Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #766
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
They seem to have fixed that. Yesterday before a couple of the MR people reset, my next alliance cost was 2048 and I was strapped for cash so I didn't re-join.

This morning after at least 2 people on my ally list reset, my next alliance cost dropped to 512.

Numerical progress may be slower, but at least it looks like you get your money back now.
Actually, it isn't fixed.

If you are at #33 (which cost you $4,294,967,296) and someone reset, it costs you $4,294,967,296 again to add #33, then you can start again on the next 4.

worse, if you are at #36 and lack only one join, you get hit with $34,359,738,368 to add #36 again before adding #37.

People should be allowed to reset and they should lose all allies they joined to.

HOWEVER, those who are allied to them should just see their level dropped (and possibly the name changed or politics, which they can already do).

You should not lose an ally you have paid for, just because they decide they want to start over (which, btw, drops them back to the very easy levels for gaining coupon codes; not that I'm suggesting that is why so many are doing it ... at least, not so far).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #767
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Looks like I misinterpreted how the ally cost system worked. Thanks for the correction.

It would just seem simpler for the system to give you back your invested money for dropped allies (or even "pending alliance negotiation tokens" in case of Bucks-eating whacks) so you can go add new people at the cost you originally paid for #X and #Y, and the same if you decide to quit an alliance because the person you allied with is no longer playing.

And they should set the reset players to the coupon redemption level they'd originally gotten up to, so that they have to work their way past that with the reset freehold if they want to get new coupons.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #768
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Did some serious reallocating of Assets -- sold a bunch, got a couple factory farms and a mining district, and I'm out of the red in everything but Bliss -- and I still have plenty of Bliss donations from you guys in my hoard, so I'm set.

I'm probably better positioned for future levels by getting this serious so early in the game. (I pretty much played it safe in the Beta.)
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #769
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS700, T1, Kobo Libra
I'm on level 5 now, and still safely in greens. All the different assets available make me reluctant to get rid of too many. (I'm rather looking forward to being able to buy those new assets available to levels 7, 9 & 11.) But I still did use quite a few to upgrade the four city cores I have. Now I think I'm going to stay on this level and save bucks to buy the larger grid before doing anything else, which means I won't be able to join allies until after. Maybe by then, the problem with the reset might be fixed?

Oh, and my level 5 multisource powerplant surges 648 energy, not 700. It's to do with where my political/economic liberty percentage is, I guess? Or the game just doesn't like me. The antimatter reactor town didn't surge 6000 E/3000 all else either. If I click on the asset on the shopping list, it says 6000/3000, but once I bought it and clicked on it to surge, it said 5500ish, I think. I've upgraded it now so can't remember. Anyone know the difference between the level 2 multisource powerplant and level 3 mp? I mean, same name but different numbers and pictures...

Last edited by nightcolors; 06-18-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: to add the bit about my energy assets surging less.
nightcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #770
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Device: none
I've noticed that food is like that for me. It says surge of 200 on the purchase list but in my grid it's 175. I assume that it is whatever my settings are, I may play with them a little bit before I get too high of a level.
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #771
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Back in as Mike
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #772
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
I am much more cautious since I did the reset. I have learned that it is very different from the beta. Apologies to those in my alliance for the reset hit.
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #773
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcolors View Post
I'm on level 5 now, and still safely in greens. All the different assets available make me reluctant to get rid of too many. (I'm rather looking forward to being able to buy those new assets available to levels 7, 9 & 11.) But I still did use quite a few to upgrade the four city cores I have. Now I think I'm going to stay on this level and save bucks to buy the larger grid before doing anything else, which means I won't be able to join allies until after. Maybe by then, the problem with the reset might be fixed?

Oh, and my level 5 multisource powerplant surges 648 energy, not 700. It's to do with where my political/economic liberty percentage is, I guess? Or the game just doesn't like me. The antimatter reactor town didn't surge 6000 E/3000 all else either. If I click on the asset on the shopping list, it says 6000/3000, but once I bought it and clicked on it to surge, it said 5500ish, I think. I've upgraded it now so can't remember. Anyone know the difference between the level 2 multisource powerplant and level 3 mp? I mean, same name but different numbers and pictures...
Now in the green across the board and should be fine with pop growth for the evening (despite an "oops" population surge). That banking core? You need it completely surrounded by fully upgraded textile mills (unless you really need a LOT of population), so it must be carefully positioned. Too bad the nice food core isn't until two levels after the energy one (means lots of food surging to keep up).
Old 06-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #774
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
I surged the pub row and went red on *everything*, even had a famine, but now all is green. I replaced low yield assets with Houses of Ill Repute (only way to get money as I also was red on Bliss) and used the money to buy (upgraded) Bio-traps which I then surrounded the Pub Row with. Then I surged the Pub Row again, instant green everywhere

Next round I could afford the 7x7 grid, and this round I could afford level 5. I now have a Reactor Town next to the Pub Row, sharing enough Bio-traps that the Reactor Town doesn't produce any Population either.

Baen Bucks: 58,874
Baen Bliss: 52,473
Population: 16,154
Food: 55,613
Energy: 53,849
Military: 36,164
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 45/25
Total Bucks per Cycle: 115,755
from Assets: 34,985
from Pop.: 80,770
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +35%
Bliss - Base Need: 20,165
Low-Bliss Cost: 0
Energy - Base Need: 5,387
Low-Energy Bliss Cost: 0%
Food - Base Need: 7,151
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty: 0%
Famine Pop. Loss: 0
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #775
Dcslz
Dcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Fire, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
I just joined your alliance ATDrake.
The name is same as the username here.. Dcslz

I have 2 Clones as gift anyone want 'em...
Dcslz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #776
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Left and right positions on the sliders affects surge and asset yields. At 0 vertical and right 50, I get +25 to Bucks, but lower Energy surges than at 0,0.

There might be some kind of strategy to surging particular things before and after a political reset to dump excess Bliss, which is what I'm basically doing every day.

And if anyone wants more low-level Pop gifts, I have plenty to give out. I never use those things, but the system insists on giving me more and more of them.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #777
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Lots of travel for work, so I've reset mine and dropped out for now. Not sure if I'll be back, as I have enough coupons to keep me going for a while.

On that topic, has anyone tried to buy a new book with a coupon? They seem to have a limit of about $6 or $7 dollars. For a new release you still need to pay the balance.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #778
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Lots of travel for work, so I've reset mine and dropped out for now. Not sure if I'll be back, as I have enough coupons to keep me going for a while.

On that topic, has anyone tried to buy a new book with a coupon? They seem to have a limit of about $6 or $7 dollars. For a new release you still need to pay the balance.
True.

But, you can use one coupon to buy a $5 credit, then add those up to get a bigger book (kind of a pain).

Easiest is to email their help desk (at Baen Bookstore, not the planet game) and have them combine several coupons into a value that can be used to buy what you want. Three for a bundle, generally (five if you want a $30 bundle, etc).

Or, just consider them a great discount on something you were going to buy, anyway.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #779
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Can someone report a bug for me, I don't know the email address. I thought it might be a typo so I tested but thorium mines do actually cost zero to surge. That's a lot of free energy. I think someone mistyped a 10.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #780
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post

Coupons are a 6$ Discount. There's thread with a mailaddress in the bar where you could ask for transfer coupons from beta puppets or merging.
I asked to have 6 coupons merged and got them as one. Got me a 7 books bundle instead of loading them 1 at a time for 7 coupons
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote