Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
installing PRS+ Sony 650/Mac

Hi guys, is there an installer for Mac? I am curious about PRS+, but I don't see anything about how to install it (for any platform). I have looked at the "InstallGuide" here:

http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/wiki/InstallGuide

and there seems to be nothing there about installing it? Likewise the user guide here:

http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/wiki/UserGuide

Nothing about how to install. What am I missing? Where should I be looking?

Thanks,
eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Unfortunately, you should be looking for a PC running windows. I tried with Crossover and Parallels, but had to break down and use a real PC for the five minutes it takes.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi elemenoP,

here is the link to the readme, mentioned in the PRS+ project-page-WIKI

And here is the text:
Spoiler:
Installation:

Warning: MAKE SURE YOUR READER IS AT LEAST 75% CHARGED before starting installation!!!

1) Connect your reader to the PC
2) Double-click the setup.exe on the PC. The program will give you all necessary instructions on your PC screen.

Linux / MacOS users

You will need Windows for the first installation.
Subsequent updates could be installed by simply unpacking update.zip to internal memory and rebooting the reader.

Unfortunately updating/flashing the Sony PRS650 rely on a windows-dll.
But as EldRick wrote, this is only neccessary once. To install the PRS+ enabled base-firmware.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Thanks, guys! So the Windows machine doesn't need Sony Reader software or anything else on it, right?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #5
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
right!
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote