Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
calibre2opds won't open

I'm getting a java error when opening this. I've got Java installed on my system, and would really like to check out how to browse the library with the softrooted nook, but I'm stuck on this step here.

Any help would be appreciated!!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Can you provide a bit more information:
- Did the Installer run OK?
- What OS and version are you using
- What version of Java is installed
- What is the actual error message
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, here is the answers to the questions.

1.) Yes, the installer ran okay
2.) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
3.) Java Version 6 Update 21
4.) "Windows cannot find "javaw". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

Is there a different version of Java that isn't linked to the browser?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard

EDIT: Okay, apparently, the Path wasn't set in the Environemtnal Variables, so I put the path in there and it opened up.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
movanet
movanet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
same problem, which path?

hi, I am experiencing the same problem. could you show me how to add the path? I am using Vista 64
movanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I do not use Vista 64, but the procedure documented in the Common Problems section in the Calibre2opds documentation should work - but check the exact path to the Java binaries as it could be slightly different on Vista64 from the example given.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote