Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #1
AnitainTN
Member, Nooks Anonymous
AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.

Device: SGTS2-8, Nook Color
Good Photo-heavy Magazine Reader?

Does anyone know a good photo-heavy magazine reader? That will show the pages "as they are" in the magazine?

I guess I don't understand the formats and the readers well enough to ask in detail.

Here's the situation: I get National Geographic through BN, and the magazine is just gorgeous with direct download from BN on my SGTS2-8. When I had the SGT4N-7, the magazine looked the same whether direct download or side-loaded (and future proofed) with CC. Now, the same process using the Android Nook App, I get just text. All the lovely photos (even the Canon ads) are gone. No future-proofing if I can't see the photos.

The BN shell Nook App is definitely better than the Android Nook App. Unless there's a setting somewhere or file extension change or something I can do?

Same in Moon+ or Mantano (free/test versions to see if I like them and if they work for my books + magazine(s)) - just text. They're flunking on the magazines. Do the full versions handle magazines? I'm willing to buy the pro versions if they do what I want, but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks for any help understanding this and maybe a reader that can handle scenic magazines.

Edit: There's now a NOOK for Galaxy Tab 4 in Google Play that works fine on a Tab S2 also. My magazines look spectacular whether direct downloaded from BN or side-loaded via CC. Yeah! The files are future-proofed, anyway. I'm not sure what viewer/reader I would use if the NOOK App went away, though. Question stands...how do you all read/view photo-heavy magazines?

Last edited by AnitainTN; 09-11-2015 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Update : New NOOK App version available.
AnitainTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:37 PM   #2
rollei
Addict
rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnitainTN View Post
Same in Moon+ or Mantano (free/test versions to see if I like them and if they work for my books + magazine(s)) - just text. They're flunking on the magazines. Do the full versions handle magazines? I'm willing to buy the pro versions if they do what I want, but I'm not seeing it.
This is how the pro version of Moon+ Reader looks in reading a magazine. Didn't looks like photo-heavy pdf magazines are handled well.

Enlarging a section of the page to read the text:

rollei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert