Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Whispernet Down Today! Up! Down! Up!

As noted on CNet, Amazon has yet another bout of technical issues today. Their S3 servers are down in both North America and Europe. I noticed this when I tried to download a Kindle book wirelessly, which did not show up. Whe I tried via the web and PC, I got an "item currently unavailable" message.

No word yet on what happened.....
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I had problems a couple of days ago. I haven't tried to buy anything today (shocking but true). I'll see if I get a sample of something.

Edit: I downloaded 2 different samples, one from the Kindle and one from my computer. Both arrived with no problems. Maybe the outage is fixed or is spotty.

Last edited by daffy4u; 07-20-2008 at 07:42 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I had problems a couple of days ago. I haven't tried to buy anything today (shocking but true). I'll see if I get a sample of something.

Edit: I downloaded 2 different samples, one from the Kindle and one from my computer. Both arrived with no problems. Maybe the outage is fixed or is spotty.
just downloaded a book, worked great........thethings I do for this board
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
(Posted in the thread in the Kindle forums as well)

http://status.aws.amazon.com/

This is the "health site" for Amazon's web services, and you can see if something's down or not.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #5
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Yes, it seems to be up again. I was able to download via PC and transfer to the Kindle. It did not, however, pick up the failed wireless download and "re-download" it wirelessly, I had to do it manually by PC.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSo View Post
(Posted in the thread in the Kindle forums as well)

http://status.aws.amazon.com/

This is the "health site" for Amazon's web services, and you can see if something's down or not.
How do you people know about these things? Thanks for sharing.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote