Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
fionvarre
fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Pocketbook 360, Nook Simple Touch
Rooted Nook ST using NookManager, Can I use the same MicroSD card for file storage?

Hi! I used a class 4 32 GB TDK micro SD card to root a secondhand Nook ST that I just bought. The rooting was successfull from all appearances, but now I'd like to use the same SD card to store my sideloaded ebooks as well.

When I plug the Nook onto my PC though, the PC only detects two drives, "Nook" and "NookManager" rather than the SD card. The Nook partition is 250 mb, the Nook Manager is a rather smaller 62 mb. I guess these partitions were created during the rooting process? So my question now is, how do I get my PC to recognize the remaining 30 gb as free storage? Do I need to use an app to re-partition the card? And if yes, how do I ensure that the data on the card is backed up properly?

Sorry for the idiotic question BTW. I'm sure this question must have been asked before, but what I'm not sure about is if the people who'd asked were using NookManager to do the root. Anyway, I've been lurking here for a while without registering, so I do know that it's best to backread and do a search first before asking.
fionvarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
I think you'd be better of asking your question over at the XDA NST Nook Manager thread.

In so far as backing up the data on your SDcard, you can use a disk image read/write program such as win32diskimager to read and save the current image of your card.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert