Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
jbone1313
jbone1313 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Sold: Sony PRS-600: $100 - USA Only

Silver color. Great condition. Have box. Free shipping.

With leather case. Case has light. Light only works on bright setting.

*I will only ship to USA.

I haven't sold things here before, but you can check some feedback at KVRAudio.com in their feedback thread.

Search for "jbone1313": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74467

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-16-2010 at 06:15 AM.
jbone1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
jbone1313

Did I do something wrong?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have to say to everyone that a BRAND NEW PRS-600 can be had for $169.99 before tax. I know there is no cover or no light. But you do get a 1 year warranty and since the light is broken, you can get a good clip on light and cover for about $30 for both.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone1313 View Post
Did I do something wrong?
No, but we've had problems with sellers in the past with little or no posts. So it's just a warning to be careful.
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
jbone1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No, but we've had problems with sellers in the past with little or no posts. So it's just a warning to be careful.
Got it. Feel free to check my feedback in the thread above. I've sold some audio plugins at KVR Audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have to say to everyone that a BRAND NEW PRS-600 can be had for $169.99 before tax. I know there is no cover or no light. But you do get a 1 year warranty and since the light is broken, you can get a good clip on light and cover for about $30 for both.
I checked on ebay before I set the price, but maybe I priced it too high. I'll reduce it to $140.

My light works, it just doesn't seem to want to change to the dimmer setting.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
jbone1313

Price dropped to $120.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
jbone1313

Price dropped to $100.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

At $100 I do expect it your 600 to sell. But before it sells, does the screen fade in direct sunlight?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
jbone1313

I'm not sure what you mean by "does the screen fade". Do you mean, is it hard to see in the sun? If so, I'm not sure, because I haven't used it much.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
jbone1313

Thanks 7tronics for the lightning fast payment! A++.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I do hope the screen does not fade when you use the 600 in direct sunlight or 7tronics is going to be rather unhappy.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #13
jbone1313

As I mentioned, I've hardly used it. It has never seen sunlight.

If for some reason he's reasonably unhappy, I'd totally refund his money, provided he shipped it back. 80 bucks isn't worth having someone unhappy with you. I doubt it would come to that; the thing is like brand-new. There is basically no "user" wear n' tear on the thing.

I still don't understand what this issue is. Is it the case that prolonged use in sunlight causes the screen to permanently fade?

<or>

Is it the case that using it in sunlight causes the screen to temporarily fade.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The second case. However, it's really disturbing and of course it destroys the usability of the thing.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
The second case. However, it's really disturbing and of course it destroys the usability of the thing.
Yes, when you are outside and you want to read, having the screen fade makes it unusable. I've seen the sunlight fade bad enough that placing a finger on the screen, turning the page and then removing said finger shows where the finger was when the page was turned.

So yes, testing the reader before selling it would have been a good idea.

I do hope that it is under warranty because if not, to get it fixed will cost more then 1/2 of what you sold it for.