Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #796
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Lol this stable run looks more beta-ish the beta ever did
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #797
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
(now I could use some small population gifts, but they keep showing up in 30,000 to 50,000 increments)
I see where I'm sending my unwanted Pop gifts for the forseeable future.

(Should I direct some to the sockpuppets as well, so your main doesn't get overwhelmed enough to block system gifts?)
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #798
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS700, T1, Kobo Libra
Hmm... My level 6 bio-trap factory is surging only 2000 now. And I'm sure rough and tumble sports complex L6 used to surge about 10,000, is now at 5000. The game sure is interesting, the way it keeps changing on me. I'm half tempted to sell a bunch of my now half-as-useful assets and get new ones, but maybe I should wait?

And house of ill repute is now producing less money. While it's very possible I'm just imagining things when it comes to bio-trap factory and rough & tumble sports complex, I'm sure about house of ill repute's changes. It used to be the source of most of my freehold's income, during the 1st and 2nd level. *nostalgic*

Last edited by nightcolors; 06-19-2012 at 11:34 PM.
nightcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #799
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wait and see what they adjust to.

At L7, Bio-Trap Factory surges less but earns more than L7 Textile Plant (2000 Pop vs 8000 Pop, but 1000 Bucks per cycle vs 900). So if you're surrounding some City cores and don't want to reduce the surge for any other asset, you might want to use Bio-Trap Factories if you've got the space and a low-ish City Pop surge to reduce.

If they increase the surge/Bucks per cycle upwards for the higher level/project assets, then it'll be worth getting those instead.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #800
ATDrake
Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcolors View Post
And house of ill repute is now producing less money. While it's very possible I'm just imagining things when it comes to bio-trap factory and rough & tumble sports complex, I'm sure about house of ill repute's changes. It used to be the source of most of my freehold's income, during the 1st and 2nd level. *nostalgic*
Bio-Trap and Sports Complex are definitely surging less. I rearranged some of them this afternoon to cut down on the 24000 Pop/Bliss surge I was expecting from the L4 Pub Row (now 1875) and Bio-Trap was at 7000 and Sports Complex 12000 for me at L7.

But I'm still getting my 3000+750 adjusted for +25% politics bonus for L1 House of Ill Repute (not earning cycle Bucks due to obsolescence, though, so I guess I'll be replacing them with Spider Canopies once I reach L8) though that may change once I reload the game.
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #801
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I see where I'm sending my unwanted Pop gifts for the forseeable future.

(Should I direct some to the sockpuppets as well, so your main doesn't get overwhelmed enough to block system gifts?)
Ooh, yes please!

Anyone want mega pop?

Or some military?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #802
ATDrake
Wizzard

Okay, just sent about 8-10 100-1100-sized Pop gifts to your puppets and main, along with a little Food to help feed them. Hopefully you can redeem them before the next cycle to clear up hoard space. Let me know if/when you want me to stop later.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #803
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I could also dump all my population to someone ;D And some military...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #804
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
Well this is me: just bought an 8x8-grid instead of going to level 10. Will be level 10 sometime tomorrow. Much easier this time around since I don't have to fill the board with energy-producers.

Cores:
  • Factory Farm (drop package, upgraded to level 7)
  • Energy Hub
  • Rare Materials Mining Sector
  • Weapons Complex (project completed asset, can't be bought)

I've sold the Pub Row, Antimatter Reactor Town, Military Base and Mining District, not enough yield.

Baen Bucks: 6,249
Baen Bliss: 354,540
Population: 53,968
Food: 297,450
Energy: 306,191
Military: 285,988
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 2/45
Total Bucks per Cycle: 582,872
from Assets: 97,160
from Pop.: 485,712
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +35%
Bliss - Base Need: 192,636
Low-Bliss Cost: 0
Energy - Base Need: 36,351
Low-Energy Bliss Cost: 0%
Food - Base Need: 27,610
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty: 0%
Famine Pop. Loss: 0
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #805
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Device: none
I'm at level 6 and just updated my grid, too. I should hit level 7 soon. It feels like they are really tinkering and it's making it a little difficult. All of a sudden my Biotraps are a level 7 asset that's been upgraded to 7 surge points, my House of Ill Reputes are all updated to 5....It feels like these are things that should've been worked out in the Beta. I get that they redid things so you need to watch bliss and food in addition to energy, but it feels like when they changed those things with the reset they started tinkering with everything else. Anyone else have that feeling?
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #806
ATDrake
Wizzard

They reallocated a bunch of asset values and changed the level-up requirements above L5 yesterday afternoon, according to Baen's Bar.

But some of the lower-level assets once upgraded are still much better than the shiny new stuff when it comes to surge yields. Best buys to surround the city cores are Tin Pan Alley which suppresses 10,000 Bliss upgraded to L8, Textile Plant which suppresses 12,000 Pop upgraded to L8 (by contrast, the shiny new Steampunk AI or whatever they call it L8 Bliss asset only does 7700, though you do get slightly more Bucks per cycle from it).

I went and switched around my assets and now my freehold is no longer a small industrial park/experimental base surrounded by a big red-light district and my 1000 or so people have all become media-obsessed, probably because they're not all getting laid any more and need to watch it second-hand now. I'll miss that 3750 per 1 point surge from the Houses of Ill Repute. Easiest 52,500 Bucks I ever made.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #807
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beware - city cores changed drastically this morning. upgrading them will make them unusable, for the most part.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #808
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfe View Post
I'm at level 6 and just updated my grid, too. I should hit level 7 soon. It feels like they are really tinkering and it's making it a little difficult. All of a sudden my Biotraps are a level 7 asset that's been upgraded to 7 surge points, my House of Ill Reputes are all updated to 5....It feels like these are things that should've been worked out in the Beta. I get that they redid things so you need to watch bliss and food in addition to energy, but it feels like when they changed those things with the reset they started tinkering with everything else. Anyone else have that feeling?
Yes. It is very much in beta now, IMO. Changes are happening every 2-3 cycles, you don't even get a single charge and re-surge of assets before they are DRASTICALLY changed.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #809
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Yes. It is very much in beta now, IMO. Changes are happening every 2-3 cycles, you don't even get a single charge and re-surge of assets before they are DRASTICALLY changed.
Is it still in beta or is it supposedly released? I thought the beta ended on the 14th, but this sounds more beta than before (haven't restarted mine yet).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #810
koland
Grand Sorcerer

supposedly up and running, but really more beta than before.

I'm stuck at my levels as they set a flag to prevent upgrades without projects - but there aren't any for my level.

City cores are just plain broken. Asset values change every time I log in (up/down - whatever would make them 'worse' is what they go to, it seems).