Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Finally, somebody gets it!

http://sisters-in-crime-sinc.blogspo...-stabenow.html

This is Dana Stabenow and Gere Donovan Publishing's take on backlist ebooks.

Love this quote:

"In that no DRM has proven to be proof against piracy, while virtually all DRM has been shown to annoy honest people who just want to move their files from one device to another, Bridgit’s downloads are DRM-free. As devices and file types evolve, Bridgit may expand her horizons a bit… we’ll see what the market wants."

Bridgit, as you will see if you read the article, is the ebook cart software Dana is using to sell the books from her site.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Bought all of the Shugak's earlier today.

I was going to grap them from Amazon, but ended up getting them direct from her site (you get a zip with both Mobi and ePub). The only question is if they update the files at all will buyers get the new versions somehow (the DL links are only good for 24 hours from what the site said after I purchased). This is important because you never know if an error might creep in (the freebie first book for instance was missing section breaks). Guess I email them and ask about updates (which hopefully wouldn't be needed anyway) as they were very quick to respond and fix when I asked about the missing breaks on Dana's blog.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Yeah, Dana said something in a comment to me on Facebook regarding this... just leave a comment on her blog and she'll get them fixed and updated.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
RichL
Evangelist
RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: back to x51v
"... card payments in exchange for time-limited,...

...time-limited... is that a book management thing or a payment thing? Anybody know?
RichL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post
"... card payments in exchange for time-limited,...

...time-limited... is that a book management thing or a payment thing? Anybody know?
The downloads are time-limited, as in the links only work for 24 hours. No cloud storage or anything like you'd get through say Amazon or B&N (both of which also have these books).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
RichL
Evangelist
RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: back to x51v
Thanks AnemicOak now I know.
RichL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:34 AM   #7
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The downloads are time-limited, as in the links only work for 24 hours. No cloud storage or anything like you'd get through say Amazon or B&N (both of which also have these books).
I hadn't thought about this time limited issue. Is it in case the download doesn't work the first time? We're about to offer books from our own site and after paying, the purchaser would end up at a page with a choice of formats to download.

That would give them only one opportunity to download, and guess what? While uploading a book to PubIt on Friday I accidentally clicked the X on the tab I was supplying info to and it wouldn't work after logging back in. If I can do it, someone else is bound to as well.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote