Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
Daedalus
Daedalus began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Iliad & CF Card problems

I would be so grateful if anyone could assist me with this issue.

This is the second time I have tried using a CF card with my Iliad. The first time I gave up after having problems getting the card to be read by the Iliad.

This time I have bought Kingston 2GB CF card for use with the Iliad.

When I placed the card in first of all, the device seemed to read it straight-away, coming up with the text saying 'Free:' and then displaying the free space available.

So, I copied a PDF onto the CF card and rebooted the Iliad. It failed to display the PDF file and failed the read the card.

I tried to reformat the CF card in case that was the problem. I had read somewhere that FAT32 was the correct structure to implement so I tried that.

Same thing happened again. Copied the PDF and now getting nothing come up on the Iliad.

I really wanted to get a CF card working so that I could install some applications on my Iliad. I am now giving up hope of being able to use the CF memory storage.

I have a 1 GB MMC card currently in the Iliad - could this make any difference?

Would be so appreciative of any assistance with this.

Daedalus.
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Is your CF card on the list of reported working list? If not, there might be two possibilites:
1. Your Kingston CF card is not compatible with iLiad. But I think the odd is very low.
2. The CF slot on your iLiad is bad. You should contact iRex. To make sure if it's good or bad, I would suggest try a CF card on the working list.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
Daedalus

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried rebooting the device repeatedly, as suggested on another thread, and for some reason I seem to have it working now!

I feel that it might have had something to do with the way that I was putting the CF card into the device. I note that it needs to be quite firmly pushed into the slot and I have reached the conclusion that perhaps I was not placing it in properly.

Anyway, the good thing is I have it working now.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Um Daedalus, I gave you that exact advice in another thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26357
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
Daedalus

You did indeed give me that advice back in July when I had a problem with a different CF card.

It wasn't relevant then and unfortunately I forgot your words of wisdom.

Had I remembered it, I could have saved myself a lot of bother with my new CF card nearly 4 months later.

How kind of you to remind me. My memory is obviously not as good as yours.

Last edited by Daedalus; 11-30-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Advert