Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
tonyt
Enthusiast
tonyt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Upgrading from G4 to iMac

Hi

Can anyone post me PRECISE instructions as to what to do regarding my 505 and eBook library:-

before I ditch my G4 do I need to deregister my 505? Do I need to deregister the eBook lLibrary? If so - HOW???

I am going to to do a clean install on the iMac from a new download of the eBook software.

and after I get my new iMac and do a clean install, do I need to register my 505 and / or eBook Library? If so - HOW???

I gather that I don't need ADE as it is built into the latest eBook Lib software.

All I want to be able to do is buy the odd epub book and get it onto my reader in the simplest way possible!

Many thanks

Tony

Your help would be much appreciated
tonyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Are you using the Sony eBL software? If so, deregister the computer from "My Account".

I would just load up the eBL software from your fresh .dmg file, register the computer, then plug in and drag all your book files across to the iMac from the 505.

All should be fine. If you do find you have a rogue machine under the authorised devices section of my account, rename them to "SONY - please delete me", and email Sony support. They respond very quickly.

Congratulations on your new iMac btw. Did you get the new 27"?!

Good luck
amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
tonyt
Enthusiast
tonyt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Many thanks amjbrown! Does that mean I can ignore ADE altogether? I hope so!!
27" - NO! - I sit too near the screen and when I tried one out my neck got real sore after a while!
Cheers
tonyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
I think you can - should be all accessible through Sony eBL now.
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote