Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #196
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
How is the procedure to integrate the physkeyb pls?
THX
It's just both hacks installers merged. See the sources here:
https://code.google.com/p/kindle-cs/...loc_hack%2Fsrc

Last edited by dsmid; 11-07-2012 at 09:33 AM.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #197
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
@dsmid:
THX for your replies and the efforts to support!

Concerning the shop, I expected this and my assumptions went in the same direction already months ago. Seems we would need the file which is directing the shop to the "proper" web-site. I was not successful in finding it, I did it for google and wikipedia, but this ???

The problem with parental control could be caused by my version due to the fact, that I just modify my work for the former firmwares. Even if I try to get missing parts in, something is always missing somewhere in 3.4. In most cases the result simply is, that there is no translation at all, for this case, there must be something else.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #198
danan72
danan72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW2
Quote:
How is the procedure to integrate the physkeyb pls?
  1. You must edit install.sh like this
  2. Edit uninstall.sh like this
  3. When you create update_loc_*_install.bin, then you must add files physkeyb.jar, keyboard.txt and keyboard_european.txt downloaded from here

Quote:
And does Parental Control work properly in the polish version?
I'm sorry. I don't check it. My Kindle with firmware 3.4 is unregistered (I can't register it!) and Parental Control is unavailable.
danan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #199
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Mille grazie, gracias, thanks, merci ...., I don't know in polish, sorry ;-)
Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #200
danan72

Quote:
Mille grazie, gracias, thanks, merci ...., I don't know in polish, sorry ;-)
dziekuje ;-)

You welcome

Quote:
we would need the file which is directing (...) to the "proper" web-site.
(...)
I did it for google and wikipedia
Really? Where are the files?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #201
diba
Addict

I have to do some research. Modofied it months ago. The one thing is "translating" the bookmarks, the other thing is the search. I modified these via ssh. Give me some time, I come back with my fiindings.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #202
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

danan, did you know that the new physkeyb has a temporary off/on switch ?
Just type .q sequence in any input field.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #203
diba
Addict

@dsmid: why are 2 keyboard.txt in your version? What is the k...-european.txt good for? Changed the keyboard.txt and everythings fine ...

@danan72: here is the thread describing at least a part, if you go through the file, you will see, what is to be modified for wiki ... for me it was just replacing the .com by .de
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104386
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #204
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
Another request, what I could not solve for my former versions is the shop. It remains english and I had no clue in 3.3 how to localize. Have you done this for 3.4? Could actually not find how to translate shop pages.
I did a little inquiry and I think I know how to translate the store. The question is, if it's worth the effort.

Basic store definition (URI and such) is here: /opt/amazon/ebook/config/marketplace.json

Other interesting variables are here: /opt/amazon/ebook/prefs/xyml_prefs

But the most interesting fact is, that Kindle caches every shop page (XML file) in /tmp/apps/xyml_cache/www.amazon.com_*.xml files.
There are all the phrases. If a daemon would watch this dir and translate any untranslated file with sed, the shop would appear localized on the next visit.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:21 AM   #205
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
@dsmid: why are 2 keyboard.txt in your version? What is the k...-european.txt good for? Changed the keyboard.txt and everythings fine ...
physkeyb was invented by Sir Alex and it was intended to be used for Russian cyrillic alphabet. Therefore the English and Russian layouts were simply switched by pressing Shift-Space. The layout from keyboard.txt was used after the switch.
But this mode is not useful for languages that use latin alphabet like Czech or Polish or even German, because typing texts requires switching the layouts all the time.
Therefore Sir Alex added a new feature configured by keyboard-european.txt. This layout enables typing additional characters by double-pressing keys, e.g. pressing key A twice would type ä, if it is defined so. Using keyboard-european.txt disables the switching mode.
I implemented a timeout feature later to define for how many miliseconds it should wait for the second press before giving up (otherwise you won't be able to type "Kanaan" - it would always give you Kanän).

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119969
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 AM   #206
danan72

Quote:
@danan72: here is the thread describing at least a part, if you go through the file, you will see, what is to be modified for wiki ... for me it was just replacing the .com by .de
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104386
Yes, it works for version 3.3, but I'm afraid that was disabled in 3.4 (file /opt/amazon/ebook/prefs/search_prefs no longer exists).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
danan, did you know that the new physkeyb has a temporary off/on switch ?
Just type .q sequence in any input field.
Yes, I know. I read the article on eboocek.cz (our languages ​​are very similar ). Thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #207
diba
Addict

@danan72: have not checked this, then I have no solution, but assume, Amazon has simply hidden this file somewhere else in 3.4, just to getting us annoyed.

@dsmid:
- concerning effort for the shop, a clear no from my side, I have no use for it, would just be for having a real completely localized K3
- physkeyb: I only have modified keyboard.txt, no changes in keyboard-european.txt, but for me the double click works fine with my "Umlaute" as I configured, so no switch necessary. Before there was only the config.txt, only one file as well. I used phsykeyb before as well and its one of the most useful hacks for typing in german.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #208
juco
Enthusiast
juco is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm m105, Kindle KB
diba, how do you install "Umlaute" (I have v.08) on a KK/K3 with Firmware 3.4 and your German localization v0.95d? On my Kindle, Umlaute can't be installed again since the update line is greyed out in the menu...

Thanks,
Ralph
juco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #209
diba
Addict

You need dsmid's version for 3.4, you find it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=39

and just modify keyboard.txt after installation in similar way as the config.txt before.
I will include this in the next update for de-loc, at least I try ;-)
Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #210
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
- physkeyb: I only have modified keyboard.txt, no changes in keyboard-european.txt, but for me the double click works fine with my "Umlaute" as I configured, so no switch necessary. Before there was only the config.txt, only one file as well. I used phsykeyb before as well and its one of the most useful hacks for typing in german.
If you have config.txt then you are using Sir Alex' newest version (0.08). This version does not work in fw 3.4.
My newest version (3.4.1) does work in fw 3.4 but does not use config.txt and works exactly as described in my previous post (I double-checked the source code).
I wonder what is the contents of your keyboard-european.txt ...

Tags
localization