Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Where does a book go when I put it on my iPhone?

I was thrilled to see that Calibre will send an epub to my iPhone, but when I sent such a book across, Calibre confirmed it was in the Main memory of the phone. However, danged if I can find it with Stanza. Is there a way to direct it to the appropriate folder on the iPhone, or is there a way to direct Stanza to look for an epub file in the Main memory?

(Or alternatively, is there another app than Stanza that I can use for this purpose?)

Thanks!
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre can only send books to iBooks on iOS devices via iTunes (iBooks is a free download from the app store as long as you are running iOS 3.2 or later). If you want to use them with Stanza you have to use one of the manual transfer methods supported by Stanza instead of the automated Calibrs transfer methods.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
For my iphone i use Goodreader and load my books on via dropbox, not too sure if Stanza supports dropbox or not.
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Calibre can only send books to iBooks on iOS devices via iTunes .
Well, that explains why it resolved itself the way it did! I happened to open the iBooks app a bit later, and bingo! The book I had transferred was sitting there on Mr Jobs's faux wooden bookshelves with those I'd actually downloaded from his iBookstore.

Thanks, all.
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
This problem remains.

It is even more frustrating (?) given the advice in the latest Calibre update which explains the preferred method of sending books to the iPhone - but it carries no explanation of how Stanza is to access the iPhone's main memory.

See Calibre 'What's New' notes release 7.53 http://calibre-ebook.com/whats-new

See forum post for the method I mentioned - it goes into quite some detail.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127883

and

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118559

Any suggestions gratefully received - I'm sure there must be olthers out there who need a solution to this problem.

NOTE: As this partic;ar thread is quite old, I will also post a new question with this same content.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:04 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
NOTE: As this partic;ar thread is quite old, I will also post a new question with this same content.
Moderator Notice
If you feel you absolutely have to resurrect an old thread, then don't go on to open a new one on the same topic. You should have opened the new one in the first place.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote