Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
About the Text to Speech on the Pocket Pro

Can Robert or anyone who owns a Hanlin V5 describe the characteristics of the voice used for TTS? Specifically, is the quality of voice human, even if uninflected (like the Kindle), or is it completely synthetic like DR Sbaitso or the voice from the movie 'War Games?' The TTS on my android smartphone is the latter and, as much as I want to like it, I just can't.
Any further info (even a recording) would be much appreciated.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #2
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
I love the txt to speech on the ez reader (5 -"pocket pro) and the 20+ ebook formats. Im disabled and find i use the read to me option all the time . my partner visiual impared so it alson means he can read his ebooks again now. where as in the past he had lots of ebooks but no way to read em.
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do you have a Pocket Pro when they haven't begun to ship yet? Do you have a Hanlin V5?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by sian View Post
I love the txt to speech on the ez reader (5 -"pocket pro) and the 20+ ebook formats. Im disabled and find i use the read to me option all the time . my partner visiual impared so it alson means he can read his ebooks again now. where as in the past he had lots of ebooks but no way to read em.
Be aware that the TTS doesn't work on all of those 20+ formats (like epub and pdf). Just in case you didn't know.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Pocket PRO shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
How do you have a Pocket Pro when they haven't begun to ship yet? Do you have a Hanlin V5?
The EZ Reader Pocket PRO is a variant of the Hanlin V5. We do not hide that fact. The Hanlin is made by a factory that makes more eBook Readers than Amazon and Sony combined. Unlike the Amazon and Sony, it is sold worldwide and is the Number 1 device in Europe! However, Astak offers this unit in six colors picked by MobileRead Forum members, has USA Customer Service and Technical Support, and has a USA warranty. We think it is a far better total package, and EARNS its own name as Pocket PRO.

The white and black colors will be shipping within scant days now to end users and the press. Other colors are going through Chinese customs and will be shipping very shortly.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Yes, TTS does not work on all formats but

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Be aware that the TTS doesn't work on all of those 20+ formats (like epub and pdf). Just in case you didn't know.
Dear All:

Yes, Anemic Oak is right. Text-To-Speech does not yet work on epub and pdf. This is not a problem with the device... it is a problem that Adobe and our factory are working upon.

ADE only came out about 6 months ago, and the factory was approved four weeks ago. Please do not blame the device for something so new. I personally feel that the formats that will now work in TTS are excellent and easy to find eBooks in. This will ONLY grow as more formats will allow TTS to interface properly in the future.

Dear sian:

I am sure you and your friend will be pleased and will find it a valuable aid!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

What does the TTS sound like? Is it a human voice or a completely generated one? I don't think I can handle my EReader asking me if I "want to play a game" or callijng me "Dr. Falcon" etc. I also would not like my books to be read by Dr. Sbaitso or any voice of a quality beneath that of Max Headroom.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Don' think I could to stand to be read to by M-M-Max He-He-Headroom.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Imagine HAL reading to you.

"You've been reading long enough. Put the book down, Dave."
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The EZ Reader Pocket PRO is a variant of the Hanlin V5. We do not hide that fact. The Hanlin is made by a factory that makes more eBook Readers than Amazon and Sony combined.
What is the difference between Hanlin and Jinte?

(I could make a guess but I don't want to be the source of false information.)
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
What is the difference between Hanlin and Jinte?
Jinke is the company making the Hanlin brand ebook Readers, which are often re-branded under different names around the world. See Jinke ePaper Reading Devices.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
So is Jinte the factory Robert speaks of that makes so many eBook readers?

Is Hanlin a customer of Jinte?

If so, does Jinte have other customers besides Hanlin? wallcraft, I notice on your link that it is a page of Hanlin products, but at the bottom of the page it says Jinte.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:44 AM   #13
cingkrab
cingkrab began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:

If so, does Jinte have other customers besides Hanlin? wallcraft, I notice on your link that it is a page of Hanlin products, but at the bottom of the page it says Jinte.
I think Hanlin is the name for their ebook reader line of products. "EZReader" is to Astak as "Hanlin" is to Jinte.
cingkrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please note that the company is called JINKE, not JINTE.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:

Jinke is the manufacturer of the Hanlin line of reading devices. Hanlin is the Jinke brand name. the Hanlin devices are sold by Jinke to distributeurs (who then sell to individual customers), re-branded with different names depending on the reseller, like the Eco-Reader for Australia, the BeBook for Europe, and the EZ Reader in the US (there are others as well).

All of the Hanlin devices use the same hardware, regardless of the distributer name. Many of them use the same or similar firmware as well (although there is also an independent firmware being developped called Open Inkpot, and many Hanlin users like to reflash their device to use OI firmware). Astak is a reseller of Jinke's Hanlin devices, for the US ; the Hanlin devices are re-branded "EZ Reader" for sale by Astak.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 08-29-2009 at 04:22 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezreader, tts