Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #811
Dcslz
Dcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Fire, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
I think i messed up real bad.
I bought a 7x7 grid at level 2.
Now i have to wait some more till i level up.

Thanks for all the gifts (esp. Baen Bucks) you all sent.
Sent some gifts to all the needy MR members.

I wish we could also buy some surge points as well.
Dcslz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #812
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcslz View Post
I think i messed up real bad.
I bought a 7x7 grid at level 2.
Now i have to wait some more till i level up.

Thanks for all the gifts (esp. Baen Bucks) you all sent.
Sent some gifts to all the needy MR members.

I wish we could also buy some surge points as well.
Buying a bigger grid is never a mistake.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #813
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I'm trying a different tactic this time round. I'm going to stick to level 7 for a while and stockpile resources before joining alliances or upgrading further.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #814
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I've just got back from a week away by the beach and have started my freehold now. I've called it Ghostyjack like my name here.

Just got to level two and am noticing quite a bit different from the beta. Will have to relearn it.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #815
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Not a conscious decision on my part, but last time around I was much more focused on building alliances, while this time around I'm leveling up faster.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #816
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
It's starting to feel like I'm playing tommy ball, the rules change so fast!

So I level up, note that there are no projects for the next level and that I'll have enough bucks in X turns. I go do something else for X turns and when next I log in, there are new projects (fun) and a much higher cost to level up (x 7 in addition to the cost of the projects, not so fun). I can afford all the projects in one go, do them, and note that I'll have the bucks to level up in Y turns. I log in after Y turns, and the price to level up has almost doubled...
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #817
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
Yay! It FINALLY let me sell the original city core that you start with!
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #818
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Maybe I should start speding my 10 mill... To something...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #819
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I've found that in the live version the population bumps impact food and energy instead just energy, and that at levels around where I'm currently at, it's easier to keep up with energy than it is with food. It looks like around level 12, there may be some catch up food assets. I've found that while it's expensive to level up, I've got the right edge filled with core assets and textile plants and they help keep me slightly positive for food and energy. I'm still able to bump my population by 3-5% or more each cycle.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #820
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
I rounded level 15 today. Textile plants are no longer useful, get Passion fruits instead. Ditto for Promethiums for energy, get District Heat Pumps, Vulcan Drills or Spinning Jennys instead. Plaster free spaces with Bynum Brothers Broomworks, they give almost as much bucks per round as they surge, and they upgrade well. Bucks from assets is sky high thanks to 'em. As for food, Winery (project completed asset for an earlier level) are only good up to level 15, they don't upgrade as well as cheaper alternatives.

Baen Bucks: 17,051,822
Baen Bliss: 3,654,725
Population: 549,580
Food: 4,939,025
Energy: 4,787,061
Military: 3,744,515
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 118/75
Total Bucks per Cycle: 10,581,022
from Assets: 2,337,322
from Pop.: 8,243,700
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +35%
Bliss - Base Need: 1,181,615
Low-Bliss Cost: 0
Energy - Base Need: 390,421
Low-Energy Bliss Cost: 0%
Food - Base Need: 542,385
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty: 0%
Famine Pop. Loss: 0
Except for the continued sudden appearance of projects just when I have enough to level up, this round has been e-a-s-y. I'll have enough money for level 16 in 6 turns, so that makes me wonder why there is only one player at level 16 so far...
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #821
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleissin View Post
Except for the continued sudden appearance of projects just when I have enough to level up, this round has been e-a-s-y. I'll have enough money for level 16 in 6 turns, so that makes me wonder why there is only one player at level 16 so far...
Because we are waiting for the level 16 projects--can not level up with out the new projects.
My freehold gbm

Baen Bucks: 227,952,317
Baen Bliss: 9,841,833
Population: 1,210,692
Food: 10,866,351
Energy: 10,763,229
Military: 4,479,890
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 9/75
Total Bucks per Cycle: 21,011,918
from Assets: 2,851,538
from Pop.: 18,160,380
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +75%
Bliss - Base Need: 4,393,719
Energy - Base Need: 1,077,693
Food - Base Need: 1,180,815
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #822
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Food seems to be the limiting factor for my population increse at 11 level...

Baen Bucks: 8,812,137

Baen Bliss: 706,569

Population: 147,270

Food: 893,382

Energy: 941,593

Military: 436,587
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 1/55
Total Bucks per Cycle: 1,926,302
from Assets: 306,332
from Pop.: 1,619,970
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +23%
Bliss - Base Need: 191,124
Energy - Base Need: 57,973
Food - Base Need: 9,762
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #823
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleissin View Post
I rounded level 15 today. Textile plants are no longer useful, get Passion fruits instead. Ditto for Promethiums for energy, get District Heat Pumps, Vulcan Drills or Spinning Jennys instead. Plaster free spaces with Bynum Brothers Broomworks, they give almost as much bucks per round as they surge, and they upgrade well. Bucks from assets is sky high thanks to 'em. As for food, Winery (project completed asset for an earlier level) are only good up to level 15, they don't upgrade as well as cheaper alternatives.

Actually, new asset tomato cages cost less and surge the same - grab those instead.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #824
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I'm at level 12. I was out of town and/or busy the last two weekends, otherwise I'd probably be up at level 15 with the rest of the leaders. I've been leveling up about once a day lately, but I haven't been adding alliances lately.

Baen Bucks: 2,099,827
Baen Bliss: 1,433,113
Population: 332,110
Food: 2,194,088
Energy: 2,197,420
Military: 642,224
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 6/60
Total Bucks per Cycle: 4,400,035
from Assets: 414,715
from Pop.: 3,985,320
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: -15%
Bliss - Base Need: 187,701
Energy - Base Need: 38,705
Food - Base Need: 35,373

Ekaros, I think the trick at level 8-12 is to have several food or energy cores along with any of the cores at a higher level than you're at which you get for finishing projects. Surround the cores with leveled up textile plants to limit the population growth, and either take away a textile plant or use a population gift. At level 11, if you can't surge cores, use upgraded Kelvin's coolers for food, I think they're 10.8k for 11 surge.

If you need a population gift and you know that you can get to the website just after a cycle turn and again right before the next cycle turn, switch to your want to population right after the turn, and then back to your usual preference right before the next turn. I did that and got a bunch of population gifts (thanks, all), and it came in handy when I forgot to check for whacks and lost 20k population.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 06-29-2012 at 01:52 AM.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #825
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I'm up to Level 11 as of this cycle. I freely admit I'm a lazy player and I spent most of my actual game time figuring out where and how to re-gift stuff (I've started outright trashing received Pop on the reasoning that likely no one really wants it in 8000-sized 10-gifts-redeemable-per-cycle increments when they can get it for "free" by adjusting a core surge if they can afford to add at all).

But my asset yield and thus upleveling speed has rapidly increased once I was able to stuff every free square with those Bynum Brothers Broomworks yesterday.

Baen Bucks: 2,523
Baen Bliss: 12,957
Population: 2,289
Food: 340,525
Energy: 366,313
Military: 371,222
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 0/55
Total Bucks per Cycle: 1,370,617
from Assets: 1,345,438
from Pop.: 25,179
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +25%
Bliss - Base Need: 4,946