line is rendered after the page has been drawn. They commented that it is likely that this will consume more power and they encouraged me to render the gray line with the page and draw all at once.

+ updated design of the render menu (in the zoom menu box)
There are now three symbols instead of one. Each symbol can change directly to the desired rendering mode

+ pointer handler in zoom menu
Again, the source code which I used as a basis for my program didn't handle pointer events in the zoom menu at all. This feature is now added. This means that the keys are not necessary to choose an option from the zoom/rendering menu. Although they will still work according to the mapping mentioned above.

+ when the pointer selects a manual zoom mode the window is not closed
The added feature above closes immediately the zoomer box once one option has been selected. This is good for all options apart from the manual zoom options (a manual zoom mode is the finetuned percentage selection or the n-column zoom mode.) If the pointer hits now one of those manual options the option is selected but not closed. This allows the user to change the option with the keys.
Attached Files
File Type: zip djviewer-b-0.0.3d.zip (567.0 KB, 3534 views)

Last edited by review; 02-18-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:44 AM   #42
teofrast
Enthusiast

thanks review, nice improvements.
cheers
t
Old 02-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #43
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
I found the problem with this alternative DjVu viewer on PB 602.
If I have the file without the table of contents, then I unable to use bookmarks and citations. I can put a bookmark or store a citation, but there is no way to display the list of bookmarks. When I'm trying to display the TOC, I get the message that TOC is absent. It is not only the problem of this DjVu viewer, but also of pdfViewer.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #44
review
Addict

Hi Torbich, thanks for mention this issue. I will have a look if there is an easy way to solve that issue.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #45
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Hi everybody, I am a new pocketbook 903 owner, and so i stay here.
Thanks you Review for all this work on this device. I installed your djviewer application. It works well, but now there is just one dictionary available, English- German, which is useless for me since I am Italian and I don't know German.
There is something that can be done?
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote