Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #91
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nalbandian beats Lubicic (30) in four sets 3, and 2 in the last two sets. Maybe he's a little more comfortable with his body again.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #92
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh well, so close to having a Canadian in the third round. Pospisil goes down 7-5 in the fifth set tiebreak to Lopez (25).
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #93
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Murray (4) serving at 3-0 in the fifth set.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #94
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Murray (4) serving at 3-0 in the fifth set.
Blimey, it's still 1-0 on the 'live' coverage on the BBC website. You're much better
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #95
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

www.usopen.org

The Grand Slam tournaments have the best sites with schedule of play, and live scores of all the courts in action.
Advert
Old 09-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #96
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Roller-coaster Murray match yesterday, kept me at the radio until late.

Fun stuff.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #97
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Roller-coaster Murray match yesterday, kept me at the radio until late.

Fun stuff.

Graham
Yes! I didn't get to watch the match until late last night.He drives me crazy!!! LOL. So happy he got through, it actually strengthened my belief about his chances at going all the way.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #98
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Match of the day:
Tsonga (11) vs. Verdasco (19)

close runner up for me is:
Granollers (31) vs. J. C. Ferrero (this should have been on the grandstand organizers)
Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #99
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You know I'm watching Serena! She is my match of the day. Tough match up for her today - Azarenka can give her trouble. May be another "hide behind the sofa match" for me. Hoping Serena gets through with flying colors!!

I am so very proud of Donald Young's 5 set win, yesterday. Talk about maturing over night. I used to be so irritated with him becuase you knew the talent was there but he seemed more interested in the bling than the tennis!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #100
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Yay Sam Stosur is through I'm rather upset that the open is not being shown on Aussie FTA this year A quick clip on the news is all I've been able to see
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #101
Nyssa
Series Addict

Serena v Azarenka is about to start. The more they hype up Serena the more nervous I feel for her.

C'Mon Serena!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #102
Nyssa
Series Addict

I knew Azarenka would give Serena trouble! Thankfully Serena was able to pull through 6'1 7(7)'6(5). Azarenka came alive in the 2nd set, and it truly was a battle, she being the only one in the tournament so far able to break Serena's serve (down 5'4 she won the next 3 games taking it to 6'5). There were so many close calls from both of them that it had to walk away for a bit. It took 5 or 6 match points for Serena to take the win! I really do not know if Serena would have been able to win a 3rd set.

Next Stop is either Ana Ivanovic or young American Sloane Stephens. I favor Serena over either opponent.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:47 AM   #103
Nyssa
Series Addict

Nice easy-ish win for Andy last night against Filiciano Lopez - 6'1, 6'4, 6'2.

Donald Young had a phenomenal match against Juan Ignacio Chela - 7'5, 6'4, 6'3

Andy & donal play each other next. As proud as I am of Donald, I want Andy to win, of course.

Andy Roddick and John Isner also won their matches making it a great night for American tennis over all.

On the woman's side Vera Zvonareva made easy work of Sabine Lisicki -6'2, 6'3 and Samantha Stosur won her battle against Maria Kirilenko, who had an amazing 2nd set - 6'2, 6(15)'7(17), 6'3.

Today I'm looking forward tp Serena vs Ana Ivanovic. Normally I would say this should be a walk in the park for Serena, but Ana is playing very well, and we've all learned not to take anything for granted in the Slams.

I'm also wishing Mardy Fish the best in his match against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga! I like both players, but will be supporting Mardy in this one.

Last edited by Nyssa; 09-05-2011 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Posting at 3am is never really a good idea
Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 AM   #104
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Samantha Stosur won her battle against Maria Kirilenko, who had n amazing 2nd set - 6'2, 6 (15), 7 (17), 6'3.
Yay !!! Thanks for the update
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #105
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

So we are left with the four usual suspects on the men's side. Right now I'd say Nadal looks like the winner. That was just crazy ugly unbelievable against Roddick today.