Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #3346
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody_important View Post
StoriesOnline downloader seems to be having issues. The series/universe info is getting put into the comments field, and the comments aren't getting added anymore.
The problem was a change in the URL used for series and universes. There was also a change in the heading of the universe page. Attached is a version that fixes this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FanFictionDownLoader.zip (795.7 KB, 201 views)
Old 09-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #3347
85eren
85eren began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Hi
I was wondering if I can get a story from AO3 and have the pictures within the text included in the epub/mobi, so they are shown when I read the story on my kindle.

I have only been able to get the text not the pictures.

Thank you.

Example of story with pictures in the text: http://archiveofourown.org/works/389161/chapters/638044
Advert
Old 09-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #3348
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85eren View Post
I was wondering if I can get a story from AO3 and have the pictures within the text included in the epub/mobi, so they are shown when I read the story on my kindle.
You have to download to epub format and turn on the save images option(s). The easy way is with the check box shown in FFDL config. There's an FAQ that explains in more detail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	242
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	128714  
Old 09-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #3349
Nobody_important
Nobody_important began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The problem was a change in the URL used for series and universes. There was also a change in the heading of the universe page. Attached is a version that fixes this.
Yep, that did it. Thank you very much.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #3350
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Great, thanks. I've pulled out the adapter_storiesonlinenet.py file and committed it to the code base.

It's been a couple weeks and there are some fixes stacked up, so I'll probably release a new version today.
Advert
Old 09-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #3351
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 2.0.5 - 23 Sep 2014
  • Fix for AO3 get story list URLs that already have a '?' in them.
  • Fix for squidge.org/peja using a story URL for 'Site Map'. (Messed up series and series numbers.)
  • Fixes for storiesonline.net site update, from davidfor.
  • Add 'extratags' to AllMetadata so it's available for custom columns.
  • Only support from calibre v1.48.0 and up for plugin.
  • Known problem: Password protected FimFiction.net stories aren't working. FimF changed API access.
  • Known problem: specific metadata 'eroticatags' for literotica.com doesn't work on all stories.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #3352
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Hi JimmXinu

I still get the "fanfiction" tag under tags ... I thought it was to only show up under the specific column I've added? It doesn't matter what story I choose.

example:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/285187
Old 09-27-2014, 02:16 AM   #3353
xvector
xvector began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro (Android - Nexus 5)
Hi, JimmXinu,

I must thank you for making this plugin. You have changed my reading life radically, and I would never be able to read on my e-readers if it wasn't for you and your amazingly featured plugins.

Thank you for tirelessly working on creating this free plugin which is the reason I've read over 50,000 pages of fanfiction for over 450 hours... All because of you! Thank you!
Old 09-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #3354
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvector View Post
Hi, JimmXinu,

I must thank you for making this plugin. You have changed my reading life radically, and I would never be able to read on my e-readers if it wasn't for you and your amazingly featured plugins.

Thank you for tirelessly working on creating this free plugin which is the reason I've read over 50,000 pages of fanfiction for over 450 hours... All because of you! Thank you!
I can only join @xvector in his statement! This plugin is absolutly amazing and helps us fanfiction lovers a lot

And also a big THANK YOU for always giving a fast reply with any question we throw at you

Mini
Old 09-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #3355
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@xvector and @MiniMouse,

Thank you both for your kind words. I'm always glad to hear people appreciate the effort I put in.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #3356
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Test version with update to sheppardweir.com and new sites csi-forensics.com and samandjack.net by scout78.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-03-2014 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 09-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #3357
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Jimm,

how can I prevent the update anthology feature modifying the cover displayed in Calibre?
Old 09-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #3358
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
how can I prevent the update anthology feature modifying the cover displayed in Calibre?
There's an option "Update Calibre Cover when Updating Metadata" in FFDL config. See attached.

It's the same way you prevent FFDL from updating the calibre cover for individual books. There isn't a setting to control it for anthologies only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	224
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	129080  
Old 09-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #3359
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
There's an option "Update Calibre Cover when Updating Metadata" in FFDL config. See attached.
Thanks
Old 10-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #3360
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Can I use the

Quote:
keep_in_order_
on the relationships as well?

and is the following then correct:

Quote:
keep_in_order_relationship:true
I've tried that on the following story, but it doesn't seem to work.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/43414
Closed Thread