Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
PW2 :Anyone in UK got their shipping notice?

2 days to go before .UK should start shipping. No sign of any serial no in my account yet, no shipping email either (unsurprisingly ).
Started this thread in the hope that UK buyers will give a heads up when they see any activity on their account.
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
We can't reasonably expect any activity until tomorrow (Tuesday).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
shahvikram123
shahvikram123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I chose first class delivery and my amazon account says it should be delivered by the 9th. However, I bought 2 PW2's and my mum is going away from monday so I called up CS just to ask if it will come by the 9th or if there is a chance it come later. The guy assured me it will dispatch tomorrow and arrive on the 9th (wed). He said I'm signed up to have it delivered on release……So excited!
shahvikram123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My order status is now showing as "Dispatching Now".
Old 10-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #5
Plumfranda
Plumfranda began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2, basic kindle, ipad, ipad mini
I received my paperwhite 1st gen on the day they announced the 2nd gen.
I kept it for a week, liked it very much, but decided that I really didn't want to have an old generation gadget so close to the new one. So I returned it and ordered the PW2.
Amazon shows it as dispatching now, really looking forward to it.
Plumfranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #6
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
My account is still on "not yet dispatched" though I'm expecting that to change later in the day given that I preordered when it was announced and my delivery date is tomorrow. I will not be too happy if they mess up

Last edited by Yolina; 10-08-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #7
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Mine is now showing as "dispatching now". I chose free delivery, so wouldn't expect to receive it until the end of the week. Although I have received past "free delivery" orders much earlier than anticipated.

Edit: forgot to mention no serial no showing yet.

Last edited by Gilmartin; 10-08-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #8
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I paid for 1-day delivery so I'm going to assume for now that they haven't forgotten my order and that it will indeed turn up tomorrow. I'll be however making enquiries if it's still stuck on "not yet dispatched" tonight...
Old 10-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
I paid for 1-day delivery so I'm going to assume for now that they haven't forgotten my order and that it will indeed turn up tomorrow. I'll be however making enquiries if it's still stuck on "not yet dispatched" tonight...
If it's any comfort, although mine is listed as "Dispatching Now", there's still no serial number showing in "Manage My Devices".

I've had stuff dispatch at 10pm at night and still arrive the next day.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #10
Yolina
Wizard

Yeah I know, that's why I'm not particularly concerned (yet), and if they mess up then they can give a nice credit on my account to apologise

There must be such a huge pile of the things, I can't help feeling a tad sorry for the poor sods dealing with it.

Last edited by Yolina; 10-08-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Yeah I know, that's why I'm not particularly concerned (yet), and if they mess up then they can give a nice credit on my account to apologise

There must be such a huge pile of the things, I can't help feeling a tad sorry for the poor sods dealing with it.
It is normally very well organized and automatized, no human hands at work until each individual box reaches its dispatcher. Kindle boxes are literally travelling on a production chain ankered to the ceiling, until the end of the chain where those boxes are then lowered in bigger boxes, which are then forked in a container, then attached to a lorry cabin. No single human hand touches those boxes. From then on it's lorry transport till the main sorting facility, where the container is opened, the big boxes are being forked out and set on a conveyor belt that moves them up to the automatized arm that takes the smaller boxes out. From then on in goes through the scan, where the destination for each box is being read and the boxes are then dispatched automatically on various smaller conveyor belts according to their final destination. At the end of the belt another arm puts them in bigger boxes again, and then, either a fork or a human being indeed carries them inside a small transporter, which drives them to the final delivery station, where they will be at last sorted out manually and dispatched for delivery.

At least that is how it works in Germany.

Last edited by aceflor; 10-08-2013 at 04:42 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #12
Yolina
Wizard

Probably similar here I guess but launch day means a lot of extra manual sorting at the end compared to what they normally deal with. I assume (and hope) they get extra people in for that on known busy days.

It's changed to "dispatching now" so all good
Old 10-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #13
Plumfranda
Plumfranda began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2, basic kindle, ipad, ipad mini
Just got an email saying it's been dispatched, delivery tomorrow.
And I've got a serial number...

Last edited by Plumfranda; 10-08-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Plumfranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #14
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Probably similar here I guess but launch day means a lot of extra manual sorting at the end compared to what they normally deal with. I assume (and hope) they get extra people in for that on known busy days.

It's changed to "dispatching now" so all good
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Now "Dispatched" with a serial number . Due for delivery tomorrow.