Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
asm help needed

I purchased SOME books from the sony library and am tired of their software. I am very confused on how to use ADE to convert the books so that i can archive them with calibre. I do not see any .asm files on my computer. I ran a search for them on my entire hard drive and couldnt find them. My digital editions folder doesnt have them.

I activated my ADE and authorized my reader with ADE. I am currently using ADE to push my DRM protected sony books to my reader and it works fine. I can view them on my reader and through the ADE without error. The one thing that ADE isnt allowing me to do is catagorize the books on the memory stick. So I would like to be able to convert them to the format that calibre can use.

From the several threads I read on this site covering this issue I understand I need the ASM files. Is there something I need to do while downloading them from the sony site that I didnt do prior because I didnt use ADE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
You don't need to convert your books to put them on calibre. Just find where they are and add them to your calibre library. It can read epub just fine. ADE doesn't "convert" anyway.

You don't need the acsm files, these were only needed to download the books, and are now probably deleted. You need the epub files. Did you download them through the sony software or ADE? They probably use different folders to store the books. I don't know where sony's is, but a simple search for epub should find it.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I downloaded them from sony. I went to the directory they were located in and created a backup library for them and also moved them to an ADE folder I created. Too bad I cannot use Calibre to view them also.

On the bright side most of the books I purchased there were 99 cent classics so I can hunt for the free, well put together free versions.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

So what was the folder the sony software stored them in, for future reference?

Calibre cannot view them because of drm. It can organize them and transfer them to your reader though.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned

:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Books\Reader Library
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
omk3
Wizard

Thanks!
I'll post it in the sony guide thread for anyone else who might be looking for it.

Tags
a happy_terd production