Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Question for mac users

For Mobipocket formats. Has anyone tried to open the the ebook in its original format then select Print once the printer window opens instead of printing just save as PDF then convert to LRF? I do not have any mobipocket versions to try but was wondering if this might be a work around to get it on to the 505??
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
For Mobipocket formats. Has anyone tried to open the the ebook in its original format then select Print once the printer window opens instead of printing just save as PDF then convert to LRF? I do not have any mobipocket versions to try but was wondering if this might be a work around to get it on to the 505??
Sounds like more work than it's worth. If you can open it in Mobipocket format on a Mac, it must not be DRM-full. That would mean that you can just convert it using the tools included with libprs500. Works great, and gives you a better result than going via pdf.

Xenophon
(a Mac and Sony PRS500, and libprs500 user)
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
how do you open a mobipocket file on a mac?

*confused*
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
No clue. I was, um, assuming that he had some way of doing that in order to do the print to pdf. Of course we all know what that say about assuming...

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
how do you open a mobipocket file on a mac?

*confused*
Probably with a third-party port of FBReader to OS/X: http://www.fbreader.org/macos/
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
I haven't tried it yet. I was under the assumption that the format was for the reader not necessarily the computer it was used on. Because I can open and view alot of formats on my Mac that doesnt mean my 505 can. If mobipocket cant be opened on a Mac then so be it.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #7
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I haven't tried it yet. I was under the assumption that the format was for the reader not necessarily the computer it was used on. Because I can open and view alot of formats on my Mac that doesnt mean my 505 can. If mobipocket cant be opened on a Mac then so be it.
I don't believe the PRS-505 supports Mobipocket, either.

Mac OS/X is about the only platform Mobipocket doesn't currently support, and the absence is a bit surprising.

I don't believe Mobipocket is currently supported on the PRS-505, either.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote