Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Nicki Justice
Nicki Lynn Justice
Nicki Justice began at the beginning.

Device: none
Only 99 cents: Black & White (romantic suspense) and The Oracle (Young Adult) Post #7

I just posted over in the introductions section. But this thread looks interesting too! My name is Nicki Lynn Justice, and I am a newbie author and e-book reader. I just posted my first novel, Black & White, on Amazon Kindle (Jan1) and Smashwords (Jan 3). It's on sale right now for a special introductory price of $0.99. It's a romantic suspense, about a corporate attorney who finds herself on the wrong side of the law after she is framed for drug dealing. In order to extricate herself from the web of deceit that has been spun around her, she has to step outside her office and take a walk on the wild side!
Nicki Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
How about an epub version. My reader can't take the amazon version, its not a kindle.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Here's the link to the Smashwords page--all the usual formats! And BTW, hi Nicki and welcome!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35883
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I only dropped in on this thread at all to see if it needed to be reported for moving (for some reason, this forum attracts topics that really belong in other forums). You should consider asking a mod to change the title to something other than "Hey!" because, basically, not a whole lot of people are going to be looking for a book here.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
Nicki Justice
Nicki Lynn Justice

Thanks for the welcome, and for the pointers. Now I will find a moderator!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
"Report" your own post (the little ! on the left, right next to karma) and you'll get a form with a box for information about the report. Put in there that you need the thread title changed, and what you want it changed to. Mention of the book title is important, of course, and available formats will also help a lot with sales.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
Nicki Justice
Nicki Lynn Justice

Only 99 cents: Black & White (romantic suspense) and The Oracle (Young Adult)

I am an indie, and I have two ebooks posted on Amazon. Here they are:

1. THE ORACLE, the first book in NINE LIVES, my new YA Futuristic Fantasy series, is now live. Just click on http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FGAQ12.

THE NINE LIVES SERIES:

THE NINE LIVES SERIES, of which THE ORACLE is the first book, is the story of an average teen girl who takes a cosmic leap from 21st century Earth to a backwards 26th century prison planet, where it is common knowledge that Earth no longer exists. Can Marina, who needs to figure out not only who she is but who she isn't, prevent Earth from sliding into a barren, cold non-existence? She going to give it all she's got, but to do that she needs some help. She turns to Brahmin, who, in her words, is "awfully built jail-bait", and her friends and family, to stage the greatest battle the universe has ever known!

Combine the romantic suspense element of Twilight and the other-wordly elements of Avatar within the framework of the global warming debate, and you have a summer read that makes everyday seem like a beach day.

Here's the blurb for THE ORACLE:

Everyone has bad hair days, and Marina is no exception. What she doesn't understand is why her bad hair days are always the worst ever! An accidental journey to a world far in the future because of her grandpa's psycho cat pretty much makes her day not only the worst ever, but wins the title of most bizarre day ever.

In the chaos that ensues as she tries to find her way home, Marina embarks on a quest to find and rescue the mother that she never knew. In order to do so, she needs to learn a valuable life lesson. Not only must she accept who she is, she must come to terms with who she isn't.

This story targets young adult readers, and deals with the personal responsibility we all have for the "Green" movement and taking care of our planet, while tackling the often-sticky issue of the need for young people today to take school seriously and pursue education as a way to make a difference in the fate of this world.

2. BLACK & WHITE is a fast-paced exciting romantic suspense/legal thriller (think rendezvous between the Canuck version of John Grisham and Gemma Halliday).

Blurb:
Jillian Kendall, Centurotech’s corporate attorney, hopes that the strange events which have been turning her formerly peaceful life upside-down since she arrived in Calgary, Alberta, are a product of her over-active imagination. But as she implements the merger between Centurotech and Hunter Electronics, she is drawn into the web of deceit that has been spun around her. There is only one way out, and it involves asking Code Hunter, founder of Hunter Electronics and childhood friend, for help. The problem is that Jillian is not certain that he can be trusted. And he is just as wary of her!
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35883
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HO63UG

Thanks,
Nicki Lynn Justice
Old 09-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
Nicki Justice
Nicki Lynn Justice

Hey all you E-Reader Fans:

Summer is almost over...BOOO! But, the good thing is that Fall is just around the corner... YAY! Which means the weather will become a little more constant, the leaves will be really pretty, and some kind of a schedule will loom on the horizon. Which just might mean a little more time to read for some of us.

Here are descriptions of my two books, which are on sale for 99 cents and might just give you the push you need to "fall back" into reading (hee hee):

The Oracle:

An accidental journey to a world far in the future because of 17 year old Marina's grandpa's psycho cat pretty much makes her day not only the worst, but wins the title of most bizarre day ever.

Black & White:

Legal beagle Jillian Kendal's legal knowledge and survival skills are put to the test when she starts a new job and stumbles upon a "Get Jillian" conspiracy theory (think rendezvous between the Canuck version of John Grisham and Gemma Halliday).

Also, I super-duper surprised, in the best way possible, when I was surfin' the Goodreads page and came across my very first review of The Oracle on Goodreads!!!!

So here's what Carlee C. had to say:

"Really loved this book! I thought the writing style of Nicki Lynn was amazing and that she made the main character very relatable. The main male character was very different which made me love him that much more! Very creative "other world". All in all I thought it was a great YA book."

She went on to give it 5 Stars!

(Just a note: The 99 cents promotional price on Black & White will end on Sept 1, and the price will go up to $2.99.)

H.E.A.'s Forever,
Nicki Lynn Justice