Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
North19
Enthusiast
North19 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe, pocket eDGe, kindle
Fix for the annoying enter key "l"

I know I'm not the only one who finds I sometimes get an "l" instead of an Enter/Done/Go. Sometimes I can close the keyboard and find a "go" or "save" or "submit" button to click, but sometimes I really need it to work from the keyboard.

I've found that this glitch only happens on the alpha keyboard; if you click over to the numeric screen, the "go/done/enter" magically works again...

At least it does so far for me.

Hope that helps someone else.
North19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
North19
Enthusiast
North19 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe, pocket eDGe, kindle
anyone else have workarounds for this glitch?
North19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
The only time I seem to run into a problem with this is when I use the stock Android browser and the stock Android keyboard. It is pretty annoying. Thanks for the tip.

Here's a better keyboard which doesn't seem to have the problem:

http://www.4shared.com/get/mOjur8x7/...oard_v113.html

For those who can't wait for Gingerbread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=875202

Last edited by obsessed2; 06-08-2011 at 07:14 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
I installed the flex T9 keyboard three swipe indoor is much easier to work with for form posts
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
I noticed this before, and what I also noticed was that it only ever happens when the keyboard has a word suggestion to pick from. Selecting the suggested word or pressing space bar works.
jackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
The only time I seem to run into a problem with this is when I use the stock Android browser and the stock Android keyboard. It is pretty annoying. Thanks for the tip.

Here's a better keyboard which doesn't seem to have the problem:

http://www.4shared.com/get/mOjur8x7/...oard_v113.html
home page and downloads for Hacker's Keyboard http://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote