Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
marcel06
marcel06 began at the beginning.

Device: DR-1000
Smile Use of the Wacom pen and touch screen to control a PC?

Hi,

Sorry if this question is a classic. I could not find it in the forum so my apologies if it is a duplicate...

DR1000 devices come with a Wacom pen and touchscreen. It would be nice to turn our devices in pen tablets to control Windows applications.

Is it possible? Where should I find the solution?

Many thanks,
marcel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, marcel06

Help should arrive shortly........in the meantime please consider using the link below to 'introduce' yourself.

Lots to do and learn here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Something similar was done on the iLiad, not sure if anybody has figured it out for a DR yet.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15144
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
marcel06

Thank you but nothing for the DR1000?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:00 AM   #5
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
and nothing for DR800 also
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
I'm a bit out of my territory here but I'll throw out a comment. I use a Wacom tablet and pen for digital editing in Photoshop and Painter. The Wacom 'system' requires both a pen (sender) and a tablet (receiver) of some sort. Touch screens may be able to read the pen as a sender as well (no experience with those). But it also requires drivers to interface between the pen and the receiving device. Wacom builds those drivers for its various tablets, but I would expect that non-Wacom manufacturers would have to provide their own, and if the Wacom pen is not a common input device, they would have little incentive to do so.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #7
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
could usbnet be used with socat
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
marcel06

Well, I agree with some comments above but using a reader as tablet had been done for other readers like the Iliad so I am not sure why it could not be done with DR1000 devices... This remains a request on my side...
Old 11-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
marcel06

Fyi: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...84#post1230284

Tags
dr1000, pen, tablets, touch screen