Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #91
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
saergey, this looks really really good!
I will the request for dictionary support, and also add a plea for annotations: I loved pbko's selections in the pocketbook version.
I presume this is kind of hard, though...

Anyhow, thanks a lot for your generosity, this is a great programme!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #92
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I swear to the powers above that I had tried that to no avail
Thanks Ken, that was exactly it!
In "Settings" under the "Window" tab there is a "Startup" option that you can set to:
"Recent book"
"Recent books list"
"Open file"
"Do nothing"

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #93
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
In "Settings" under the "Window" tab there is a "Startup" option that you can set to:
"Recent book"
"Recent books list"
"Open file"
"Do nothing"

Luck;
Ken
thanks Ken, I did find it.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #94
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
@Sergey, is there something wrong with 1.2.6.4? Or just a glitch on your website? the web page now points to the older 1.2.6.3 version, though I can edit the url and still download v1.2.6.4.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:00 AM   #95
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
@Sergey, is there something wrong with 1.2.6.4? Or just a glitch on your website? the web page now points to the older 1.2.6.3 version, though I can edit the url and still download v1.2.6.4.
No, I've just forgotten to update the link. Thanks, fixed.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #96
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
You may choose either 1.2.6.4 or even newer 1.2.6.5 if you go there:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9xqopxa4y...WEBVJUB/builds

Expect the future versions there too.

- Implemented the first version of sleep mode.
No support for sleep cover yet, but the time interval (in KoboLauncher settings) and power button supported. The sleep mode displays picture sleep.png (you can replace with your own) but it not always shows up yet even when the sleep mode is on - I haven't seen it even once.
Also not sure what the values of the time interval mean, because with the default value 10 the sleep mode switched on in less than a minute.

- Changes with handling of the light.
Not everybody calls those changes an improvement, especially the light power level now in KoboLaurcher settings.
I never use that light (I have a clip-on instead) so as long as it stays off, I am happy.

- Margins increased to 300.
Now that I had an opportunity to test them, turns out 300 is a bit too much for me on Aura HD (in landscape):
300 - 8 cm text width
250 - 9 cm text width
200 - 10 cm text width (almost)
150 - 11 cm text width (almost)

200 is enough but values around 150 are most pleasant with Amasis 30 @32.
On 6" screen, 10 cm text is perfect, on Aura HD - 11 cm feels better. But 12 cm (as with margin values 100) - is very unpleasant.

Anyway, there are issues with the margins after restarting CR and after switching Aura HD off - in both those cases actual margins are different (differently different) although values remain the same.

Last edited by parkher; 10-08-2013 at 07:58 PM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #97
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
The sleep mode displays picture sleep.png (you can replace with your own) but it not always shows up yet even when the sleep mode is on - I haven't seen it even once.
If you push the power button very slowly twice, you'll see the sleep.png. Push the power button again to wake the device. Automatic sleep mode does not show the sleep.png.

I installed the 1.2.6.5 version, but experienced some troubles. After applying the KoboRoot.tgz the device restarted with the language selection and wanted me to do a setup. Neither WLAN nor the setup with the Kobo Desktop worked here. After copying a backup of my KoboReader.sqlite into the .kobo directory, I was able to restart the device.

So be careful here!

Frontlight does not work anymore from within CoolReader, so I think I go back to version 1.2.6.4 and wait for the next official version.

Last edited by trekk; 10-09-2013 at 02:53 PM.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #98
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

trekk,
quite the opposite with my Aura HD - I now saw the sleep picture finally - when it switched to the sleep mode on timer. But never with the power button. With power button the touch screen stops working and that is all.

I did the full re-install (deleting completely KoboLauncher first). Everything was working as normal, no setup required.

As to the frontlight, I understand that its level can be set/changed in KoboLaucher settings now.
But I never use the light so I did not even try it. As long as it is off, it is working for me.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #99
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
trekk,
quite the opposite with my Aura HD - I now saw the sleep picture finally - when it switched to the sleep mode on timer. But never with the power button. With power button the touch screen stops working and that is all.
Hey parkher,

I'm still experimenting with this build, but I only get the sleep.png when I slowly push the Power button twice, never when the device goes to sleep mode on timer.

I also did a full reinstall...

I will do some more testing tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #100
trekk
Terraner

I reinstalled and I did some quick testing now. This time my Aura HD had no problem rebooting.

Somehow I missed, that the frontlight must be set in the launcher settings. I was irritated, because of the "front light" entry in the CR menu, which has no effect, when I tap it.

When I set the value in the settings menu and then push the light button, it is working as it should! Very nice! Suspend is working, but the sleep.png does not show up.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #101
parkher
Evangelist

Metazoa made some fixes and improvements in the shell scripts of KoboLauncher and usbnet. For version 1.2.6.4. KoboLauncher.sh is not identical for 1.2.6.5, better to investigate differences first.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #102
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I went to the dropbox page - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9xqopxa4y...WEBVJUB/builds and found that there was also a version 1.2.2.6, which I installed and appears to work well.

EDIT: Hmmm. Spoke too soon, after suspending, then waking up it exited, and I had to reset, then started CR again, and the same thing happened again.

Last edited by jlynton; 10-10-2013 at 01:46 PM.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #103
parkher
Evangelist

Really?
Seems to be working fine. On Aura HD, not Glo, though.

in 1.2.2.6:
- fixed margins, now really working
- white screen when entering the sleep mode (actually, three horizontal bars instead: text, black, white)
- frontlight is switched off when entering the sleep mode, switched on again (if it was on) on wake up (not tested by me - I don't use frontlight)
- Metazoa's usbnet fix incorporated
- fixed Russian interface (not tested by me)

- the bug previously reported by me (1 minute until Aura HD goes to sleep instead of 10 minutes) - still present. You need to change the value in settings at least once to get it working correctly.

Last edited by parkher; 10-10-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #104
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
- the bug previously reported by me (1 minute until Aura HD goes to sleep instead of 10 minutes) - still present. You need to change the value in settings at least once to get it working correctly.
It's the same on Kobo Mini. Fortunately suspend mode activated by power slider works fine.

(Updated Hungarian translation for 1.2.6.6 version: Hungarian.ts, Hungarian.qm)
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #105
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
@ #103

On my glo it was fine, but the sleep screen was different from what you describe, approximately the left third of the screen was black, while the right two-thirds was white. I wonder if this had anything to do with the crashes.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote