Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
wklee
wklee began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I really need "Reflash from CF" package. mm

Hi Everybody!

I need "Reflash from CF" package upgently. Because I have to modify source of iLiad. I heard that iRex provided a few developers and users with that.
I've tried to get that, but I've had not response from iRex yet.
Anybody in this forum, if you have "Reflash from CF" package,
could you please send "Reflash from CF" pack?

my email is : ganan123@paran.com

Thanks!

Last edited by wklee; 08-23-2007 at 11:58 PM.
wklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:16 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Get it here: http://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php/developer
But be careful. You might brick your iLiad, when using incorrectly.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2007, 02:48 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As Tribble says, anyone can get it. You request it via the URL he's given you, and then connect to the IDS, and it's downloaded automatically.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:01 AM   #4
wklee

other question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
thanks.
I've get development package from IDS server now.
But, I don't know how to reflash.
In document called by"how-to-reflash/boot from cf", I don't understand next contents.
* ACF card with a FAT Filesystem is needed, which has at least following files and folders:
* config.txt
* images/
* logfile.txt

how can I get this files and folder?
could you please, let me know this?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:06 AM   #5
wklee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Thanks. I've get update package from IDS.
But, I don't understand how-to document about "reflash/boot from CF".
How can I get config.txt, logfile.txt and image/ ( this include zImage.gz, initrd,gz and app.image.gz? )?
Advert
Old 08-24-2007, 05:43 AM   #6
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
You can download the file-structure for the CF card with the files belonging to the v2.10 release from within your MyiRex account ('Download attachments').

So, log in your myirex account on http://myirex.irexnet.com/

Formatting FAT is just well formatting in e.g windows and indicate use FAT when you inserted a CF card and use default clusersize :-)

I have to warn you. If you are uncomfortable with doing this kind of things, better wait for the reflash option for the general public.
I am not a linux expert. But I love to fiddle and play with PCs and devices. So, I have the reflash only as a lifeline in case one of Adam B. programs does an Ooops. :-) Sofar his programs do everything except bricking the Iliad. :-)
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:54 AM   #7
jimbocho
jimbocho began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
What to do with cf-card-contents.zip?

Okay, I downloaded cf-card-contents.zip from iRex but there aren't any instructions included and my iLiad didn't get any instructions from iDS either. What do you do with cf-card-contents.zip? Do you just extract the full contents onto a FAT formatted CF card and put the card in and reboot? I don't have a need for this yet but I want to be prepared just in case the need should arrive..

thank you,
-Jim
jimbocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:13 AM   #8
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
This: http://developer.irexnet.com/dev_fil...%20howto_0.pdf

Should give all the information you need.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #9
catter
catter began at the beginning.

Device: N800
Hello everybody,

is anyone so kind and could upload the "Reflash from CF" somewhere (perhaps anonymously?) I don't have an iliad available here...

Many thanks..
catter is offline   Reply With Quote