Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
TheMadZymurgist
TheMadZymurgist began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet 7
Calibre, Nook Tablet 7 and disappearing author first names

I'm currently using calibre to manage my collection of titles downloaded from The Gutenberg project.

When I used calibre to side load these books on to my old Nook Simple Touch, everything worked perfectly.

Now that I've started using a Nook Table 7 for some reading, something very weird is going on. The books arrive on the directories on the device and appear in the library screen. But when viewing the books, the author's first name appears as the word 'null' ('null Twain' instead of 'Mark Twain', 'null Shaw' instead of 'George Shaw', etc).

If I do a search for an author's last name, the 'auto complete' feature will pop up candidate names and show's both first and last name correctly, so the names are on the device somewhere. They're just not displaying correctly.

I'm asking the same question in the nook support forums hosted by B&N, but given their stunning lack of customer service in the past, I don't have much hope they'll have a fix for this.

Has anybody seen this before? Have any ideas of anything I might adjust in Calibre or the Nook Tablet 7 to make it work properly?
TheMadZymurgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #2
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
I feel your pain. My tablet 7 and Glowlight Plus both do that, sometimes to the last name also, so instead of Mark Twain I can get Mark null and null Twain, and yes, some authors have the null in one place for some books, and in the other place for other books. Have you have the disappearing/reappearing covers yet? I have that on both devices also.
I quit calling B&N support when they told me I could not sideload to my GLP when the device manual says that I could.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote