Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
nomad
nomad began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
EZ Reader Pocket Pro - bookmarks

Hi,

I do have problem with bookmarks while reading pdf files on EZ Reader.

I can add a new bookmark (pressing 6), I can see my bookmarks (pressing 6 a bit longer) but when I leave the book and open it again no bookmarks are available. Anyone else having such issue ? Some other books I have - not pdf - works ok and bookmarks are saved.

I do have the last fw (2009-09-10)

Thank you and regards,

Michal
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
Hi,

I do have problem with bookmarks while reading pdf files on EZ Reader.

I can add a new bookmark (pressing 6), I can see my bookmarks (pressing 6 a bit longer) but when I leave the book and open it again no bookmarks are available. Anyone else having such issue ? Some other books I have - not pdf - works ok and bookmarks are saved.

I do have the last fw (2009-09-10)

Thank you and regards,

Michal
I havie the same problem with my EZ-Reader Basic (waiting for my replacement Pro), so I think it may be a firmware issue.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I havie the same problem with my EZ-Reader Basic (waiting for my replacement Pro), so I think it may be a firmware issue.
Yep. It's a bug I guess. I did look into it and it's about spaces in names. I do have folder "My eBooks" and it fails to save boomark - it for some reason creates directory
"My". I did remove spaces form folder and ebook names and works ok. But it is a bug anyway :/

Regards,

Michal
Old 10-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
nomad

I did send a mail to support at astak dot com
Old 10-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I use PDFs that I create myself. My booksmarks work fine. They stay through tuning off and back. In fact I had to ask Astak how to delete the bookmarks because I wasn't able to delete them after I created them.

They researched and provided the answer in the FAQ on EZ Reader site.

Basically, if you HOLD the number button down for the bookmark in the bookmark listing screen you delete it. You're not by chance holding the buttons too long are you?

Good luck.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I use PDFs that I create myself. My booksmarks work fine. They stay through tuning off and back. In fact I had to ask Astak how to delete the bookmarks because I wasn't able to delete them after I created them.

They researched and provided the answer in the FAQ on EZ Reader site.

Basically, if you HOLD the number button down for the bookmark in the bookmark listing screen you delete it. You're not by chance holding the buttons too long are you?

Good luck.

AJ
No.... The bookmarks are there as long as you do not exit the book. Once you do and go back they are gone.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No.... The bookmarks are there as long as you do not exit the book. Once you do and go back they are gone.

It must be something to do with how the pdf is created. My pdf's are created from my WordPerfect wordprocessor. My bookmarks stay even if I turn the PEZ off.

Caveat: I do NOT use Digital Editions, I do NOT even have it on my computer.

Also, in pulishing my pdfs, there were lots of settings to consider.

My suggestion is look to your creator the pdf's. They do work fine on my PEZ.

good luck..

AJ
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #8
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
Yep. It's a bug I guess. I did look into it and it's about spaces in names. I do have folder "My eBooks" and it fails to save boomark - it for some reason creates directory
"My". I did remove spaces form folder and ebook names and works ok. But it is a bug anyway :/

Regards,

Michal

All my pdf files are in folders that are made up of one word. I think I'll try a two word folder and see.

AJ
Old 10-09-2009, 01:43 AM   #9
nomad

Answer from Astak:

Hi, Michal

A customer reported the same situation a few days ago. We also had done several tests. The directories you created will affect the bookmark function. Book title has nothing to do with this issue. Our engineering team is currently working on this issue now. So please do not use and special characters and space in folder names.

Thank you,
Elliott
Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, that bug is in the Mini firmware as well. As I use author names as folder names, I have plenty of spaces...

Oh well, no bookmarks for me then.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
Musicman
Evangelist

Quote:
It must be something to do with how the pdf is created. My pdf's are created from my WordPerfect wordprocessor. My bookmarks stay even if I turn the PEZ off.

Caveat: I do NOT use Digital Editions, I do NOT even have it on my computer.

Also, in pulishing my pdfs, there were lots of settings to consider.

My suggestion is look to your creator the pdf's. They do work fine on my PEZ.

good luck..

AJ

The PDF's are ADE - These are Library Books I am reading.

I think I will try taking spaces out of the folder name as suggested and see if that works.

Thanks..
Old 10-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #12
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, that bug is in the Mini firmware as well. As I use author names as folder names, I have plenty of spaces...

Oh well, no bookmarks for me then.
I use just the author's last name for my folders.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
Musicman
Evangelist

Quote:
I use just the author's last name for my folders.
I took the spaces out of my folder name on my EZ-Reader (still no e-mail that Astak shipped my replacement) and the bookmarks work with ADE.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
Musicman
Evangelist

Just got a reply from Amy.

My replacement Pocket Pro was shipped Oct 7 - it is now in Reno and I should have it by the lucky 13th!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #15
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
The bookmarks are there as long as you do not exit the book. Once you do and go back they are gone.
The bookmarks disappear from epub after going out of the book too.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote