Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
How do you hold a JB?

My default way of holding a JB is with my left palm, and I turn the pages using the slider with my thumb. Is this the optimal way to hold the JB, as intended by the designer of the product, I wonder? I'm a right-handed person, but I soon got used to wriggling my thumb to get to the next page.

Anyone has a different way of holding/using the JB?
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Don't use the slider-I just dont like the way it "slides". If the designers were smarth then they would have simply put two vertical buttons there for you to turn the pages. If I'm holding the book in my left hand then I use the left hand side buttons and if I'm holding in the right then I use the right hand side buttons
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite

There is a thread, but its about 9 pages back.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I ignore the sliding bar on the left. Use either the silver buttons lower left or the cursor keys to change page.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I hold it in landscape in my left hand. This keeps my thumb right next to the page turn button.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
LS650
Enthusiast
LS650 is on a distinguished road

Device: Android, Jetbook Lite
I also ignore the slider: two buttons for up and down would have been better.

I usually grip the lower two corners, and split about 50-50 between using the chrome buttons with my left thumb or the right/left arrows with my right thumb.
LS650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I hold it in landscape in my left hand. This keeps my thumb right next to the page turn button.
I do the same.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I avoid the buttons if I could. I wish they would make less noise when I depress them, particularly the silver ones.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
rickyoon.vegas
rickyoon.vegas began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
If i had a JetBook Lite, I'd use the slider.
On the original JetBook, it's awkward to use the slider.
Left bottom page turners are the best when holding with either hands
rickyoon.vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyoon.vegas View Post
If i had a JetBook Lite, I'd use the slider.
On the original JetBook, it's awkward to use the slider.
Left bottom page turners are the best when holding with either hands
How are the sliders different between the original Jetbook and the Jetbook Lite?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #11
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
I don't. I have people for that.
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 AM   #12
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
How are the sliders different between the original Jetbook and the Jetbook Lite?
both units have the same sliders but jetBook-Lite has the AA battery part that can be used as a holder and slider is very useful on this model.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #13
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
hold it by the batteries! its so well balanced, you never want to let it go!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #14
rickyoon.vegas
rickyoon.vegas began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Seriously. In terms of Comfort, jetBook LITE is a clear winner because of the battery cage can be used as a secure holder for your left hand.
You really don't ever want to let it go.
I chose the normal jetBook because i could slide it in my packed laptop bag.
rickyoon.vegas is offline   Reply With Quote