Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #31
luksurious
luksurious began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Okay, I got it compiled.
And I was able to use the code of the first version you used (a27b689a7a1b46a28cc18c60df1d72b347801e4c) on my Kobo Glo. However, I needed to add the file framebuffer_configure from your zip file.
The make file did not produce this or did I miss something?

I tried to integrate all of the new changes from the main repo to the port (was a bit of a hassle because much was restructured) but it failed to start at all in the end. (Screen rotate is supposed to work in some way.)

My source version can be found at: https://github.com/luksurious/kindlepdfviewer .
The compiled version is available here (framebuffer_config missing, but doesn't make a difference for starting): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9098054/kin...ithupdates.zip . NOT WORKING! for anyone who did not read the whole post

Is there a way to debug the device to see why the software isn't starting at all?
luksurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #32
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by luksurious View Post
Okay, I got it compiled.
And I was able to use the code of the first version you used (a27b689a7a1b46a28cc18c60df1d72b347801e4c) on my Kobo Glo. However, I needed to add the file framebuffer_configure from your zip file.
The make file did not produce this or did I miss something?

I tried to integrate all of the new changes from the main repo to the port (was a bit of a hassle because much was restructured) but it failed to start at all in the end. (Screen rotate is supposed to work in some way.)

My source version can be found at: https://github.com/luksurious/kindlepdfviewer .
The compiled version is available here (framebuffer_config missing, but doesn't make a difference for starting): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9098054/kin...ithupdates.zip . NOT WORKING! for anyone who did not read the whole post

Is there a way to debug the device to see why the software isn't starting at all?
Yes, framebuffer_configure is just a small binary that sets the framebuffer bpp to 8 instead of 16. The source is somewhere in this forum as well.

To debug it, setup ssh/telnet and start it from there. And if that's not enough try installing gdb (extract a debian package for armel).

Great to see one person more getting started with kobo development .
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #33
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
If you start it without running framebuffer_configure, it starts in 16bpp mode. This is currently not working even if I started writing some code for it, it causes a segmentation fault. The source for framebuffer_configure is in the folder framebuffer_configure :P
I tried to add it to the makefile but I couldn't, it doesn't allow two "main" threads in the same makefile.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #34
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
giorgio130,
Thank you very much. It works quit nice on the Touch.

Edit: Is there somewhere an exit entry in the menu? The cross at the right top corner does not show any effect. How do I leave the application?

Last edited by tshering; 03-12-2013 at 10:11 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #35
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Hi all, KPV is planning for the first official release of touch version now:
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/issues/782

Tons of new features and fixes, stay tuned

BTW: an exit menu is added to the filechooser also, so Bkbo Glo users can exit to native system.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #36
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Also, if you guys need any help on porting KPV to Kobo, feel free to open issues in KPV's github issue tracker.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #37
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Hi all, KPV is planning for the first official release of touch version now:
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/issues/782

Tons of new features and fixes, stay tuned

BTW: an exit menu is added to the filechooser also, so Bkbo Glo users can exit to native system.
brilliant - and if you could adapt the screen size for the Mini, you will have a host of eternally grateful adorers
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #38
dave2008
Addict

well, I would like to do this, but I don't have a mini ;p

Theoretically, KPV can adapt screen size by itself, because it supports all the Kindle Device models, which have different screen sizes.

If Mini only differs from Glo in framebuffer size, then there will be a high possibility that KPV will just work out of box.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #39
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
glad to read about the new features, the main thing stopping me from using it regulary is the lack of an exit button.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #40
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Nailed it
Detailed instructions:
- unpack the .zip in the .kobo folder;
- install the plugin interface if you didn't do so already;
- in place of one of the custom commands put:
Code:
KPV=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("/mnt/onboard/.kobo/kindlepdfviewer/kpdf.sh /mnt/onboard")
- reboot the reader;
- Launch KPV from the plugin interface.

I've adjusted it in order to reboot if the power slider is used. The light still has to be already on when KPV is launched.

You'll have to use the last version I just uploaded!
I finally got in running on my KT by using this command code:
Code:
KPV=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/kindlepdfviewer/kpdf.sh /mnt/onboard\")
But as said in previous posts there is a huge offset in tap detection. So, it's a bit trial and error to get te correct response.
I appreciate your efforts. Finally pdf reflow.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #41
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
I finally got in running on my KT by using this command code:
Code:
KPV=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/kindlepdfviewer/kpdf.sh /mnt/onboard\")
But as said in previous posts there is a huge offset in tap detection. So, it's a bit trial and error to get te correct response.
I appreciate your efforts. Finally pdf reflow.
Are you using the attachment tailored to mini and touch? I updated the first post with a build which should not have this issue of the offset for the different screen resolution. Maybe you're using the glo build... If it is not so, I don't know what could be causing it.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #42
grapiuna
grapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notes

Device: Have Onyx Boox M96 (Had KoboGlo, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-900, Kindle).
New Firmware

I'd like to know if it is compatible withe the new version of Kobo Glo's firmware and the tweaks of:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206180
Thanks.
grapiuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #43
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapiuna View Post
I'd like to know if it is compatible withe the new version of Kobo Glo's firmware and the tweaks of:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206180
Thanks.
It should work fine.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #44
grapiuna
grapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notes

Device: Have Onyx Boox M96 (Had KoboGlo, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-900, Kindle).
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
It should work fine.
Thanks, I'll try.
grapiuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #45
dave2008
Addict

Just a quick notice, we have released the first version of the rewrite of kpv:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209276

we have reorganized the repositories a bit:
https://github.com/koreader

If anyone want to help integrate the Kobo support code in to our main code base, feel free to let us know. That way, kindle and Kobo users can use the same release package and share all the patches ;p