Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #76
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I updated to fw 3.2.0 today on an AuraHD. The two-finger light adjustment is gone - which I was expecting - but I haven't noticed any of the normal tap or touch actions being adversely affected.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #77
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I updated to fw 3.2.0 today on an AuraHD. The two-finger light adjustment is gone - which I was expecting - but I haven't noticed any of the normal tap or touch actions being adversely affected.
That's because 3.2.0 carries a new kernel for AuraHD, that overwrites completely the mod.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #78
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've fixed it for 3.2.0, you're welcome.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #79
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
WARNING
Upgrading to 3.2.0 with this mod active will make your touch unresponsive. Please use the attached multitouch-uninstall.zip before upgrading to 3.2.0.
Afterwards, you can apply KoboMultitouch320.zip to regain the functionality.
If you are already on 3.2.0 and newer, just install KoboMultitouch320.zip.
This is exactly what happened with my glo -.-
I'll be sure to uninstall this mod again before upgrading in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I've fixed it for 3.2.0, you're welcome.
Works great here. Thanks ^^
Anyway, how to uninstall this mod on 3.2.0?

Last edited by arasyi; 02-27-2014 at 04:51 PM.
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #80
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasyi View Post
Works great here. Thanks ^^
Anyway, how to uninstall this mod on 3.2.0?
Exactly in the same way, use multitouch-uninstall.zip.
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #81
percio
percio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
I got the touch not working after installing the last 3.2 firmware. I've taken out the internal sd card, does anyone know a way to put the KoboMultitouch320 file in the fat32 partition?

I'm following the guide to change a sd card and the tools in it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=1

Edit: I managed to copy the fat32 partition into an unpartitioned usbkey, add the KoboMultitouch320, copy it the partition back into the sd (extending it to the unused gbs), put it back into the kobo and make the touch work again with no data loss.

If anyone can suggest me how would I have saved time by opening the fat32 directly on the sd, it would be useful, I could only use recover tools on it to retrieve the content, but not add stuff.

Last edited by percio; 02-28-2014 at 05:02 PM.
percio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #82
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The times I have done this, I used a Laptop running Linux. It can mount the partitions without any problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 AM   #83
sysKin
Connoisseur
sysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Aura HD, after a train ate my Glo
Oh goddamit. My kobo just updated itself.
Is taking out the SD card the only way to push new installer (or uninistaller) now?

[edit] ok nevermind, did all that...

Last edited by sysKin; 03-04-2014 at 04:37 AM.
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #84
giorgio130
Time Waster

If anyone has any advice to reach more people who have installed the mod before they update to 3.2.0, I'm open to all kind of ideas. I'm deeply sorry about any data loss this could cause.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #85
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Maybe you could reach more people by opening a thread in the non-developer forum.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:42 AM   #86
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi Giorgio, thanks again for your job!
One thing: I have noticed that the new multitouch versions is less responsive than the previous one. I notice it above all when I control the light with two fingers. Is there a reason for this?
Thanks
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #87
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikssenmar867 View Post
Hi Giorgio, thanks again for your job!
One thing: I have noticed that the new multitouch versions is less responsive than the previous one. I notice it above all when I control the light with two fingers. Is there a reason for this?
Thanks
None that I can imagine. It could be some tweaking in nickel, also the introduction of pinch to change font size with 3.2.0 could bring some delay in the recognizance of the gesture being made...
Old 03-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #88
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Some of the recent posts seem to indicate that there is a performance hit with the FW 3.2.0.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #89
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
giorgio130,

I placed a thread in the regular Kobo forum about not upgrading to 3.20 with this hack installed.

I have nothing but gratitude for your work, but I got nailed last night(GLO updated to 3.20 with no touch input), then found the problem was known but not pointed out anywhere other than this thread. That's great if you remember to check this thread first, but the way Kobo springs updates on the customer makes it a little harder.

Frankly, I wish they'd find a way to add the hacks and mods that you guys work so hard on into the regular firmware so messing about like this isn't required to get the benefits. I wish you leading mods and developers could get together with someone at Kobo and get them to allow you to submit your mods for approval and integration into the regular firmware and give you guys the credit you deserve.

Adding multi-touch and the night mode are two handy clever hacks that should already be present in the firmware. I suppose it would be too much to wish they'd also standardize a launcher and support that too.

Anyway, thanks again for a brilliant, if slightly troublesome last night, hack!
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #90
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
giorgio130,

I placed a thread in the regular Kobo forum about not upgrading to 3.20 with this hack installed.

I have nothing but gratitude for your work, but I got nailed last night(GLO updated to 3.20 with no touch input), then found the problem was known but not pointed out anywhere other than this thread. That's great if you remember to check this thread first, but the way Kobo springs updates on the customer makes it a little harder.

Frankly, I wish they'd find a way to add the hacks and mods that you guys work so hard on into the regular firmware so messing about like this isn't required to get the benefits. I wish you leading mods and developers could get together with someone at Kobo and get them to allow you to submit your mods for approval and integration into the regular firmware and give you guys the credit you deserve.

Adding multi-touch and the night mode are two handy clever hacks that should already be present in the firmware. I suppose it would be too much to wish they'd also standardize a launcher and support that too.

Anyway, thanks again for a brilliant, if slightly troublesome last night, hack!
But.... Many many of the hacks are highly personal in nature. Not all people want the same changes.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote