Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
slboyd
slboyd doesn't litterslboyd doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Upgraded to Calibre 6.31 today now problem with loading PDF files?

Hi I got around to updating to 6.31 today and I'm trying to load 4 PDF files that are review books I have to read and review... soon... sigh!!!

When I try to add one I get:

PenningtonSharon_HoodooMoney-pg296.pdf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\add.pyo", line 83, in run
File "calibre\gui2\add.pyo", line 128, in add
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1366, in create_book_entry
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 170, in run
DatabaseException: no such function: uuid4
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 141, in run
OperationalError: no such function: uuid4

I'm running Windows XP, reader is a Sony 505... but I haven't even tried to move the files to the Sony this is happening when I try to just add them to Calibre. I get basically the same message with all 4 files. Anyone have an ideas??

Thanks -- I love Calibre and it makes using my Sony a joy!! I have never had an issue before adding a review book and I'm clueless here...

slboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're not running the upgraded version of calibre. In fact you've likely got two calibre versions on your computer. I suggect uninstalling both. Then deleting the folders C:\Program files\calibre and C:\Program Files\calibre2 and then re-installing.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
slboyd
slboyd doesn't litterslboyd doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Thanks a bunch!! I don't know how I got two copies installed at the same time but this fixed it!!
slboyd is offline   Reply With Quote