Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Deke218
I Likes Ta Read!
Deke218 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
PRS 600 Won't charge...

I received the PRS 600 in Feb, 2010 as a birthday present. Believe me, I never would have gotten this for myself as I am not a fan of anything Sony.

That being said, for the first month or so, this thing was great and I wondered how I could ever live without it. Having an entire library in my pocket!

Stating in April, I noticed that the battery wouldn't take a complete charge. It would fill the battery indicator to half full and that was it. This was using the PSP wall charger and it went downhill from there.

At present a full weekends charge - 3 days - gives me just under 1 hour of use!!! By the time I get to work, I'm getting the low battery warning.

Is this a known issue with this thing and if so, is there a fix or should I just chuck this sucker off the Brooklyn Bridge on the way home?
Deke218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Have you tried another charger or charging it by connecting it to a computer? It might be that your charger is broken. You could also try a soft reset, that seems to help solve some weird problems.

If you checked both and it still doesn't want to charge I would contact Sony or the store where it was bought.

Good luck!
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert