Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
[Android App] Cannot view read/not read on CC....Help!

I have created a lookup/search column on Calibre called "Read" with a yes/no outcome which works great!. How do I see this on my tablet with CC?
I have tried creating a custom category called #Read under "Group" on CC and then syncing with Calibre - this does not work. I do not understand how CC user categories work. I have read the FAQ and still dont get it When I click on #Read under group in CC it says By #Read (0 items) Search not active.
I have also tried to get my custom column in calibre (Genre) to show in CC.
Please explain how to do the above and how user categories in CC works. Thanks
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
First, I don't think you want to use user categories. These provide sony-like collections, which are rarely needed in CC. Instead you create groups based on custom columns. It sounds like creating groups is what you tried to do.

Regarding grouping on custom columns: can you see the columns in book details? I assume you can.

To group on a custom column, the lookup key you enter in CC must be identical to the key used in calibre, including letter case. Your examples can't be right because they contain capital letters, which lookup keys never have. The easiest way to see the exact spelling of a lookup key is to hover your mouse pointer over the column heading in calibre. A popup window will be displayed containing the lookup name. Enter that name into CC exactly as displayed in calibre. If you want to enter more than one lookup key into CC, separate them with comma (e.g., #aa, #read, #genre). Press OK, CC will rebuild its database, and then grouping on those keys should work.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2012, 04:54 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
I have tried creating a custom category called #Read under "Group" on CC and then syncing with Calibre - this does not work. I do not understand how CC user categories work. I have read the FAQ and still dont get it When I click on #Read under group in CC it says By #Read (0 items) Search not active.
It sounds like you did it right. The only problem is you used #Read not #read. All lookup/search names are all lowercase. If you do it correctly you will see something like what I attached. The first page breaks up into two areas basically no (<<>>) and Yes. Clicking on Yes will show you the books read. You will also see the green check indicting Read on the Book Details page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
I have also tried to get my custom column in calibre (Genre) to show in CC.
You do this the same way you do the custom category of #read just add both
Code:
#read, #genre
under the custom categories setup, see attached. Notice all lowercase letters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-28 04.06.03.png
Views:	308
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	95058   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-28 04.06.18.png
Views:	318
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	95059   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-28 04.59.48.png
Views:	317
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	95063   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-28 04.53.14.png
Views:	309
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	95064   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-28 04.58.13.png
Views:	278
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	95065  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-28-2012 at 05:02 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #4
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thankyou so much, both of you....it worked!
I love this program!
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote