Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
WOO-HOO

finally got my reader. have it charging right now, problem is, im running linux, and cant get the library to run under wine... oh well, i'll figure something out.

anyone want a prsa-cl6 cover?

Last edited by Lago; 05-19-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
jstandfield
jstandfield began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
When I used Linux with my 505 I used Calibre. It worked alot better than the Sony reader software.
jstandfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Use Calibre for sure. No need to even download the Sony software unless you want to buy books from them or import your notes/highlights.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Lago
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Use Calibre for sure. No need to even download the Sony software unless you want to buy books from them or import your notes/highlights.
eventually that will be a concern, as will be borrowing from a library. but for now, calibre is working well.

is there a limit as to how many books to load at a time?, it seems to choke on my star trek collection.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Congrats! Enjoy your new toy!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I've only had my PRS-600 a while now and congratulate you on your possession..
I had troubles with my old memory stick (upgraded from PRS-500).. I was forced to salvage all ebooks from the memory stick, delete everything, then reload the books using the Sony software. This worked for me.
I have not tried out the limits of the PRS-600 for ebooks (although it is very tempting and I have plenty of ebooks to do so). Currently I've got 251 on the Reader - either on memory stick or in internal memory.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
Lago
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I've only had my PRS-600 a while now and congratulate you on your possession..
I had troubles with my old memory stick (upgraded from PRS-500).. I was forced to salvage all ebooks from the memory stick, delete everything, then reload the books using the Sony software. This worked for me.
I have not tried out the limits of the PRS-600 for ebooks (although it is very tempting and I have plenty of ebooks to do so). Currently I've got 251 on the Reader - either on memory stick or in internal memory.
well, i currently have a 4gig micro in it via an adapter. have a 2 gig on the way, and am working on a 16gig... should have plenty of room.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lago View Post
eventually that will be a concern, as will be borrowing from a library.
Just load Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and register your device via ADe. Then use ADE for your Library borrowing needs.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote