Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
eteagle
eteagle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Kindle 3 questions not answered in manual

When I fetch news with Calibre it sends it to Dropbox accnt and to my Kindle3. These are present in all items view at Home but I notice a new collection called Periodicals containing back copies of fetched news. Calibre is configured to remove news items after a few days and this occurs in Calibre library, in Kindle library but not in the Periodical Collection. Can someone enlighten me on this? Its a pain to manually remove large number of items in Periodicals.

The downloaded items in Periodical collection (Kindle) have a "new" prefix until I read them. Some have an "!". What does this mean.

I have enabled Kindle Collection Mgr plugin in Calibre but get error ASIN whenever I run it.

New to mobiread and any help much appreciated.

Ernie
eteagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by eteagle View Post
The downloaded items in Periodical collection (Kindle) have a "new" prefix until I read them. Some have an "!". What does this mean.
The Kindle only keeps 7 issues of each periodical subscribed from Amazon. The "!" means it will be deleted soon.

I have no idea what it means for periodicals collected by Calibre.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
ggarnier
ggarnier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
If you want a specific issue to not be removed automatically, you can select it and click "keep this issue".
ggarnier is offline   Reply With Quote