Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
i guess i dotn know what to do. I renamed the file to end with .fb2 but that did not work

how do you append?
That should have been enough. Which firmware release to you have? One from 2010?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #32
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
That should have been enough. Which firmware release to you have? One from 2010?

Dale
Hi, dale, thanks for helping me.

I have pocket pro with lbook firmware v2.02UK.100423

if you want me try another one can u post a link and i will put on my sd card and fire it up.

thanks soo much again.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #33
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try the latest Pocket Pro firmware to see how the appending of a .fb2 works. I typically have a file.epub.fb2 name on epub files I want to read with coolreader. The buggins releases also work that way I believe.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #34
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
i tried that now. I can rename it but the computer always adds an epub at the end of the book name.

when i look at details it will show.

name.fb2.epub

otherwise without detail of file it appears file is name.fb2

oh shucks.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #35
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
i tried that now. I can rename it but the computer always adds an epub at the end of the book name.

name.fb2.epub

oh shucks.
The LBook firmware will use CoolReader to open up renamed files. You need to do the rename in details view, where you can see the extension. It sounds like your computer is automatically retaining epub as the file type. I was hoping it was possible to use the long press to open an ePub with CoolReader because most of my books are currently ePubs.

You could use a renaming program, like Rename Master, to change the extension or use something like Calibre to convert the file.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

name.fb2.epub

oh shucks.
By default, Windows (Vista and Ubuntu Linux treats them as 2 parts, but they show)does not show the file extension. If you add ".fb2" there, you get the results you see.

You need to change the settings for windows explorer or use a command prompt to Add .FB2 to the existing extension.

The Explorer setting to change is: on the Tools | Folder Options : View Tab
un-tick "Hide extensions for known typed" Remember, you are now responsible for keeping the extension intact on a re-name
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #37
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Explorer setting to change is: on the Tools | Folder Options : View Tab
un-tick "Hide extensions for known typed" Remember, you are now responsible for keeping the extension intact on a re-name
Exactly how it should be. Windows will warn you when you rename an extension but will let you do it. Sometimes Windows can be too smart for its own good and gets in the way. I always want to see the extension. Some viruses can take advantage of the fact that by default windows hides the last extension and infect your machine.

Dale