Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Question Re-Run the Start Up Tutorial?

I got my wife a Paperwhite for Christmas and I ordered it as a gift, so it came unregistered. I wanted to load a book she wanted on it so it would be there when she opens it, so I had to open the box and set it up. Question is this:

Is there any way to re-run the start up tutorial?

I think it's a great quick way to show the zones and such, but I can't seem to find any way to launch it.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Only by doing a "Reset to Factory Defaults", which will wipe all the content. You could always do that, and then load the book afterwards. If you've bought the book from Amazon, though, and you register the Kindle to your account, she can simply access it directly from the Kindle. Having all your Kindles registered to the same Amazon account is the best idea, so you can share books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Thanks Harry. Kind of what I thought. I can probably tell her everything she needs to know. Plus, there's the help manual.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote