Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #16
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
You can add your own dictionaries to the i62. Please check the threads in the Onyx subforum for details.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #17
fishman8
fishman8 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-t3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-9Uhf9ewc

Someone in Taiwan already hacked PRS-T3S, but he does not release the method.
fishman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #18
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman8 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-9Uhf9ewc

Someone in Taiwan already hacked PRS-T3S, but he does not release the method.
Can't quite work that video out. It shows what looks like a rooted T3, but a lot of it's in color.

The video post leads back to a Taiwanese site that talks a lot about customizing the T3 and Kindle. Dunno...

Translation

More:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtMnfqgAaf4

It seems to show the T3 using 3rd party dictionary and translation apps.

Last edited by Rizla; 04-05-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #19
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sony PRS-T3 PRS-T3s ereader jailbreak root and mod by Taiwan CoBe 1st in the world

the jailbreak for PRS-T3 (special model) and PRS-T2 (special model) took me few months (~ Dec 2013), not as easy as expected but finally. it's applied to special model offered by CoBe only. more information and screenshots , test and report will be posted after holiday - Taiwan lunar New Year.

With immediate effect started to accept reservations webmasters special section SONY PRS-T3 (limited)!! Well as special models PRS-T2 & PRS-T1 comprehensive upgrade.
Sounds like he/she is trying to sell it. I'm a little dubious.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #20
ebookread
Enthusiast
ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PRS-T2, PRS-T3
these vids are surely fake, you can tell by the colors and the menues.
ebookread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:57 PM   #21
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookread View Post
these vids are surely fake, you can tell by the colors and the menues.
About the menus, I don't know because I don't own a T3. About the colors, I'd agree, but for recent pictures of a Kobo with linux installed that showed the pictures in color. I don't know why they were in color, but they were legit.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #22
fishman8
fishman8 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-t3s
I think it is not fake, he hacks several e-readers and sells them. I apologize you might fell uncomfortable, just provide an information.
I also want to root in my PRS-T3S, but seems no information anymore.
fishman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #23
radugaif
radugaif began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I'l think that it is not a big problem to rewrite mmcblk2p1 on Sony PRS-T3 ..

Your can use 1.8V ->> 3.3V converter and SD reader,- directly connect do NandSD and root it.. ( Garry make same on T2 reader )

Or make same by changing NandSD on new preRooted .. iy your make money on it..
radugaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #24
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman8 View Post
I think it is not fake, he hacks several e-readers and sells them. I apologize you might fell uncomfortable, just provide an information.
I also want to root in my PRS-T3S, but seems no information anymore.
No one's uncomfortable about it. Just curious and dubious that it's true. Is the producer of the hack reputable? It's hard to judge because it's in Chinese. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me because I already have an e-reader without a front-light, but it's a shame for people that do have a T3 and want to root it.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:37 AM   #25
ebookread
Enthusiast
ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

does anyone think "towelroot" from geohot could root the T3?How would i install apps after rooting? Is it safe to use "towelroot" on T3? I have one with a shitty screen to test on.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:39 PM   #26
Yokowa
Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1 T3
PRS-T3 Rooted

Good news for you guys, t3 has been rooted.

Last edited by Yokowa; 06-26-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Yokowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:16 AM   #27
Rizla
Member Retired

Please provide a link and further information.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #28
McDuck
McDuck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
I can hardly wait until finally being able to use Ankidroid on this reader,keep up the good work!.
McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #29
ebookread
Enthusiast

I hope there's a release soon
Old 06-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #30
Rizla
Member Retired

If the poster doesn't come back, we may never know. Weird just posting an image without info.