Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #121
jpfletcher
jpfletcher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I just received an email telling me that my order has been canceled because the item was no longer available.
jpfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 AM   #122
Sportsman
Sportsman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yep, I just got the same thing.
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did as well. I'm on the phone now to try to sort it out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #124
Kilarney
Connoisseur
Kilarney doesn't litterKilarney doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Wow... I went from being jealous that you were getting the 505 to relieved that I just barely snuck in under the wire and got a 500.

I hope you have luck getting this resolved.
Kilarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #125
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
I too got an e-mail telling me the Sony Rewards order was canceled. Odd that Sony PRS500U is still displayed on the Sony Rewards web site.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #126
jpfletcher
jpfletcher began at the beginning.

I just got off the phone with them again and they said that it never should have been put back on the site. They expect the reader to become available this Friday or Saturday. I questioned the CSR on why it takes so long for the order to process and ship. He could not give me a reasonable answer. I guess we'll see this weekend.

Last edited by jpfletcher; 10-09-2007 at 11:39 AM.
jpfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #127
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfletcher View Post
I just got off the phone with them again and they said that it never should have been put back on the site. They expect the reader to become available this Friday or Saturday. I questioned the CSR on why it takes so long for the order to process and ship. He could not give me a reasonable answer. I guess we'll see this weekend.
Part of the problem we still face is the reader is STILL showing up ont he website. If it is not taken down, how will we know when it really is available or not? The person on the phone was saying it should be taken down sometime today. I hope so. But the problem is that because of the 505 the 500 is no longer being made and thus, whatever they can get, they can get. But I'm not yet giving up just yet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #128
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Yeah, if we're lucky (and they're cool about honoring the deal), then they're plum out of 500 units, and will let us get 505 units instead.

I tried ordering a 500 yesterday, but the discounted price wouldn't show up in my shopping cart (so I had to buy ~270,000 points to complete the transaction.) I called them and they filed some sort of request to investigate the issue, but it looks like this is going to take a few days to clear up anyway.

I don't think they're going to try to weasel out of the deal, since they do have a perfectly adequate replacement unit to fulfill the deal conditions with. I doubt that there's that many people still waiting to order at the special price, I don't think it would cost them that much money or whatever.

Last edited by madmaxmedia; 10-09-2007 at 12:08 PM.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #129
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, there are still lots of PRS-500 being sold at retailers, i.e. Borders. In two Borders superstores closest to my house they had several PRS-500 units, and only one of the two stores had PRS-505 in stock (and only silver).

At some point the unsold stock is probably going to end up at Sony, chances are it will be sold at Sony Rewards. I kind of feel that Sony Rewards is a clearing house for the Sony goods, which they need to get moving. It used to be more so. That's why it doesn't make a lot of sense to sell the PRS-505 via Sony Rewards - eventually, but not right now, while they are going hot.

Hopefully the customer service will help sort out the promotional orders that all of a sudden became unavailable. Perhaps they will let you buy a unit at Borders, and rebate the difference?
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #130
richfei
richfei began at the beginning.

Device: 123123
So for those who called, did Sony indicate that the cancelled orders will result in new stock being shipped out when they come in (someone mentioned the weekend) or does a new order need to be placed ?

Have they given any indication that they would be willing to fulfill cancelled orders with 505s (regardless of when these are actually available) ?

I'll give them a call when I get a chance, but just wondering what your next steps are for those who got the rejection email
richfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #131
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I called a little while ago. They said the reader (500) is being listed in error and would not really be in stock until this weekend or next week. I will have to re-enter the order for the 500 then. I asked why they didn't just back order it and was told the rep didn't know.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #132
richfei
richfei began at the beginning.

Device: 123123
Looks like the item is still on the site, but when you try and add to the cart, there's no availability. Hopefully they're going to come through and at least honor the original request or provide new 505s

Btw, I don't have access to the original mailing, but did it indicate that the offer was only available whilst stocks last or where there no preconditions ?
richfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #133
JoeC
Addict

This is what I have (sorry about weird formatting):
For a limited time, when you apply and are
approved for the Sony Card, you’re eligible to
get the sony Reader, valued at s299.99 for
only sa9l95 That’s a savings of $25o!
PLus, get 1o0 CONNECTmM eBooks Classics titles
(a $199 value) with purchase and registration of the
Reader from Sony between 8/o4/2oo7 and 9/3o/2oo7* a4
w— with the Sony Card you can earn up to 5 Sony Rewards
APPLy NO Points per $1 spent. You also get a low introductory APR.
no annual fee and full Platinum visa® benefits4
Sony
Old 10-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #134
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Here's the link to the offer which "expired" September 30.

I've attached an image of this link with the terms of the offer being shown. It doesn't seem to have a "while supplies last" clause, so hopefully Sony will make good on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony Reader offer.png
Views:	274
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	6143  
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #135
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
The only offer I've seen for the $50/$60 Sony CC Reader deal said that you had to order the Reader by Sept. 30. If anyone tried ordering earlier but it was out of stock, then I think they'll make good on the offer. But if people are trying to order it now (after Sept. 30), they may not honor the attempt. Unless someone has an offer which allows you to order the Reader at this price after Sept. 30. I've not seen that anywhere.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote