Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Sony Daily Edition on Sale at Best Buy - $359.99 with Free Shipping

The title pretty much says it all.

Here is the link:

Sony Digital Edition at Best Buy

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I would jump on this deal if there was no tax. With tax, I would only be saving about $14.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yes.......but Backordered.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Yes.......but Backordered.
Yup, but they expect it to ship in the next couple of weeks. I bought new appliances at Best Buy a few months ago so I had enough Reward Zone points for $145 in Best Buy credit, so I bought it. The email says "The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item sooner if it becomes available." We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I would jump on this deal if there was no tax. With tax, I would only be saving about $14.
How can you get it with no tax? I have to pay tax if I get it direct from Sony as well.

I looked on Amazon, where I don't pay tax, but they only had one third-party seller peddling it at $699.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
My guess is that Best Buy committed to purchase a high number of 900's for Christmas and is now nervous that the goods are arriving late. We benefit even if we have to wait. Factoring in the sales tax, I save about $43 compared to buying from Sony. If Amazon, Newegg, J&R or another seller which doesn't charge sales tax gets it listed before Best Buy ships, I will cancel the order with Best Buy and swap to another retailer.

Last edited by advocate2; 12-27-2009 at 12:38 PM.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

I just checked with J&R and they now have the Daily Edition available for pre-order at $399, free shipping and no sales tax. It is still cheaper for me to go with the Best Buy offer.

Here's the link for J&R:

http://www.jr.com/sony/pe/SON_PRS900BCKIT/#

The pictures in the listing show the case logic zippered case included.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
I had one on backorder at Best Buy. I called customer service to ask for the sale price and it turned out my safest option was to cancel my existing order and resubmit it.

They do automatically give the sale price on something that's on backorder, BUT only if it comes in before the sale expires...so if it didn't come in this week, I'd lose out on the 40 bucks savings.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma

The customer review on the Best Buy site is kind of funny. It is dated December 2. Does anyone believe the reviewer had an actual unit is his or her hands? ...... Didn't think so. Sounds to me like a review based on press releases.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma

A Member posted in the Reader forum that Sony gave a refund of $40 based on the Best Buy price.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #10
Estuche
Enthusiast
Estuche began at the beginning.

Device: none
I said this in another thread, but Bing cashback is 5% at Bestbuy for even more savings (360*.05=18US)
Estuche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
4nefertiti
Enthusiast
4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS900 (daily edition), blackberry
Since I just received two from Sony, I will be in touch to see if they are willing to offer the $40 refund.

Update:
Just got off the phone with Sony (45 minutes). I was issued the credit for the two devices I received on 12/28. It took awhile because it was purchased over 30 days ago. I pointed out that the device was not available to ship unitl 12/23. After the customer service rep verified this, they issued the credit.

Call 18772449959 if you are trying to get your credit issued. This may save you some time being transferred between departments with Sony Style.

Last edited by 4nefertiti; 12-31-2009 at 12:28 PM.
4nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote