Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Post Buildroot a linux 2.6.26-lab126 kernal. (3.3)

EDIT: This would be just the same for a 3.4 - as the _defconfig is identical
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my 500th Post I was hoping to be able to post something special

A buildroot of a linux 2.6.26-lab126 kernal with the benfits that brings seemed appropriately cool.

NOTE THIS IS TO BUILD A KERNAL = NOT INSTALL OR RUN ONE!!!
Can't help you there. We make the files here, do what you will.

I'll update the guide with tips as and if I find or make em.

READ THE DOCS!!!
The buildroot docs are your friend for general support on different platforms

I did this on Linux Mint 13 32 bit Lxde with the CodeSourcery arm 2012.03 TC. CS 2007q3 TC (get it from Kek)

There are undoubtedly better ways of doing this.

For my part I am hoping that eventually compiling the sources against the right headers and relevant patches in an automated way will bring us a faster way to create and manage packages (Buildroot LOCAL and other flags are the way forward here I think, or maybe Git)

Buildroot needs Wget, subversion, bazaar, git, mercurial among others so make sure you are ready to install some stuff if it complains : )

Preamble ends.

EDIT: I have now compiled every relevant (I think) package in buildroot just to save you finding the fails - See post 2 for details)

OKAY SO THE GUIDE: (this is lilable to change and perhaps has a few tiny foofs - feel free to point fingers)

Open buildroot: I just used the newest one. It's a solid app.

If you don't already have it go get it via GIT.

First decide where to build it: read the docs. The easy decision here is "do nothing" the other is "create a build folder" we will talk about that first:

create a folder to build in or just grab the entire buildroot via git and build in there -

cd the buildroot build folder IF YOU MADE ONE.

OR: The other choice "Do nothing",

if you choose the "Do nothing" path the stuff is compiled into /output actually _in_ the Git repo version.

Re the whole build folder - not build folder thing - see buildroot docs, don't HAVE to make one, but it's tidy, up to _you_.

IF YOU CHOSE A BUILD FOLDER:
From your build folder make xconfig (with -C your buildroot folder IF YOU MADE A BUILD FOLDER - like I say: read buildroot docs) (you also may need -O $PWD, read the docs)

OR IF YOU CHOSE DO NOTHING:

Simply, from the root of the buildroot Git repo type:
make xconfig

NEXT UP: Configure Buildroot: (In the make xconfig menu, you can also do gconfig or w/e)

Settings: For Kindle 3 Keyboard.
Arch: Arm (little endian)

Variant: arm1136jf_s

Target ABI: EABI

Build options, Commands, Mirrors as they are

Toolchain:

Type: External

Toolchain: Sourcery CodeBench ARM 2007.q3

Origin: Pre-installed

Path: /opt/arm-2007.q3 (or whatever)

[x] enable mmu support

SYSTEM:

/dev: static

Init: Busybox

(choose some packages if you want - or do it second pass)

FILESYSTEM IMAGES: tar (for easy access to files, usually just choose this to get at the files)

(optionally also choose cpio for emu kindle and iniramfs - WARNING THIS WILL BE HUGE AND BREAK WITH BIG SOFTWARE - THIS IS NOT A SUPPORTED OPTION _ YMMV _ DONT _ SAY _ I _ DIDNT _ WARN _ YOU)

Bootloaders: OPTIONALLY CHOOSE U-Boot - or nothing if you're not bothered about it actually loading in that way.

KERNAL:

Linux Version: Custom tarball

URL of custom tarball: http://ThisIsNotARealDomain.net/linu...lab126.tar.bz2

(NB!!! insert your OWN HOSTING here, or serve it locally like: http://localhost/linux-2.6.26-lab126.tar.bz2 from your machine via a local web service, the support for LOCAL on buildroot is quite new once I confirm it now works via file calls i'll update this guide)

So to confirm: Enter URL of linux-2.6.26-lab126.tar.bz2 of extracted from Kindle_src_3.3_611680021.tar.gz (host it yourself. find it online or just feed it via a local http)

CUSTOM KERNAL PATCHES: For some reason BR doesnt like applying this patch.

Have to apply it manually until we get that figure out. so leave PATH blank and apply it yourself as outlined below.
Path is at https://svn.ak-team.com/svn/Configs/...buildfix.patch

Kernal Config: use a defconfig

Defconfig name: imx35_luigi

Kernal Binary Format: zImage (you can choose uImage or whatever works for you)

One note: You _CAN_ Choose from options of software in list... _BUT_ I chose hardly any as I want it to finish quick to let me manually interrupt the buildroot 'make' process when the kernal comes around to building. you can always just do a make again - the new software will just be added - the old work not lost.

Save it and close

run make

Either read the buildroot docs and do the specific steps to incrementally make up the the kernal OR

This is what I do:

I have added I think copious notes extra here to determine WHEN TO STOP the automated build by Sigterm. There are better ways, this suits me fine however.

NOTES ON WHERE TO STOP THE INITIAL BUILDROOT BUILD MANUALLY, BEGIN

WHEN to STOP: The kernal build will appear highlighted in White on Black

[Kernal blah blah blah]

It will start the download from your Custom URL

THE DOWNLOAD HAS COMPLETED. THIS IS NOT A QUICK PROCESS. (unless you host locally) so wait for the DOWNLOAD to get to 100%

Then it will start the configure

just CTRL +C there.

So to confirm: Just CNTRL + C at some point there after the dl has completed.
and before the build has started - so at some point during the configure

Its not critical really WHERE, just before buildroot starts making the kernal as the MAKE CLEAN is a bit overly aggressive according to Niluje so I have added these extra notes about WHERE to keep things simple.

Okay: NOTES ON WHERE TO STOP THE INITIAL BUILDROOT BUILD MANUALLY, conclude

So what now?

The kindle kernel source code Kindle_src_3.3_611680021.tar.gz will have appeared unzipped in /build/linux-custom - go there.

Edit the Makefile (in /build/linux-custom)

ARCH ?= (SUBARCH) BECOMES ARCH ?= arm

CROSS_COMPILE ?= BECOMES CROSS_COMPILE = arm-none-linux-gnueabi- (check your path has the bins in!)

Save it and close

run make imx35_luigi_defconfig to generate a .config file.

Edit .config file
search "CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE" with the reference to a skeleton
change it to CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="" (as in no value in quotes)

add modules you might want to build etc.

I added binfmt_misc as a module for example

Save it and close

One more thing:

$ cat> include/linux/kindle_version.h << EOF
# ifndef __KINDLE_VERSION_H__
# define __KINDLE_VERSION_H__
# define VERSION_TAG "000000"
# endif
EOF

as this is not generated by the makes (unless you applied the Niluje patch already, it does this for you as espoused below)

The mighty NiLuje has kindly provided https://svn.ak-team.com/svn/Configs/...buildfix.patch which comprises this kindle_version.s file creation and some make cleansing for the Amazon makes. It does not make the .config so that step is still required,

That's https: //svn.ak-team.com/svn/Configs/trunk/Kindle/Misc/kindle-3.3-kernel-buildfix.patch Without the space...

run make

Should complete.

You should be able to then go back and install MORE options in the make xconfig stage and run make again in your root buildroot folder to create the additional packages without having to repeat the kernal steps.

Enjoy.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/us/lib:/mnt/us/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/lib on the device for course testing of stuff splattered onto /mnt/us/*

: ) Thanks for being such a great community. I have had a solid time.

Here's to the future of tiny devices and tiny groups of people doing big things. And Happy Supercentenarian for me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_007.png
Views:	887
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	90784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_006.png
Views:	742
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	90785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_005.png
Views:	781
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	90786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_004.png
Views:	1075
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	90787  

Last edited by twobob; 09-28-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: you're not your, other minutia
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will add here a list of things that BREAK with the 2006q3 TC OOTB

WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER DOING THIS???

Well, Buildroot allows us to create staged sections to each build, meaning that once I have each of these packages built - I can go back an cherry pick which stage to tweak, what Makefile etc...

Basically I also didnt want anyone else to have to try a package only to find it broken.

So there you go, 16 hours later here's the info.

The Deathlist:

Spoiler:

gdb 7.4.x - won't build. 7.2 will.

linphone. because it calls ORTP which won't build. (heh, I made a funny)

libgtk2 dies with a recursion error (that's the theme for many of these fails IIRC)

Webkit because it calls libgtk2
(you can apply this principle to all 'RELIES ON blah' packages)

MPD Will pull Glib2 - that needs testing. Currently elided.

ltp-testsuite - dies with 'CAP_LAST_CAP' undeclared (Symbol issue again)

lttng-modules-2.0.3 - dies with a long string of errors

qt 4.8.2: Dies with futex.h:96: error: 'u32' was not declared in this scope
That's a futex header issue I believe. Input taken on that issue.
I did apply the fix knc1 mentioned first.

rt-tests dies with cyclictest.c:906: error: 'SCHED_BATCH' undeclared (first use in this function) (Symbol issue again probably based on a lack of RT in the kernel. pointless tool anways... Bit bucket methinks)

util-linux 2.20.1 - Dies since UUIDD dies.
Code:
../libblkid/src/.libs/libblkid.so: undefined reference to `fdopendir'
../libblkid/src/.libs/libblkid.so: undefined reference to `faccessat'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [mkswap] Error 1
U-boot Tools - Dies
Code:
fw_env.c:43:27: error: mtd/mtd-user.h: No such file or directory
possibly an incorrect depend
unionfs 0.25 -
Code:
 unionfs.c:661: error: 'AT_SYMLINK_NOFOLLOW' undeclared (symbols)
mplayer dies:
Code:
 l -rdynamic  -lm  
ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(h264dsp_init_arm.o): In function `ff_h264dsp_init_neon':
host-lua 5.1.5 Building -
Code:
ldebug.o: In function `addinfo':
ldebug.c:(.text+0x1822): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
luajit 2.0.0-beta10
Code:
Building - lj_arch.h:224:2: error: #error "Need at least GCC 4.2 or newer"
(not sure what that error means hmm, so cryptic)

libv4l -
Code:
l.cpp   ivtv-ctl.c: In function 'main':
ivtv-ctl.c:510: error: 'VIDEO_GET_FRAME_COUNT' undeclared
BOOST: A general purpose C++ library
Code:
...failed updating 3 targets...
make[1]: *** [/home/simon/BLDS/buildroot/build/boost-1.49.0/.stamp_staging_installed] Error 1
liburcu 0.7.3
Code:
test_urcu_timing.o: In function `thr_writer':
/home/simon/BLDS/buildroot/build/liburcu-0.7.3/tests/test_urcu_timing.c:159: undefined reference to `__sync_lock_test_and_set_4'
KMOD: handle kernel modules (which is already in the device)
Code:
libkmod/libkmod-config.c:546: error: 'O_CLOEXEC' undeclared

That's actually quite a short list considering the 7 year old toolchain, and much of it revolves around a known issue. Gotta love BR.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay onwards. Here is
a complete list of everything I EXCLUDED:

Not built: (implicitly excluding the above stuff that died obviously)

These packages were not included in the build - They either were pointless given the hardware - outdated or duplicated - or relied on something that currently can't build, or for some other ineffable reason I didn't like the cut of their gib.

BUSYBOX
Spoiler:

(Install The) watchdog Daemon Startup Script to Busybox

Packages that are provided by Busybox 1.20.x (I'll go back and see what if any can be replaced)

Audio and video applications
Spoiler:

gstreamer - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2

pulseaudio: not chosen

ALSA utils selection
Spoiler:

amidi, iecset, aplaymidi, arecordmidi, aseqdump, aseqnet,speaker-test all not built

mpd- Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2

Debugging, profiling and benchmark
Spoiler:

latencytop - we don't have support in kernel right now (shame)

Development tools
Spoiler:

pkg-config (OUCH) - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2

Graphic libraries and applications (graphic/text)
Spoiler:

various dfbuffer examples and drivers (I am going to see if I can get this support in the kernel via a module perhaps? TBC, the excluded stuff seemed pointless.)

LINUX_FUSION: (err I saw no use in the short term)

SAWMAN: (maybe if we get directfb going)

Gob2 - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2

vala - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2

Enlightenment Foundation libraries (Some other poor souls headache)

QT -(OUCH) - Yeah so I mentioned it twice. Ouch. I will use the prebuilt ones from the games projects for now then.

X.org X Window System, X11R7, release 7.5 - err no.

HARDWARE:
Spoiler:

crdkit

cramfs

dbusglib

dbus-python

e2fsprogs - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX [=n] && BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX_LIBBLKID [=n] && BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX_LIBUUID - Two of which currently die.

eeprog - err no - Simple tool to read/write i2c eeprom chips.

fconfig

fis

fmtools

gadgetfs-test

gdisk

genromfs

gpsd

gvfs

hwdata

i2c-tools

input-event-daemon

input tools

iostat

irda-tools

kbd (hmm maybe?)

lcdproc

linux-firmware

lm-sensors - cool - but no.

lvm2 + dev mapper

makedevs

mdadm

memtester

minicom

mtd/jiffs2 utilities

open2300

openocd

parted - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LVM2 [=n] && BR2_PACKAGE_READLINE [=y] && BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX [=n] && BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX_LIBUUID [=n]

pci-utils

picocom - clone again

rng-tools

sane-backends

sdparm

setserial

smartmontools - err no SD doesn't have smart

sredird - no

sshfs - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBFUSE [=y] && BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2 [=n] && BR2_PACKAGE_GETTEXT [=n] && BR2_PACKAGE_LIBINTL [=n] && BR2_PACKAGE_LIBICONV [=n] && BR2_PACKAGE_OPENSSH [=y]

statserial - that time has past.

ti-utils

wipe

xfsprogs - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX [=n] && BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX_LIBUUID [=n]

INTERPRETERS:
Spoiler:

Lua support for Haserl - lua wont build ATM

LIBRARIES: AUDIO
Spoiler:

libcdaudio

libcue

libmpd - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2

LIBS: CRYPTO
Spoiler:

ocf-linux - no kernel driver right now. ( The emulator cold MAYBE take advantage of this but I don't see any value if it can't be translated back onto the device)

openssl - ocf support was left out for obvious reasons

LIBS: FS
Spoiler:

gamin - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2

liblockfile - nfs - erm not right now

libsysfs - its a 2.6 thing but dunno... support?

LIBS: GRAPHICS
Spoiler:

atk - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2 [=n]

gdk-pixbuf - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2 [=n]

pango - Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2

webkit - (OUCH) requires libgtk2

zxing - err no. unless someone REALLY REALLY wants a multi-format 1D/2D barcode image processing library. I've done all the barcode processing I want for one lifetime. InterMec I'm looking at you!

opencv - some support was elided - build tests, performance tests, gstreamer support, qt backend support, did not install 'extra data' - lib v4l support as libv4l does not compile

LIBS: HW
Spoiler:

libraw1394

libts - The Touchscreen tslib Library

libfreefare

LIBFTDI: Userspace access to FTDI USB interface chips

LIBIQRF: This library implement specific protocol which is used for communicating with iqrf devices (http://iqrf.org) over usb. For usb access is used libusb library.

LIBNFC: Public platform independent Near Field Communication (NFC) library.

LIBNFC_LLCP: Library extending libnfc with support for Logical Link Control
Protocol.

LIBS: MULTIMEDIA
Spoiler:

LIBMMS: LibMMS is a common library for parsing mms:// and mmsh:// type network streams. These are commonly used to stream Windows Media Video content over the web. LibMMS itself is only for receiving MMS stream, it doesn't handle sending at all.

Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2 [=y]

LIBDVDREAD: libdvdread provides a simple foundation for reading DVD-Video images.

LIBDVDNAV: libdvdnav is a library that allows easy use of sophisticated DVD navigation features such as DVD menus, multiangle playback and even interactive DVD games.

LIBPLAYER: libplayer provides a generic A/V API that relies on various multimedia player for Linux systems. It currently supports MPlayer, xine VLC and GStreamer only
(SINCE WE CANT OFFER ANY BACKEND SUPPORT FOR GSTREAMER / MPLAYER pointless)

MEDIASTREAMER: Mediastreamer is a powerful and lightweighted streaming engine specialized for voice/video telephony applications.
Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_ORTP [=n]

LIBS: NETWORKING
Spoiler:

GLIB_NETWORKING: Network-related GIO modules for glib.
Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2 [=n]

LIBMNL: libmnl is a minimalistic user-space library oriented to Netlink developers.

LIBMODBUS: libmodbus is a free software library to send/receive data according
to the Modbus protocol. This library is written in C and supports
RTU (serial) and TCP (Ethernet) communications.

LIBMBUS: libmbus is a library for communicating with energy metering devices.
It supports TCP and RS232 M-bus gateways.
(M-bus standard: http://www.m-bus.com/)

LIBNFNETLINK: libnfnetlink is the low-level library for netfilter related kernel/userspace communication.

LIBNETFILTER_CONNTRACK: libnetfilter_conntrack is a userspace library providing a programming interface (API) to the in-kernel connection tracking state table.

LIBNETFILTER_CTTIMEOUT: libnetfilter_cttimeout is the userspace library that provides the programming interface to the fine-grain connection tracking timeout infrastructure.

LIBNL: A library for applications dealing with netlink socket.

LIBOPING: liboping is a C library to generate ICMP echo requests, better known as "ping packets".

LIBPCAP: A system-independent library for user-level network packet capture.

LIBSOUP: libsoup is an HTTP client/server library. It uses GObject and the GLib main loop, to integrate well with GNOME applications.
Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBXML2 [=y] && BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2 [=n]

LIBUPNP: The portable SDK for UPnP(tm) Devices (libupnp) provides developers
with an API and open source code for building control points,
devices, and bridges that are compliant with Version 1.0 of the
Universal Plug and Play Device Architecture Specification

LIBVNCSERVER: libvncserver is a VNC server/client library.

ZEROMQ: ØMQ (ZeroMQ, 0MQ, zmq) looks like an embeddable networking
library but acts like a concurrency framework.

LIBS: TEXT
Spoiler:

ENCHANT: Enchant is a spell-checking library that provides a consistent API across a number of spell-checking system backends.
Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGLIB2 [=n]

MISC:

All elided.

NETWORKING APPS:
Spoiler:
IT IS SHORTER TO LIST WHAT WAS BUILT:

CTORRENT, cifs-utils, LINKS, mutt and Rsync all built okay - rest untested as yet.

Package managers:

IPKG: The Itsy Package Installer from handhelds.org
Opkg built instead.

Real-Time

XENOMAI: Real-Time Framework for Linux http://www.xenomai.org
Xenomai is split in two parts: a kernel part and an userspace part. So, No.

System tools

QUOTA: Implementation of the disk quota system.
Selects: BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX (which select UUID stuffs, which die, see death reports)

Text editors and viewers

nano is NOT optimized for size

Host utilities
Spoiler:

LPC3250LOADER: lpc3250loader is a tool to load/burn programs (in particular kickstart
and S1L) on an LPC3250 platform.

OMAP_U_BOOT_UTILS: U-Boot Utilities for Texas Instrument's OMAP platforms.
This is a set of tools to control U-Boot from scripts, generate
OMAP-specific signed image files and more.

OPENOCD: OpenOCD - Open On-Chip Debugger

HOST_SAM_BA: Atmel SAM-BA software provides an open set of tools for
programming the Atmel SAM3, SAM7 and SAM9 ARM-based
microcontrollers.

Bootloaders
Spoiler:

All elided (for now)

BAREBOX: The Barebox bootloader, formerly known as U-Boot v2.

BOOTLETS: Stage1 bootloaders for Freescale iMX23/iMX28 SoCs

BOOT: Build "Das U-Boot" Boot Monitor

That's all folks. Everything else built just fine. More details on that in a moment

Last edited by twobob; 08-19-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: better info
Advert
Old 08-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
twobob

What IS built. Here's a rough overview. 'Find' is your friend.

Yay Readelf is in the list! Yay.

Anyways here it is...

[root@kindle bin]# cd /mnt/us/usr/bin
[root@kindle bin]# ls

PHP Code:
CreateDOMDocument            fusion_skirmish              netcap
DOMCount                     fusion_stream                netperf
DOMPrint                     gdb                          netserver
EnumVal                      gdbserver                    nfsiostat
MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer  gem                          nm
MemParse                     gen_entropy                  nohup
PParse                       gen_random_ctr_drbg          nslookup
PSVIWriter                   gen_random_havege            nspr
-config
Redirect                     genbrk                       ntfs
-3g
SAX2Count                    gencfu                       ntfs
-3g.probe
SAX2Print                    gencnval                     ntfs
-3g.secaudit
SAXCount                     genctd                       ntfs
-3g.usermap
SAXPrint                     generic_sum                  ntfscat
SCMPrint                     genext2fs                    ntfscluster
SEnumVal                     genrb                        ntfscmp
StdInParse                   geotifcp                     ntfsfix
XInclude                     getfacl                      ntfsinfo
[                            getfattr                     ntfsls
[[                           gnuchess                     objcopy
abxtest                      gnuchessx                    objdump
aclocal                      gnutls
-cli                   od
aclocal
-1.11                 gnutls-cli-debug             ogg123
addr2line                    gnutls
-serv                  oggdec
aescrypt2                    gperf                        oggenc
alsamixer                    gpg
-error                    ogginfo
animate                      gpg
-error-config             omxregister-bellagio
applygeo                     gprof                        opannotate
apr
-1-config                 haserl                       oparchive
apu
-1-config                 head                         opcontrol
ar                           hello                        openRTSP
arping                       hexdump                      opencv_createsamples
as                           hmac256                      opencv_haartraining
aserver                      hostid                       opencv_performance
at                           htop                         opencv_traincascade
atq                          icu
-config                   openvt
atrm                         icuinfo                      opgprof
attr                         id                           ophelp
aumix                        identify                     opjitconv
autoconf                     idle                         opkg
-cl
autoheader                   idn                          opkg
-key
autom4te                     ifnames                      opreport
automake                     imlib2
-config                oprofiled
automake
-1.11                imlib2_conv                  par_mem
autoreconf                   import                       par_ops
autoscan                     innochecksum                 passwd
autoupdate                   inotifywait                  patch
awk                          inotifywatch                 pcregrep
basename                     inputattach                  pcretest
batch                        install                      perl
benchmark                    iostat                       perror
bison                        ipcrm                        pgpewrap
bsdcpio                      ipcs                         pgpring
bsdiff                       irb                          php
-cgi
bsdtar                       jpegtran                     pidstat
bspatch                      jsmin                        pkgdata
bunzip2                      json_reformat                playsound
bw_file_rd                   json_verify                  playsound_simple
bw_mem                       key_app                      prerr
.properties
bw_mmap_rd                   killall                      printf
bw_pipe                      killall5                     protoc
bw_tcp                       lame                         pscap
bw_unix                      last                         psktool
bwm
-ng                       lat_connect                  pv
bzcat                        lat_ctx                      python
bzcmp                        lat_fcntl                    python2.7
bzdiff                       lat_fifo                     rake
bzegrep                      lat_fs                       ramspeed
bzfgrep                      lat_http                     ranlib
bzgrep                       lat_mem_rd                   rdiff
bzip2                        lat_mmap                     rdoc
bzip2recover                 lat_ops                      readelf
bzless                       lat_pagefault                readlink
bzmore                       lat_pipe                     realpath
c
++filt                      lat_proc                     red
cairo
-trace                  lat_rpc                      renice
captest                      lat_select                   replace
ccache                       lat_sem                      reset
cert_app                     lat_sig                      resize
certtool                     lat_syscall                  resolve_stack_dump
cgi
-fcgi                     lat_tcp                      resolveip
cgicc
-config                 lat_udp                      ri
chacl                        lat_unix                     roxml
chrt                         lat_unix_connect             rrdcgi
chvt                         ld                           rrdtool
cifsiostat                   ld
.bfd                       rrdupdate
cksum                        less                         rsa_decrypt
clear                        libart2
-config               rsa_encrypt
cmp                          libesmtp
-config              rsa_genkey
compare                      libgcrypt
-config             rsa_sign
compile
-et.pl                libhid-detach-device         rsa_verify
composite                    libtool                      rsync
conjure                      libtoolize                   ruby
convert                      line                         sadf
coretest_blit2               links                        sar
corrupt_mpeg2                listgeo                      scp
crl_app                      lite_bench                   screen
crontab                      lite_checktest               selftest
crypt_and_hash               lite_dfbspy                  seq
csv2html                     lite_listtest                setfacl
ctorrent                     lite_msgbox                  setfattr
cut                          lite_progressbar             setkeycodes
cvs                          lite_run                     setsid
db_archive                   lite_scrollbartest           sfconvert
db_checkpoint                lite_simple                  sfinfo
db_deadlock                  lite_slider                  sftp
db_dump                      lite_textbuttontest          sha1sum
db_hotbackup                 lite_textlinetest            sha256sum
db_load                      lite_textlisttest            sha2sum
db_log_verify                live555MediaServer           sha512sum
db_printlog                  lmdd                         sip_reg
db_recover                   lmhttp                       size
db_replicate                 lockfile
-check               slogin
db_stat                      lockfile
-create              smime_keys
db_tuner                     lockfile
-remove              smtpd.py
db_upgrade                   lockfile
-touch               sndfile-resample
db_verify                    logger                       sort
dbus
-cleanup-sockets         logname                      speexdec
dbus
-daemon                  logsurfer                    speexenc
dbus
-launch                  loop_o                       spooky
dbus
-monitor                 lowntfs-3g                   sqlite3
dbus
-send                    lsof                         srptool
dbus
-uuidgen                 lspci                        ssh
dc                           lsuio                        ssh
-add
deallocvt                    lsusb                        ssh
-agent
derb                         lsusb
.py                     ssh-keygen
df_drivertest                ltrace                       ssh
-keyscan
df_fonts                     lua                          ssl_cert_test
df_input                     luac                         ssl_client1
df_video                     lzcat                        ssl_client2
df_video_particle            lzcmp                        ssl_fork_server
df_window                    lzdiff                       ssl_mail_client
dfbtest_blit                 lzegrep                      ssl_server
dfbtest_blit2                lzfgrep                      ssl_test
dfbtest_fillrect             lzgrep                       sstrip
dfbtest_font                 lzless                       strace
dfbtest_mirror               lzma                         stream
dfbtest_prealloc             lzmadec                      stress
dfbtest_reinit               lzmainfo                     strings
dfbtest_resize               lzmore                       strip
dfbtest_scale                lzop                         sudo
dfbtest_sync                 m4                           sudoedit
dfbtest_window               madplay                      sudoreplay
dfbtest_window_cursor        mail
-lock                    tail
dfbtest_window_flip_once     mail
-touchlock               tee
dfbtest_window_surface       mail
-unlock                  telnet
dh_client                    make                         test
dh_genprime                  makeconv                     testrb
dh_server                    makegeo                      tftp
dhrystone                    md5sum                       time
dialog                       memsize                      timing_o
diff                         memstat                      tlb
direct_stream                mesg                         top
direct_test                  metaflac                     tr
directfb
-config              mhz                          traceroute
dirname                      microcom                     ts_calibrate
disk                         microperl                    ts_finddev
display                      mkfifo                       ts_harvest
distcc                       mksquashfs                   ts_print
distccd                      mogrify                      ts_print_raw
divine
-config                monit                        ts_test
dmalloc                      montage                      tty
dos2unix                     mpc2sv8                      uconv
dstat                        mpcchap                      uniq
du                           mpccut                       unix2dos
dumpsexp                     mpcdec                       unlzma
easy_install                 mpcenc                       unsquashfs
easy_install
-2.7             mpcgain                      unxz
ed                           mpeg2dec                     unzip
eject                        mpg123                       update
-alternatives
elfedit                      mpi_demo                     uptime
em                           mpstat                       usbhid
-dump
enough                       msleep                       uudecode
env                          msql2mysql                   uuencode
erb                          mute                         vcut
ether
-wake                   mutt                         vlock
event_rpcgen
.py              muttbug                      vorbiscomment
expr                         my_print_defaults            wavcmp
extract_mpeg2                mysql                        wavpack
faad                         mysql_client_test            wc
fbdump                       mysql_config                 wget
fbgrab                       mysql_convert_table_format   whetstone
fbterm                       mysql_find_rows              which
fbv                          mysql_fix_extensions         who
fc
-cache                     mysql_fix_privilege_tables   whoami
fc
-cat                       mysql_secure_installation    wvgain
fc
-list                      mysql_setpermission          wvunpack
fc
-match                     mysql_upgrade                xargs
fdformat                     mysql_waitpid                xaumix
fftw
-wisdom                  mysql_zap                    xml
fftw
-wisdom-to-conf          mysqlaccess                  xmlcatalog
file                         mysqladmin                   xmllint
filecap                      mysqlbinlog                  xsltproc
find                         mysqlbug                     xz
flac                         mysqlcheck                   xzcat
flea                         mysqld_multi                 xzcmp
flex                         mysqldump                    xzdec
flushdisk                    mysqldumpslow                xzdiff
fold                         mysqlhotcopy                 xzegrep
free                         mysqlimport                  xzfgrep
fuser                        mysqlshow                    xzgrep
fusermount                   mysqlslap                    xzless
fusion_call                  mysqltest                    xzmore
fusion_fork                  nano                         yacc
fusion_reactor               nanocom                      yes 

[root@kindle bin]# cd /mnt/us/sbin
[root@kindle sbin]# ls
PHP Code:
blkid              hwclock            lsmod              poweroff           swapon
devmem             ifconfig           makedevs           reboot             switch_root
dosfsck            ifdown             mdev               rmmod              sysctl
dosfslabel         ifup               mkdosfs            route              syslogd
freeramdisk        init               mkswap             runlevel           udhcpc
fsck               insmod             modprobe           setconsole         vconfig
getty              klogd              mount
.cifs         start-stop-daemon  watchdog
halt               loadkmap           nameif             sulogin
hdparm             losetup            pivot_root         swapoff 
/mnt/us/bin currently just contains LOTS of copies of Busybox 1.20.x

/lib contains the new kernel modules and libs obviously
[root@kindle bin]# cd /mnt/us/lib
[root@kindle lib]# ls
PHP Code:
ld-2.3.6.so            libdl.so.2             libnss_dns.so.2        librt-2.3.6.so
ld
-linux.so.3          libgcc_s.so.1          libnss_files-2.3.6.so  librt.so.1
libc
-2.3.6.so          libm-2.3.6.so          libnss_files.so.2      libutil-2.3.6.so
libc
.so.6              libm.so.6              libpthread-2.3.6.so    libutil.so.1
libcrypt
-2.3.6.so      libnsl-2.3.6.so        libpthread.so.0        modules
libcrypt
.so.1          libnsl.so.1            libresolv-2.3.6.so
libdl
-2.3.6.so         libnss_dns-2.3.6.so    libresolv.so.2 
/etc contains the config setupathon detritus

[root@kindle lib]# cd /mnt/us/etc
[root@kindle etc]# ls
PHP Code:
ImageMagick           inittab               mtab                  shadow
TZ                    inputrc               network               ssh_config
at
.deny               issue                 os-release            sshd_config
beecrypt
.conf         ld.so.cache           passwd                ssl
dbus
-1                ld.so.conf            php.ini               sudoers
fonts                 ld
.so.conf.d          profile               sudoers.d
fstab                 ltrace
.conf           protocols             sysconfig
group                 memstat
.conf          random-seed           ts.conf
hostname              mime
.types            screenrc              usb_modeswitch.setup
hosts                 mime
.types.dist       securetty
init
.d                moduli                services 
And then there is /mnt/us/usr/lib a mighty beast indeed for a tiny box

[root@kindle etc]# cd /mnt/us/usr/lib
[root@kindle lib]# ls
Spoiler:
PHP Code:
ImageMagick-6.7.6                         liblockfile.so
alsa
-lib                                  liblockfile.so.1
ao                                        liblockfile
.so.1.0
apr
-util-1                                libltdl.so
apr
.exp                                   libltdl.so.7
aprutil
.exp                               libltdl.so.7.2.2
beecrypt                                  liblua
.so
bellagio                                  liblua
.so.5.1.5
cairo                                     liblzma
.so
directfb
-1.4-6                            liblzma.so.5
esmtp
-plugins                             liblzma.so.5.0.3
icu                                       liblzo2
.so
imlib2                                    liblzo2
.so.2
ldscripts                                 liblzo2
.so.2.0.0
libFLAC
.so                                libmad.so
libFLAC
.so.8                              libmad.so.0
libFLAC
.so.8.2.0                          libmad.so.0.2.1
libImlib2
.so                              libmagic.so
libImlib2
.so.1                            libmagic.so.1
libImlib2
.so.1.4.5                        libmagic.so.1.0.0
libMagick
++.so                            libmicrohttpd.so
libMagick
++.so.5                          libmicrohttpd.so.5
libMagick
++.so.5.0.0                      libmicrohttpd.so.5.2.1
libMagickCore
.so                          libmp3lame.so
libMagickCore
.so.5                        libmp3lame.so.0
libMagickCore
.so.5.0.0                    libmp3lame.so.0.0.0
libMagickWand
.so                          libmpc.so
libMagickWand
.so.5                        libmpc.so.2
libMagickWand
.so.5.0.0                    libmpc.so.2.0.0
libPocoCrypto
.so                          libmpcdec.so
libPocoCrypto
.so.12                       libmpcdec.so.7
libPocoData
.so                            libmpcdec.so.7.0.1
libPocoData
.so.12                         libmpeg2.so
libPocoDataMySQL
.so                       libmpeg2.so.0
libPocoDataMySQL
.so.12                    libmpeg2.so.0.1.0
libPocoDataSQLite
.so                      libmpeg2convert.so
libPocoDataSQLite
.so.12                   libmpeg2convert.so.0
libPocoFoundation
.so                      libmpeg2convert.so.0.0.0
libPocoFoundation
.so.12                   libmpfr.so
libPocoNet
.so                             libmpfr.so.4
libPocoNet
.so.12                          libmpfr.so.4.1.1
libPocoNetSSL
.so                          libmpg123.so
libPocoNetSSL
.so.12                       libmpg123.so.0
libPocoUtil
.so                            libmpg123.so.0.36.3
libPocoUtil
.so.12                         libmxml.so
libPocoXML
.so                             libmxml.so.1
libPocoXML
.so.12                          libmxml.so.1.5
libPocoZip
.so                             libncurses.so
libPocoZip
.so.12                          libncurses.so.5
libSDL
-1.2.so.0                           libncurses.so.5.9
libSDL
-1.2.so.0.11.4                      libneon.so
libSDL
.so                                 libneon.so.27
libSDL_gfx
.so                             libneon.so.27.2.6
libSDL_gfx
.so.13                          libnewt.so
libSDL_gfx
.so.13.5.1                      libnewt.so.0.51
libSDL_image
-1.2.so.0                     libnewt.so.0.51.0
libSDL_image
-1.2.so.0.1.5                 libnspr4.so
libSDL_image
.so                           libnss3.so
libSDL_mixer
-1.2.so.0                     libnssckbi.so
libSDL_mixer
-1.2.so.0.10.1                libnssdbm3.so
libSDL_mixer
.so                           libnssutil3.so
libSDL_net
-1.2.so.0                       libntfs-3g.so
libSDL_net
-1.2.so.0.8.0                   libntfs-3g.so.83
libSDL_net
.so                             libntfs-3g.so.83.0.0
libSDL_sound
-1.0.so.1                     liboauth.so
libSDL_sound
-1.0.so.1.0.2                 liboauth.so.0
libSDL_sound
.so                           liboauth.so.0.8.3
libSDL_ttf
-2.0.so.0                       libogg.so
libSDL_ttf
-2.0.so.0.6.3                   libogg.so.0
libSDL_ttf
.so                             libogg.so.0.8.0
libacl
.so.1                               libomxil-bellagio.so
libacl
.so.1.1.0                           libomxil-bellagio.so.0
libaio
.so                                 libomxil-bellagio.so.0.0.0
libaio
.so.1                               libopcodes-2.21.so
libaio
.so.1.0.1                           libopcodes.so
libao
.so                                  libopencv_calib3d.so
libao
.so.4                                libopencv_calib3d.so.2.4
libao
.so.4.0.0                            libopencv_calib3d.so.2.4.2
libapr
-1.so                               libopencv_contrib.so
libapr
-1.so.0                             libopencv_contrib.so.2.4
libapr
-1.so.0.4.6                         libopencv_contrib.so.2.4.2
libaprutil
-1.so                           libopencv_core.so
libaprutil
-1.so.0                         libopencv_core.so.2.4
libaprutil
-1.so.0.4.1                     libopencv_core.so.2.4.2
libarchive
.so                             libopencv_features2d.so
libarchive
.so.2                           libopencv_features2d.so.2.4
libarchive
.so.2.8.5                       libopencv_features2d.so.2.4.2
libargtable2
.so                           libopencv_flann.so
libargtable2
.so.0                         libopencv_flann.so.2.4
libargtable2
.so.0.1.8                     libopencv_flann.so.2.4.2
libart_lgpl_2
.so                          libopencv_gpu.so
libart_lgpl_2
.so.2                        libopencv_gpu.so.2.4
libart_lgpl_2
.so.2.3.21                   libopencv_gpu.so.2.4.2
libasound
.so                              libopencv_highgui.so
libasound
.so.2                            libopencv_highgui.so.2.4
libasound
.so.2.0.0                        libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.2
libattr
.so.1                              libopencv_imgproc.so
libattr
.so.1.1.0                          libopencv_imgproc.so.2.4
libaudiofile
.so                           libopencv_imgproc.so.2.4.2
libaudiofile
.so.1                         libopencv_legacy.so
libaudiofile
.so.1.0.0                     libopencv_legacy.so.2.4
libbeecrypt
.so                            libopencv_legacy.so.2.4.2
libbeecrypt
.so.7                          libopencv_ml.so
libbeecrypt
.so.7.0.0                      libopencv_ml.so.2.4
libbeecrypt_cxx
.so                        libopencv_ml.so.2.4.2
libbeecrypt_cxx
.so.7                      libopencv_nonfree.so
libbeecrypt_cxx
.so.7.0.0                  libopencv_nonfree.so.2.4
libbfd
-2.21.so                            libopencv_nonfree.so.2.4.2
libbfd
.so                                 libopencv_objdetect.so
libbz2
.so                                 libopencv_objdetect.so.2.4
libbz2
.so.1                               libopencv_objdetect.so.2.4.2
libbz2
.so.1.0                             libopencv_photo.so
libbz2
.so.1.0.6                           libopencv_photo.so.2.4
libcJSON
.so                               libopencv_photo.so.2.4.2
libcairo
-script-interpreter.so            libopencv_stitching.so
libcairo
-script-interpreter.so.2          libopencv_stitching.so.2.4
libcairo
-script-interpreter.so.2.11000.2  libopencv_stitching.so.2.4.2
libcairo
.so                               libopencv_ts.so
libcairo
.so.2                             libopencv_ts.so.2.4
libcairo
.so.2.11000.2                     libopencv_ts.so.2.4.2
libcap
-ng.so                              libopencv_video.so
libcap
-ng.so.0                            libopencv_video.so.2.4
libcap
-ng.so.0.0.0                        libopencv_video.so.2.4.2
libcap
.so                                 libopencv_videostab.so
libcap
.so.2                               libopencv_videostab.so.2.4
libcap
.so.2.22                            libopencv_videostab.so.2.4.2
libcgi
.so                                 libopkg.so
libcgi
.so.0                               libopkg.so.0
libcgicc
.so                               libopkg.so.0.0.0
libcgicc
.so.5                             liborc-0.4.so
libcgicc
.so.5.0.2                         liborc-0.4.so.0
libconfig
++.so                            liborc-0.4.so.0.14.0
libconfig
++.so.9                          liborc-test-0.4.so
libconfig
++.so.9.1.2                      liborc-test-0.4.so.0
libconfig
.so                              liborc-test-0.4.so.0.14.0
libconfig
.so.9                            libosip2.so
libconfig
.so.9.1.2                        libosip2.so.7
libconfuse
.so                             libosip2.so.7.2.0
libconfuse
.so.0                           libosipparser2.so
libconfuse
.so.0.0.0                       libosipparser2.so.7
libcrypto
.so                              libosipparser2.so.7.2.0
libcrypto
.so.1.0.0                        libpcre.so
libcuefile
.so                             libpcre.so.1
libcuefile
.so.0                           libpcre.so.1.0.0
libcuefile
.so.0.0.0                       libpcrecpp.so
libcurl
.so                                libpcrecpp.so.0
libcurl
.so.4                              libpcrecpp.so.0.0.0
libcurl
.so.4.2.0                          libpcreposix.so
libdaemon
.so                              libpcreposix.so.0
libdaemon
.so.0                            libpcreposix.so.0.0.0
libdaemon
.so.0.5.0                        libpixman-1.so
libdb
-5.3.so                              libpixman-1.so.0
libdb
-5.so                                libpixman-1.so.0.25.2
libdb
.so                                  libplc4.so
libdb_cxx
-5.3.so                          libplds4.so
libdb_cxx
-5.so                            libpng.so
libdb_cxx
.so                              libpng14.so
libdbus
-1.so                              libpng14.so.14
libdbus
-1.so.3                            libpng14.so.14.12.0
libdbus
-1.so.3.5.9                        libpolarssl.so
libdirect
-1.4.so.6                        libpolarssl.so.1
libdirect
-1.4.so.6.0.10                   libpolarssl.so.1.1.3
libdirect
.so                              libpopt.so
libdirectfb
-1.4.so.6                      libpopt.so.0
libdirectfb
-1.4.so.6.0.10                 libpopt.so.0.0.0
libdirectfb
.so                            libportaudio.so
libdivine
-0.4.so.0                        libportaudio.so.2
libdivine
-0.4.so.0.0.0                    libportaudio.so.2.0.0
libdivine
.so                              libportaudiocpp.so
libdmalloc
.so                             libportaudiocpp.so.0
libdmallocth
.so                           libportaudiocpp.so.0.0.12
libdmallocthcxx
.so                        libprotobuf-lite.so
libdmallocxx
.so                           libprotobuf-lite.so.7
libdmtx
.so                                libprotobuf-lite.so.7.0.0
libdmtx
.so.0                              libprotobuf.so
libdmtx
.so.0.0.0                          libprotobuf.so.7
libdnet
.so                                libprotobuf.so.7.0.0
libdnet
.so.1                              libprotoc.so
libdnet
.so.1.0.1                          libprotoc.so.7
libeXosip2
.so                             libprotoc.so.7.0.0
libeXosip2
.so.7                           libpython2.7.so
libeXosip2
.so.7.2.0                       libpython2.7.so.1.0
libelf
.so                                 libraw.so
libelf
.so.0                               libraw.so.2
libelf
.so.0.8.12                          libraw.so.2.0.3
libesmtp
.so                               libraw_r.so
libesmtp
.so.6                             libraw_r.so.2
libesmtp
.so.6.1.6                         libraw_r.so.2.0.3
libev
.so                                  libreadline.so
libev
.so.4                                libreadline.so.6
libev
.so.4.0.0                            libreadline.so.6.2
libevent
-2.0.so.5                         libreplaygain.so
libevent
-2.0.so.5.1.3                     libreplaygain.so.1
libevent
.so                               libreplaygain.so.1.0.0
libevent_core
-2.0.so.5                    libroxml.so
libevent_core
-2.0.so.5.1.3                libroxml.so.0
libevent_core
.so                          librrd.so
libevent_extra
-2.0.so.5                   librrd.so.2
libevent_extra
-2.0.so.5.1.3               librrd.so.2.0.15
libevent_extra
.so                         librrd_th.so
libevent_openssl
-2.0.so.5                 librrd_th.so.2
libevent_openssl
-2.0.so.5.1.3             librrd_th.so.2.0.13
libevent_openssl
.so                       librsync.so
libevent_pthreads
-2.0.so.5                librsync.so.1
libevent_pthreads
-2.0.so.5.1.3            librsync.so.1.0.2
libevent_pthreads
.so                      libruby.so
libexif
.so                                libruby.so.1.9
libexif
.so.12                             libruby.so.1.9.1
libexif
.so.12.3.3                         libsamplerate.so
libexpat
.so                               libsamplerate.so.0
libexpat
.so.1                             libsamplerate.so.0.1.8
libexpat
.so.1.6.0                         libsigc-2.0.so
libexslt
.so                               libsigc-2.0.so.0
libexslt
.so.0                             libsigc-2.0.so.0.0.0
libexslt
.so.0.8.15                        libslang.so
libfaad
.so                                libslang.so.1
libfaad
.so.2                              libsmime3.so
libfaad
.so.2.0.0                          libsndfile.so
libfcgi
++.so                              libsndfile.so.1
libfcgi
++.so.0                            libsndfile.so.1.0.25
libfcgi
++.so.0.0.0                        libsoftokn3.so
libfcgi
.so                                libspeex.so
libfcgi
.so.0                              libspeex.so.1
libfcgi
.so.0.0.0                          libspeex.so.1.5.0
libffi
.so                                 libspeexdsp.so
libffi
.so.6                               libspeexdsp.so.1
libffi
.so.6.0.0                           libspeexdsp.so.1.5.0
libfftw3
.so                               libsqlite3.so
libfftw3
.so.3                             libsqlite3.so.0
libfftw3
.so.3.3.0                         libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
libfontconfig
.so                          libssl.so
libfontconfig
.so.1                        libssl.so.1.0.0
libfontconfig
.so.1.3.0                    libssl3.so
libfreebl3
.so                             libstdc++.so.6
libfreetype
.so                            libstdc++.so.6.0.8
libfreetype
.so.6                          libtag.so
libfreetype
.so.6.9.0                      libtag.so.1
libfuse
.so                                libtag.so.1.7.1
libfuse
.so.2                              libtag_c.so
libfuse
.so.2.9.0                          libtag_c.so.0
libfusion
-1.4.so.6                        libtag_c.so.0.0.0
libfusion
-1.4.so.6.0.10                   libtcl8.4.so
libfusion
.so                              libtheora.so
libgcrypt
.so                              libtheora.so.0
libgcrypt
.so.11                           libtheora.so.0.3.10
libgcrypt
.so.11.7.0                       libtheoradec.so
libgeotiff
.so                             libtheoradec.so.1
libgeotiff
.so.2                           libtheoradec.so.1.1.4
libgeotiff
.so.2.0.0                       libtheoraenc.so
libgmp
.so                                 libtheoraenc.so.1
libgmp
.so.10                              libtheoraenc.so.1.1.2
libgmp
.so.10.0.5                          libtiff.so
libgnutls
-extra.so                        libtiff.so.5
libgnutls
-extra.so.26                     libtiff.so.5.0.6
libgnutls
-extra.so.26.22.3                libtorrent.so
libgnutls
-openssl.so                      libtorrent.so.14
libgnutls
-openssl.so.27                   libtorrent.so.14.0.4
libgnutls
-openssl.so.27.0.0               libtpl.so
libgnutls
.so                              libtpl.so.0
libgnutls
.so.26                           libtpl.so.0.0.0
libgnutls
.so.26.22.3                      libts-1.0.so.0
libgnutlsxx
.so                            libts-1.0.so.0.0.0
libgnutlsxx
.so.27                         libts.so
libgnutlsxx
.so.27.0.0                     libungif.so
libgpg
-error.so                           libungif.so.4
libgpg
-error.so.0                         libungif.so.4.1.4
libgpg
-error.so.0.8.0                     libusb-0.1.so.4
libhid
.so                                 libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4
libhid
.so.0                               libusb-1.0.so
libhid
.so.0.0.0                           libusb-1.0.so.0
libhistory
.so                             libusb-1.0.so.0.1.0
libhistory
.so.6                           libusb.so
libhistory
.so.6.2                         libvorbis.so
libical
.so                                libvorbis.so.0
libical
.so.0                              libvorbis.so.0.4.6
libical
.so.0.48.0                         libvorbisenc.so
libicalss
.so                              libvorbisenc.so.2
libicalss
.so.0                            libvorbisenc.so.2.0.9
libicalss
.so.0.48.0                       libvorbisfile.so
libicalvcal
.so                            libvorbisfile.so.3
libicalvcal
.so.0                          libvorbisfile.so.3.3.5
libicalvcal
.so.0.48.0                     libvorbisidec.so
libicudata
.so                             libvorbisidec.so.1
libicudata
.so.48                          libvorbisidec.so.1.0.3
libicudata
.so.48.1.1                      libwavpack.so
libicui18n
.so                             libwavpack.so.1
libicui18n
.so.48                          libwavpack.so.1.1.4
libicui18n
.so.48.1.1                      libwebrtc_audio_processing.so
libicuio
.so                               libwebrtc_audio_processing.so.0
libicuio
.so.48                            libwebrtc_audio_processing.so.0.0.0
libicuio
.so.48.1.1                        libxerces-c-3.1.so
libicule
.so                               libxerces-c.so
libicule
.so.48                            libxml2.so
libicule
.so.48.1.1                        libxml2.so.2
libiculx
.so                               libxml2.so.2.8.0
libiculx
.so.48                            libxslt-plugins
libiculx
.so.48.1.1                        libxslt.so
libicutest
.so                             libxslt.so.1
libicutest
.so.48                          libxslt.so.1.1.26
libicutest
.so.48.1.1                      libyajl.so
libicutu
.so                               libyajl.so.2
libicutu
.so.48                            libyajl.so.2.0.4
libicutu
.so.48.1.1                        libyaml-0.so.2
libicuuc
.so                               libyaml-0.so.2.0.2
libicuuc
.so.48                            libyaml.so
libicuuc
.so.48.1.1                        libz.so
libid3tag
.so                              libz.so.1
libid3tag
.so.0                            libz.so.1.2.7
libid3tag
.so.0.3.0                        lua
libidn
.so                                 mpg123
libidn
.so.11                              mysql
libidn
.so.11.6.8                          omxloaders
libinotifytools
.so                        opkg
libinotifytools
.so.0                      perl5
libinotifytools
.so.0.4.1                  python2.7
libjpeg
.so                                ruby
libjpeg
.so.8                              sa
libjpeg
.so.8.4.0                          sftp-server
libjson
.so                                sigc++-2.0
libjson
.so.0                              ssh-keysign
libjson
.so.0.0.1                          ssh-pkcs11-helper
libleck
.so                                tcl8.4
libleck
.so.3                              tclConfig.sh
libleck
.so.3.0.5                          terminfo
liblite
.so                                ts
liblite
.so.3                              xml2Conf.sh
liblite
.so.3.0.5                          xsltConf.sh 

That concludes the brief - What is in the box?

That can be a purposeful development environment in an emulator for damn sure.
No shortage of twiddling fiddles there.

Might have to Wangle pkg-config in the short term.

Anyways - that was my day.

Building that lot so you lot can be sure what to expect.

[root@kindle bin]# ./opkg-cl --version
opkg version 0.1.8

[root@kindle bin]# ./autoconf --version
Code:
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.68
decent haul despite the current fails.

Last edited by twobob; 08-18-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: more stuff
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
twobob

tomorrow. Lua

EDIT: Or not based on the reaction to that thought below. heh.

Hmm so what shall I do.. ponder ponder

LUA: as knc1 says.

LUAJIT: LuaJIT implements the full set of language features defined
by Lua 5.1. The virtual machine (VM) is API- and
ABI-compatible to the standard Lua interpreter and can be
deployed as a drop-in replacement. Sounded handy.

OFF TOPIC: RANDOM NOTES:

Quote:
Buildroot image tar notes

Psuedo bash code.

cd images

sudo tar -x -h --hard-dereference -l -f rootfs.tar ./

sudo chown -R you:users .

rm -rf dev home linuxrc media run proc sys root etc sbin bin var

(and whatever else you don't want)

mv mnt/us/* ./*

rm mnt/us
rm us

mv rootfs.tar ../

tar -c -h --hard-dereference -l -f kindle.tar ./
TC from http://sourcery.mentor.com/public/gn...linux-gnueabi/

linking shortnames:

you@dev /opt $ cd /opt/arm-2010q1/bin
you@dev /opt/arm-2010q1/bin $ sudo su
dev bin # for F in `ls -1` ; do ln -sf ${F} ${F#arm-none-linux-gnueabi-} ; done
dev bin # exit

Last edited by twobob; 09-13-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Reactions - tar notes
Old 08-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
tomorrow. Lua
Don't the kindles already have lua?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Don't the kindles already have lua?
Some of it.
Buildroot can generate many of the add-ons for the Lua language.

In both cases, Lua-5.1.
Lua-5.2 was released last December but as of yet, very few Lua-5.1 packages have been ported to Lua-5.2.

Buildroot 2012.08-rc1 2012.08-rc2 is released for testing now, will become the official release (2012.08) by the end of the month.
Edit: That info was only good for two hours before the next -rc was released.

The Buildroot project is now merging (in branch buildroot-next) the things that will be included in Buildroot 2012.11 release.

Of more interest for 2012.11 than the six years worth of independently written Lua-5.1 packages to be ported is the ability of Buildroot to generate a native toolchain for the target machine.

Right now, it is still an "Open Question" on the BR M.L.

As it stands now:
Only when using the BR internally generated toolchain can BR generate a native target toolchain.
BR can only generate a uClibc based toolchain internally.

To generate (e)glibc based programs, BR must use one of the external toolchain options (crosstool-ng, user provided, etc).

BR, even when building its own, internally generated, toolchain has been a bit (no pun intended) flaky about doing a true "Canadian Cross" (google that) toolchain and more than a bit of bit-rot has accumulated.

None of the active developers are employed in an industry that requires the production of a native toolchain on the target.

So the open question is:
Should the bit-rotted ability of creating a native toolchain be pulled out of Buildroot or should it be fixed and extended to do true "Canadian Cross" toolchain builds?

Having someone volunteer to do the support of fixing what is there would sway the decision to be made for 2012.11.

Any reader here with an opinion and/or time on their hands to do the work should join the open BR mailing list and add to the discussion of this open question.

One of the things on the project's development plan is to replace BR's toolchain generation with an integration of crosstool-ng.
That integration has been done over the past year, so it is now time to settle this open question.

Since crosstool-ng never did, nor was intended to do, Canadian Cross toolchain builds. . .
Making it the only **internal** toolchain generator now (to complete the development plan's goal) would also mean dropping any ability to generate a native toolchain for the target.

My position on this open question is to be found on the BR mailing list.

Last edited by knc1; 08-15-2012 at 10:13 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Oh the joys of cross-compiling. I do have highest respect for you trying to maintain a proper toolchain. Folks like me still wonder how they might have gotten a working one in the end, after frantically pushing bits and pieces around in an undocumentable, manual way.

Last edited by hawhill; 08-15-2012 at 09:40 AM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
While looking for the post I found before, where Rob Landley discussed creating a native tcc for ARM by compiling it on x86 gcc with ARM code generation, then using that to compile on the ARM target with ARM code generation to create a true native ARM tcc compiler. Although he did not name that process, it is identical to the definition of a "Canadian Cross".

Although I did not find the post I was looking for, I found Rob's new announcement that he plans to create "qcc" which merges QEMU code generation with his fork of "tcc" and Febrice Belard's original "tcc": http://www.landley.net/code/tinycc/

That looks useful if and when it becomes available.

Merging QEMU code generation and the tcc forks is just too cool. And the best part is that Febrice Bellard gave permission to change his code from LGPL to BSD license when included in the new qcc project.

EDIT: The page linked above includes this "and -run doesn't work on a 64 bit host kernel if it's producing 32 bit code", which probably explains why "tcc -run" does not work on my 64-bit linux.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-15-2012 at 10:43 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
[root@kindle bin]# ./opkg-cl --version
opkg version 0.1.8
[root@kindle bin]#
[root@kindle bin]# ./autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.68
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>, <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
Nice work.
Thanks.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I just updated the patch to include the fix previously documented in my X-TC scripts to avoid a nameclash when building headers (so you can use the lab126 kernels as the kernel headers source for your TC build).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
twobob

Legends all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I just updated the patch to include the fix previously documented in my X-TC scripts to avoid a nameclash when building headers (so you can use the lab126 kernels as the kernel headers source for your TC build).
Legend. I will go peruse

@ everyone. Thanks very much for such great feedback on the toolset.

I'm just the pushy button - write it down - guy at this point.

Really pleased to get some feedback on the whole porting lua thing. Sidelined I think in favour of other works. Thanks to all who made it possible.

I am finding this a much more go-to solution for the underlying guts I was after. perhaps giving this another go as a mounted emulator image may have some value. have to see.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Wander around in the Buildroot tree, probably under configs/qemu, and you will find a "read.me" with the qemu command line to mount the generated image.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
twobob

peek inside. what we got?

A look inside the kindle after transferring files from a rebuilt Buildroot.
With a few bits of software thrown in.

[root@kindle bin]# pwd
/mnt/us/usr/bin

Spoiler:
Code:
[root@kindle bin]# ls -l
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        55193 Aug 16 01:00 [
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 [[
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        31197 Aug 16 01:00 aclocal
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        31197 Aug 16 01:00 aclocal-1.11
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        32677 Aug 16 00:59 addr2line
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        71839 Aug 16 00:59 ar
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 arping
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       778239 Aug 16 00:59 as
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        37140 Aug 16 00:59 aserver
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        14654 Aug 16 00:59 autoconf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         8703 Aug 16 00:59 autoheader
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        32335 Aug 16 00:59 autom4te
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       260145 Aug 16 01:00 automake
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       260145 Aug 16 01:00 automake-1.11
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        21222 Aug 16 00:59 autoreconf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        17280 Aug 16 00:59 autoscan
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        34059 Aug 16 00:59 autoupdate
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 awk
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57886 Aug 16 00:59 base64
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        45673 Aug 16 00:59 basename
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       532860 Aug 16 00:59 bison
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       206968 Aug 16 00:59 bunzip2
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        58359 Aug 16 00:59 bw_file_rd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        68113 Aug 16 00:59 bw_mem
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        59936 Aug 16 00:59 bw_mmap_rd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57707 Aug 16 00:59 bw_pipe
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        62348 Aug 16 00:59 bw_tcp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57793 Aug 16 00:59 bw_unix
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       206968 Aug 16 00:59 bzcat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2128 Aug 16 01:00 bzcmp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2128 Aug 16 00:59 bzdiff
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1677 Aug 16 00:59 bzegrep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1677 Aug 16 00:59 bzfgrep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1677 Aug 16 00:59 bzgrep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       206968 Aug 16 01:00 bzip2
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        19523 Aug 16 01:00 bzip2recover
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1259 Aug 16 00:59 bzless
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1259 Aug 16 00:59 bzmore
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        30376 Aug 16 00:59 c++filt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        34517 Aug 16 00:59 cal
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       133223 Aug 16 01:00 ccache
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        13306 Aug 16 00:59 chattr
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       100861 Aug 16 00:59 chcon
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         3707 Aug 16 00:59 chkdupexe
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 chrt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 chvt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        50569 Aug 16 00:59 cksum
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 clear
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        63552 Aug 16 00:59 cmp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        26291 Aug 16 00:59 col
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        13816 Aug 16 00:59 colcrt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        19959 Aug 16 00:59 colrm
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        26758 Aug 16 00:59 column
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        54049 Aug 16 00:59 comm
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 crontab
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        74745 Aug 16 00:59 csplit
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        73472 Aug 16 00:59 cut
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       947386 Aug 16 00:59 cvs
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        19509 Aug 16 00:59 cytune
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 dc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 deallocvt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        19460 Aug 16 00:59 dhrystone
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       246144 Aug 16 00:59 dialog
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       304885 Aug 16 00:59 diff
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        82209 Aug 16 00:58 diff3
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        56835 Aug 16 00:59 dircolors
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         6996 Aug 16 00:59 directfb-config
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        44465 Aug 16 01:00 dirname
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57804 Aug 16 00:58 disk
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       109714 Aug 16 00:59 distcc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       141239 Aug 16 00:59 distccd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        74010 Aug 16 01:00 dmalloc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 dos2unix
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       179780 Aug 16 01:00 du
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       229414 Aug 16 00:58 egrep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 eject
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        34156 Aug 16 00:58 elfedit
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        54887 Aug 16 00:59 enough
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        45659 Aug 16 00:59 env
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         4393 Aug 16 00:59 erb
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 ether-wake
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        51794 Aug 16 00:59 expand
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        63487 Aug 16 00:58 expr
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        52804 Aug 16 00:59 factor
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 01:00 fdformat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       107696 Aug 16 00:59 ffmpeg
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        33744 Aug 16 00:59 ffprobe
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       174155 Aug 16 00:59 fgrep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       241490 Aug 13 17:10 file
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       363600 Aug 16 01:00 find
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        13373 Aug 16 00:59 flock
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         6207 Aug 16 00:59 flushdisk
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        56944 Aug 16 00:59 fmt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        48976 Aug 16 00:58 fold
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 free
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 fuser
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        39122 Aug 16 00:59 fusermount
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      6501789 Aug 13 17:10 gdb
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1006946 Aug 13 17:10 gdbserver
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        42694 Aug 16 00:59 gdbus
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1349 Aug 16 00:59 gdbus-codegen
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          542 Aug 16 00:59 gem
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        15940 Aug 16 00:59 getopt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         9611 Aug 16 00:59 gio-querymodules
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        55079 Aug 16 01:00 glib-compile-schemas
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       271501 Aug 16 00:59 gnuchess
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          361 Aug 16 00:59 gnuchessx
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       137120 Aug 16 00:58 gperf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       131311 Aug 16 00:59 gprof
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       232443 Aug 16 00:59 grep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        48352 Aug 16 00:59 groups
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        22721 Aug 16 00:59 gsettings
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2253 Aug 16 00:59 gunzip
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         5931 Aug 16 00:59 gzexe
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       137850 Aug 16 00:58 gzip
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        63121 Aug 16 00:59 head
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         5692 Aug 16 00:59 hello
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        38013 Aug 16 00:59 hexdump
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        43530 Aug 16 00:59 hostid
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        52506 Aug 16 00:58 id
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          124 Aug 16 00:59 idle
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         4266 Aug 16 00:59 ifnames
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       165237 Aug 16 00:59 install
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         9720 Aug 16 01:00 ipcmk
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        10843 Aug 16 00:59 ipcrm
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        20137 Aug 16 00:59 ipcs
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          314 Aug 16 00:59 irb
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        21056 Aug 16 00:59 isosize
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        42591 Aug 16 00:59 jpegtran
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        50687 Aug 16 00:59 kill
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 killall
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 killall5
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 last
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        60534 Aug 16 00:59 lat_connect
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        59783 Aug 16 00:59 lat_ctx
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        59641 Aug 16 00:59 lat_fcntl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57577 Aug 16 00:58 lat_fifo
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        61229 Aug 16 00:59 lat_fs
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        61744 Aug 16 00:59 lat_http
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       180682 Aug 16 00:58 lat_mem_rd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57667 Aug 16 00:59 lat_mmap
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        94977 Aug 16 00:59 lat_ops
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        60090 Aug 16 01:00 lat_pagefault
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        56897 Aug 16 00:59 lat_pipe
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        58036 Aug 16 00:59 lat_proc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        60437 Aug 16 00:59 lat_rpc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        62999 Aug 16 00:59 lat_select
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57117 Aug 16 00:59 lat_sem
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        59928 Aug 16 00:59 lat_sig
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        59904 Aug 16 01:00 lat_syscall
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        61482 Aug 16 00:59 lat_tcp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        63449 Aug 16 00:59 lat_udp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57063 Aug 16 01:00 lat_unix
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        58191 Aug 16 00:59 lat_unix_connect
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       612246 Aug 16 00:59 ld
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       612246 Aug 16 00:59 ld.bfd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 less
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       294142 Aug 16 00:59 libtool
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        73821 Aug 16 00:59 libtoolize
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       180299 Aug 16 00:59 line
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        46050 Aug 16 01:00 link
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        12095 Aug 16 00:59 linux32
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        12095 Aug 16 01:00 linux64
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        70669 Aug 16 00:59 lmdd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        23891 Aug 16 01:00 lmhttp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       210087 Aug 16 00:59 locate
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        25369 Aug 16 00:59 logger
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        43666 Aug 16 00:59 logname
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        12160 Aug 16 00:59 look
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        54853 Aug 16 01:00 loop_o
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        11181 Aug 16 00:59 lsattr
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        43048 Aug 16 00:59 lscpu
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 lsof
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 lspci
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       142166 Aug 16 00:58 lsusb
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        13399 Aug 16 00:59 lsusb.py
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 lzcat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 lzma
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       320014 Aug 16 00:59 m4
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       228751 Aug 16 00:59 make
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        15622 Aug 16 00:59 mcookie
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        66233 Aug 16 00:59 md5sum
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        56658 Aug 16 01:00 memsize
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        14430 Aug 16 00:59 memstat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 mesg
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        93254 Aug 16 00:59 mhz
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 microcom
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1663134 Aug 16 00:59 microperl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        47956 Aug 16 00:59 mkfifo
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        67226 Aug 16 00:59 mktemp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       470604 Aug 16 00:59 mpd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         5750 Aug 16 00:59 msleep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        27018 Aug 16 00:59 namei
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       260267 Aug 16 00:59 nano
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       381837 Aug 16 00:59 netperf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       392089 Aug 16 00:59 netserver
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        48036 Aug 16 00:59 nice
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        62232 Aug 16 00:59 nl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        51570 Aug 16 00:59 nm
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        48828 Aug 16 01:00 nohup
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        46688 Aug 16 00:59 nproc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 nslookup
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       291310 Aug 16 00:59 objcopy
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       375741 Aug 16 00:59 objdump
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        85174 Aug 16 00:59 od
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       361869 Aug 16 00:59 oldfind
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 openvt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        15346 Aug 16 00:59 opkg-cl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1671 Aug 16 00:59 opkg-key
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         7601 Aug 13 18:06 output.opkg
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         8129 Aug 13 17:16 output.perl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       180300 Aug 16 00:59 par_mem
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1125957 Aug 16 00:58 par_ops
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 passwd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        48637 Aug 16 00:59 paste
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       171820 Aug 16 00:59 patch
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        47551 Aug 16 00:58 pathchk
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1663134 Aug 16 00:59 perl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        40471 Aug 16 00:59 pg
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      4304785 Aug 16 01:00 php-cgi
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57778 Aug 16 00:59 pinky
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        78129 Aug 16 01:00 pkg-config
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       102955 Aug 16 00:59 pr
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        44365 Aug 16 00:59 printenv
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        49695 Aug 16 00:59 printf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        93570 Aug 16 00:59 ptx
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57108 Aug 16 00:59 pv
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         8824 Aug 16 00:59 python
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         8824 Aug 16 01:00 python2.7
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1244 Aug 16 00:59 rake
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        71842 Aug 16 00:59 ranlib
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          693 Aug 16 00:59 rdoc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       433904 Aug 16 01:00 readelf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        79675 Aug 16 00:59 readlink
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       100761 Aug 16 00:59 realpath
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        10077 Aug 16 00:59 renice
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 reset
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 resize
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        10236 Aug 16 00:59 rev
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           69 Aug 16 00:59 ri
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         6853 Aug 16 00:59 ruby
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        47212 Aug 16 00:59 runcon
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        20356 Aug 16 00:59 script
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        15604 Aug 16 00:59 scriptreplay
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        74186 Aug 16 00:59 sdiff
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        53646 Aug 16 00:59 seq
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        12095 Aug 16 00:59 setarch
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 setkeycodes
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         7132 Aug 16 00:59 setsid
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        33237 Aug 16 00:58 setterm
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        69877 Aug 16 00:59 sha1sum
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        80954 Aug 16 00:59 sha224sum
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        80954 Aug 16 01:00 sha256sum
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       155430 Aug 16 00:59 sha384sum
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       155430 Aug 16 00:59 sha512sum
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       115228 Aug 16 00:58 shred
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        83052 Aug 16 00:59 shuf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        34574 Aug 16 00:59 size
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        18572 Aug 16 00:59 smtpd.py
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       167218 Aug 16 00:59 sort
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        98361 Aug 16 00:59 split
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        75866 Aug 16 00:59 sqlite3
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       120676 Aug 16 00:59 stat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        74980 Aug 16 00:59 stdbuf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       316742 Aug 16 00:59 strace
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        60993 Aug 16 00:59 stream
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        33197 Aug 16 00:59 strings
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       291313 Aug 16 00:59 strip
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       543699 Aug 13 17:10 sudo
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       543699 Aug 13 17:10 sudoedit
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       160855 Aug 13 17:10 sudoreplay
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        62675 Aug 16 01:00 sum
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        57688 Aug 16 00:59 tac
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       108470 Aug 16 00:59 tail
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        23598 Aug 16 00:59 tailf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         6802 Aug 16 00:59 tclsh8.4
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        47252 Aug 16 00:59 tee
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 telnet
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        55193 Aug 16 00:59 test
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          243 Aug 16 00:59 testrb
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 tftp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 time
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        75780 Aug 16 00:59 timeout
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        54889 Aug 16 00:59 timing_o
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       184651 Aug 16 00:59 tlb
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 top
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        71445 Aug 16 00:59 tr
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 traceroute
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        73918 Aug 16 00:59 truncate
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        51809 Aug 16 01:00 tsort
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        43828 Aug 16 00:59 tty
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        20085 Aug 16 00:59 ul
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2253 Aug 16 00:59 uncompress
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        53016 Aug 16 01:00 unexpand
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        60676 Aug 16 00:59 uniq
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 01:00 unix2dos
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        46018 Aug 16 00:59 unlink
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 unlzma
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 unxz
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 unzip
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         4524 Aug 16 00:59 update-alternatives
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         9763 Aug 16 00:59 updatedb
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        69816 Aug 16 01:00 uptime
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        30797 Aug 16 01:00 usbhid-dump
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        46115 Aug 16 00:59 users
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 uudecode
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 uuencode
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         8600 Aug 16 00:59 uuidgen
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 vlock
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        67227 Aug 16 00:59 wc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 wget
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        14648 Aug 16 00:59 whereis
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        16997 Aug 16 00:58 whetstone
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 which
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        61536 Aug 16 00:59 who
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        43960 Aug 16 00:59 whoami
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        20309 Aug 13 17:10 write
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        55188 Aug 16 01:00 xargs
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 xz
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       793209 Aug 16 00:59 xzcat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           41 Aug 16 00:59 yacc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        43815 Aug 16 00:59 yes
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1941 Aug 16 01:00 zcat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1760 Aug 16 01:00 zcmp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         5768 Aug 16 00:59 zdiff
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          123 Aug 16 00:59 zegrep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          123 Aug 16 00:59 zfgrep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2135 Aug 16 00:59 zforce
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         5916 Aug 16 00:59 zgrep
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2041 Aug 16 01:00 zless
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2804 Aug 16 00:59 zmore
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         5051 Aug 16 00:59 znew
[root@kindle bin]#

[root@kindle usr]# cd /mnt/us/bin
[root@kindle bin]# ls

Spoiler:
Code:
addgroup       dnsdomainname  join           netstat        stty
adduser        dumpkmap       kill           nice           su
arch           echo           libtool        pidof          sudo
ash            egrep          libtoolize     ping           sudoedit
busybox        false          linux32        pipe_progress  sudoreplay
cat            fdflush        linux64        pivot_root     switch_root
catv           fgrep          ln             pixel.out      sync
chattr         file           login          pixel.out2     tar
chgrp          findmnt        ls             printenv       touch
chmod          getopt         lsattr         ps             true
chown          grep           lsblk          pwd            umount
cp             gunzip         lsof           rm             uname
cpio           gzip           mkdir          rmdir          usleep
date           hostname       mknod          run-parts      vdir
dd             ip             mktemp         sed            vi
delgroup       ipaddr         more           setarch        visudo
deluser        iplink         mount          setserial      watch
df             iproute        mountpoint     sh             write
dir            iprule         mt             sleep          zcat
dmesg          iptunnel       mv             strace

[root@kindle bin]# cd /mnt/us/lib
[root@kindle lib]# ls
Spoiler:
Code:
ld-2.15.so            libm-2.15.so          libpthread.so.0
ld-linux.so.3         libm.so.6             libresolv-2.15.so
libblkid.so.1         libmount.so.1         libresolv.so.2
libblkid.so.1.1.0     libmount.so.1.1.0     librt-2.15.so
libc-2.15.so          libnsl-2.15.so        librt.so.1
libc.so.6             libnsl.so.1           libutil-2.15.so
libcrypt-2.15.so      libnss_dns-2.15.so    libutil.so.1
libcrypt.so.1         libnss_dns.so.2       libuuid.so.1
libdl-2.15.so         libnss_files-2.15.so  libuuid.so.1.3.0
libdl.so.2            libnss_files.so.2     modules
libgcc_s.so.1         libpthread-2.15.so

[root@kindle lib]# cd /mnt/us/usr/lib
[root@kindle lib]# ls
Spoiler:
Code:
alsa-lib                    libgmp.so.10
directfb-1.4-6              libgmp.so.10.0.5
fonts                       libgobject-2.0.so
gdbus-2.0                   libgobject-2.0.so.0
gio                         libgobject-2.0.so.0.3000.2
ldscripts                   libgthread-2.0.so
libSDL-1.2.so.0             libgthread-2.0.so.0
libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4        libgthread-2.0.so.0.3000.2
libSDL.so                   libhistory.so
libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0       libhistory.so.6
libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0.10.1  libhistory.so.6.2
libSDL_mixer.so             libid3tag.so
libSDL_net-1.2.so.0         libid3tag.so.0
libSDL_net-1.2.so.0.8.0     libid3tag.so.0.3.0
libSDL_net.so               libjpeg.so
libasound.so                libjpeg.so.8
libasound.so.2              libjpeg.so.8.4.0
libasound.so.2.0.0          libltdl.so
libavcodec.so               libltdl.so.7
libavcodec.so.53            libltdl.so.7.2.2
libavcodec.so.53.8.0        libmad.so
libavdevice.so              libmad.so.0
libavdevice.so.53           libmad.so.0.2.1
libavdevice.so.53.1.1       libmount.so
libavformat.so              libmpc.so
libavformat.so.53           libmpc.so.2
libavformat.so.53.5.0       libmpc.so.2.0.0
libavutil.so                libmpfr.so
libavutil.so.51             libmpfr.so.4
libavutil.so.51.9.1         libmpfr.so.4.1.1
libbfd-2.21.so              libncurses.so
libbfd.so                   libncurses.so.5
libblkid.so                 libncurses.so.5.9
libbz2.so                   libopcodes-2.21.so
libbz2.so.1                 libopcodes.so
libbz2.so.1.0               libopkg.so
libbz2.so.1.0.6             libopkg.so.0
libcom_err.so               libopkg.so.0.0.0
libcom_err.so.2             libpng.so
libcom_err.so.2.1           libpng14.so
libdirect-1.4.so.6          libpng14.so.14
libdirect-1.4.so.6.0.10     libpng14.so.14.12.0
libdirect.so                libpython2.7.so
libdirectfb-1.4.so.6        libpython2.7.so.1.0
libdirectfb-1.4.so.6.0.10   libreadline.so
libdirectfb.so              libreadline.so.6
libdmalloc.so               libreadline.so.6.2
libdmallocth.so             libruby.so
libdmallocthcxx.so          libruby.so.1.9
libdmallocxx.so             libruby.so.1.9.1
libe2p.so                   libsqlite3.so
libe2p.so.2                 libsqlite3.so.0
libe2p.so.2.3               libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
libexpat.so                 libss.so
libexpat.so.1               libss.so.2
libexpat.so.1.6.0           libss.so.2.0
libext2fs.so                libstdc++.so.6
libext2fs.so.2              libstdc++.so.6.0.16
libext2fs.so.2.4            libswscale.so
libffi.so                   libswscale.so.2
libffi.so.6                 libswscale.so.2.0.0
libffi.so.6.0.0             libtcl8.4.so
libfreetype.so              libusb-0.1.so.4
libfreetype.so.6            libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4
libfreetype.so.6.9.0        libusb-1.0.so
libfuse.so                  libusb-1.0.so.0
libfuse.so.2                libusb-1.0.so.0.1.0
libfuse.so.2.9.0            libusb.so
libfusion-1.4.so.6          libuuid.so
libfusion-1.4.so.6.0.10     libz.so
libfusion.so                libz.so.1
libgio-2.0.so               libz.so.1.2.7
libgio-2.0.so.0             opkg
libgio-2.0.so.0.3000.2      perl5
libglib-2.0.so              python2.7
libglib-2.0.so.0            qt
libglib-2.0.so.0.3000.2     ruby
libgmodule-2.0.so           tcl8.4
libgmodule-2.0.so.0         tclConfig.sh
libgmodule-2.0.so.0.3000.2  terminfo
libgmp.so

Last edited by twobob; 08-15-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spoilers
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
twobob

[root@kindle root]# modprobe -c
# On-demand autoloading of the watchdog driver - Jean II
Spoiler:
Code:
alias net-pf-1 unix
alias net-pf-2 ipv4
alias net-pf-4 ipx
alias net-pf-5 appletalk
alias net-pf-15 af_key
alias net-pf-17 af_packet
alias net-pf-31 bluez

alias bt-proto-0 l2cap
alias bt-proto-2 sco
alias bt-proto-3 rfcomm
alias bt-proto-4 bnep

alias tty-ldisc-1 slip
alias tty-ldisc-3 ppp_async
alias tty-ldisc-11 irtty
alias tty-ldisc-14 ppp_synctty
alias tty-ldisc-15 hci_uart

alias block-major-1-* rd
alias block-major-3-* ide-probe-mod
alias block-major-7-* loop

alias char-major-10-130 sa1100_wdt
alias char-major-14-* pxa-ac97
alias char-major-29-* pxa-fb
alias char-major-89-* i2c-dev
alias char-major-216-* rfcomm

alias usb0 g_ether
alias eth0 smc91x
alias bnep0 bnep
# Aliases extracted from modules themselves.
alias char-major-10-229 fuse
alias tty-ldisc-14 ppp_synctty
alias ppp-compress-24 ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26 ppp_deflate
alias /dev/ppp ppp_generic
alias char-major-108-* ppp_generic
alias tty-ldisc-3 ppp_async
alias sdio:c*v0271d0300* ar6000
alias sdio:c*v0271d0201* ar6000
alias sdio:c*v0271d0200* ar6000
alias usb:v*p*d*dc*dsc*dp*ic09isc*ip* usbcore
alias usb:v*p*d*dc09dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* usbcore
alias fsl-ehci ehci_hcd
alias usb:v1BC7p1003d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v16D8p6280d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v05C6p6613d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v05C6p6000d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0C88p180Ad*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1A8Dp1003d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1A8Dp1002d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v19D2p0002d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v19D2p0001d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1726p1000d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v16D5p6502d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v16D5p6501d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8138d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8137d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8136d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8133d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8129d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8128d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8118d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8117d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8116d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8115d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v413Cp8114d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1614p0802d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1614p7002d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1614p0800d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p9001d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p8001d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p7001d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p6001d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p9000d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p8000d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p7000d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p6000d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p4100d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p4400d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p2420d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p2410d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p2400d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p2130d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p2120d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p2110d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p2100d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p1450d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p1430d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p1420d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p1410d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p1400d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p1130d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p1120d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p1110d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1410p1100d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v1614p0800d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v12D1p1419d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1418d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1417d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1416d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1415d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1414d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1413d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1412d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1411d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1410d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1409d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1408d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1406d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1405d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1403d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1401d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1004d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1003d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v12D1p1001d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFF* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7111d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7100d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7071d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7051d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7031d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7061d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7041d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7021d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7011d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p7001d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6911d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6901d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6800d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6771d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6751d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6731d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6761d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6741d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6721d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6711d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6701d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6601d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6600d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6501d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6500d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6350d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6250d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6150d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6050d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6300d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6200d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6100d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p6000d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
alias usb:v0AF0p5000d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* option
# Aliases for symbols, used by symbol_request().
alias symbol:einkfb_get_reset eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:einkfb_set_reset eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:einkfb_lock_entry eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_serial_generic_write_bulk_callback usbserial
alias symbol:usb_bus_list_lock usbcore
alias symbol:usb_autopm_get_interface usbcore
alias symbol:ehci_cf_port_reset_rwsem usbcore
alias symbol:usb_mon_deregister usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_write_which eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_sg_init usbcore
alias symbol:usb_sg_wait usbcore
alias symbol:usb_buffer_unmap_sg usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_stretch_nybble eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:einkfb_schedule_timeout eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_driver_release_interface usbcore
alias symbol:usb_lock_device_for_reset usbcore
alias symbol:usb_serial_register usbserial
alias symbol:usb_driver_set_configuration usbcore
alias symbol:usb_deregister_device_driver usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_set_reboot_hook eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_bulk_msg usbcore
alias symbol:usb_match_one_id usbcore
alias symbol:suspend_count ehci_hcd
alias symbol:usb_match_id usbcore
alias symbol:usb_add_hcd usbcore
alias symbol:usb_register_driver usbcore
alias symbol:usb_hcd_unlink_urb_from_ep usbcore
alias symbol:usb_reset_device usbcore
alias symbol:usb_kill_anchored_urbs usbcore
alias symbol:usb_serial_deregister usbserial
alias symbol:usb_serial_suspend usbserial
alias symbol:einkfb_lock_release eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:ppp_output_wakeup ppp_generic
alias symbol:einkfb_set_info_hook eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_reset_configuration usbcore
alias symbol:usb_submit_urb usbcore
alias symbol:usb_get_descriptor usbcore
alias symbol:usb_put_dev usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_malloc eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:einkfb_proc_sysfs_rw eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_hcd_check_unlink_urb usbcore
alias symbol:usb_alloc_urb usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_set_ioctl_hook eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:einkfb_get_force_interruptible eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:slhc_remember slhc
alias symbol:einkfb_set_suspend_resume_hook eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:einkfb_align_bounds eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:einkfb_hal_ops_init eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:crc_ccitt crc_ccitt
alias symbol:usb_string usbcore
alias symbol:usb_gadget_register_driver arcotg_udc
alias symbol:einkfb_lock_ready eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_buffer_alloc usbcore
alias symbol:usb_init_urb usbcore
alias symbol:usb_kill_urb usbcore
alias symbol:usb_get_intf usbcore
alias symbol:usb_calc_bus_time usbcore
alias symbol:usb_find_interface usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_get_power_override_state eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_deregister_dev usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_create_proc_entry eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_ep0_reinit usbcore
alias symbol:usb_get_hcd usbcore
alias symbol:usb_hcd_giveback_urb usbcore
alias symbol:crc_ccitt_table crc_ccitt
alias symbol:ppp_unregister_compressor ppp_generic
alias symbol:usb_serial_generic_read_bulk_callback usbserial
alias symbol:usb_hub_tt_clear_buffer usbcore
alias symbol:ehci_hcd_recalc_work ehci_hcd
alias symbol:usb_buffer_free usbcore
alias symbol:usb_autopm_put_interface usbcore
alias symbol:usb_unlink_anchored_urbs usbcore
alias symbol:usb_free_urb usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_memset eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:einkfb_ioctl eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_register_dev usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_set_blank_unblank_level eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_altnum_to_altsetting usbcore
alias symbol:usb_get_current_frame_number usbcore
alias symbol:usb_mon_register usbcore
alias symbol:usb_control_msg usbcore
alias symbol:usb_hcd_resume_root_hub usbcore
alias symbol:usb_anchor_urb usbcore
alias symbol:ppp_register_channel ppp_generic
alias symbol:usb_disabled usbcore
alias symbol:usb_buffer_map_sg usbcore
alias symbol:usb_wait_anchor_empty_timeout usbcore
alias symbol:ppp_channel_index ppp_generic
alias symbol:usb_hcd_platform_shutdown usbcore
alias symbol:usb_unregister_notify usbcore
alias symbol:usb_hc_died usbcore
alias symbol:slhc_compress slhc
alias symbol:usb_serial_probe usbserial
alias symbol:usb_autopm_set_interface usbcore
alias symbol:usb_get_urb usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_blank eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:power_level_initiated_call eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_serial_port_softint usbserial
alias symbol:einkfb_get_skip_buffers_equal eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_reset_composite_device usbcore
alias symbol:usb_remove_hcd usbcore
alias symbol:ppp_input ppp_generic
alias symbol:slhc_toss slhc
alias symbol:einkfb_power_override_begin eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:slhc_init slhc
alias symbol:ppp_unregister_channel ppp_generic
alias symbol:usb_register_notify usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_power_override_end eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:wan_set_usb_wake_callback mwan
alias symbol:einkfb_free eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:einkfb_get_info eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_unanchor_urb usbcore
alias symbol:usb_unlink_urb usbcore
alias symbol:usb_set_interface usbcore
alias symbol:wan_get_modem_type mwan
alias symbol:usb_clear_halt usbcore
alias symbol:usb_hcd_link_urb_to_ep usbcore
alias symbol:usb_put_intf usbcore
alias symbol:usb_put_hcd usbcore
alias symbol:slhc_free slhc
alias symbol:usb_get_status usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_get_last_bounds_failure eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_serial_resume usbserial
alias symbol:einkfb_ioctl_dispatch eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:__usb_get_extra_descriptor usbcore
alias symbol:ppp_unit_number ppp_generic
alias symbol:ppp_input_error ppp_generic
alias symbol:usb_serial_generic_open usbserial
alias symbol:einkfb_get_flash_mode eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_create_hcd usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_read_which eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_bus_list usbcore
alias symbol:ehci_hcd_restart_idle ehci_hcd
alias symbol:einkfb_memcpy eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:ppp_register_compressor ppp_generic
alias symbol:einkfb_hal_ops_done eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_deregister usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_bounds_are_acceptable eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_sg_cancel usbcore
alias symbol:slhc_uncompress slhc
alias symbol:einkfb_blit eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_driver_claim_interface usbcore
alias symbol:usb_get_dev usbcore
alias symbol:usb_store_new_id usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_lock_exit eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_root_hub_lost_power usbcore
alias symbol:usb_ifnum_to_if usbcore
alias symbol:usb_gadget_unregister_driver arcotg_udc
alias symbol:einkfb_get_cmd_string eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_interrupt_msg usbcore
alias symbol:usb_register_device_driver usbcore
alias symbol:usb_hcd_poll_rh_status usbcore
alias symbol:einkfb_remove_proc_entry eink_fb_hal
alias symbol:usb_serial_disconnect usbserial

So now to see about including.
/BLDS/buildroot/build/linux-custom/fs/binfmt_misc.ko

EDIT:

[root@kindle root]# cd /mnt/us
[root@kindle us]# ls bin*
bin/ binfmt_misc.ko

[root@kindle us]# insmod binfmt_misc.ko

Does some further reading...

http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l...l8_modprob.htm

http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l/blcmdl8_insmod.htm

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_depmod.htm

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_lsmod.htm <-- This one I think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binfmt_misc

Ah yeah. lsmod.

[root@kindle us]# lsmod
Code:
Module                  Size  Used by
binfmt_misc             8392  0 
option                 12512  2 
usbserial              27756  5 option
ehci_hcd               38880  1 option
usbcore               136388  4 option,usbserial,ehci_hcd
g_serial               16844  0 
arcotg_udc             38628  1 g_serial
ar6000                161076  0 
ppp_async               8612  1 
crc_ccitt               1856  1 ppp_async
ppp_generic            19252  5 ppp_async
slhc                    5984  1 ppp_generic
volume                  8900  0 
fiveway                23552  1 
mxc_keyb               15904  1 
uinput                  7776  0 
fuse                   48348  2 
mwan                    7324  2 ehci_hcd,ppp_async
eink_fb_shim          118588  0 
eink_fb_hal_broads    397532  0 
eink_fb_hal            59764  8 eink_fb_shim,eink_fb_hal_broads

there you go.

Hope this helps out knc1 some for his emu. seems to swallow it okay.

EDIT THE ATTACHMENT IS NOW BUILT WITH THE CS2006q3 TC. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: gz binfmt_misc.ko.tar.gz (5.3 KB, 371 views)

Last edited by twobob; 08-17-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: added wikilink
Old 08-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Try to insmod using a full, absolute path and filename, on your K3 - if the kernel accepts it, it will work.

Also, a "modinfo" command (again, use full, absolute path and filename) on both the new binfmt_misc and any existing *.ko in the Amazon release will show some of the compatability settings in the info header.

Somewhere in my repository I have directions for registering lua5.1, lua5.2 and tcc as part of one of the projects.

Tags
buildroot, compile, howto, kernal, kindle 3.3