Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Is your Sony add on case hub alinement ok?
Brown case ok. 15 34.09%
Brown case shift reader by X degrees. 15 34.09%
Red case ok. 3 6.82%
Red case shift reader by X degrees. 11 25.00%
Green case ok. 1 2.27%
Green case shift reader by X degrees. 1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #61
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
JSWolf
Quote:
How much are the add on cases Sony sells?
I think $40.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
JSWolf

I think $40.
Too much since the case that comes with the reader is just fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #63
squeezlet
squeezlet began at the beginning.

Device: PB360 & PB902
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
How much are the add on cases Sony sells?
I paid $39.99 for my case.

I also received my replacement case today and it fits perfectly.
squeezlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #64
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Thanks for all the hands on reviews and expertise regarding Sony Reader covers. I wish the Sony leather worked for everyone but appearantly they don't.

I wanted a leather case but I think I'll keep the one that fits.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #65
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If you can find a place that has them in stock, they may let you try them to make sure they're straight ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
If you can find a place that has them in stock, they may let you try them to make sure they're straight ....
I don't see why not as all you'd end up doing is returning it and this way, they have a chance to weed out some of the defective product.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #67
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
I'm thinking M-Edge now for my cover replacement. I don't like slip in covers as they cover up the reader more than I desire but I can't find a replacement for the origional cover that comes with the reader. Does anyone sell them?
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 AM   #68
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post
I'm thinking M-Edge now for my cover replacement. I don't like slip in covers as they cover up the reader more than I desire but I can't find a replacement for the origional cover that comes with the reader. Does anyone sell them?
If I were you, I would follow NatCh's advice.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #69
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
How I fixed mine

The first red cover I bought was really off and I sent it back. I bought a new one at Borders which was also off, but not as bad as the first. I decided to stretch the leather to fit. This may or may not work for everyone. I took some web straps that came with a protable DVD carrier and the adjustable armband from DAP case and put it on the reader. I would do it every night after reading and left it on when I wasn't using the reader. I did this for about a week or so . When putting on the straps I made sure that the bottom one wasn't so tight that it depressed the jog wheel type button. In fact, you don't want any of the straps too tight just snug enough that it forces the cover to fit over the device correctly. Here are my photos below. Hopefully, this all makes sense. In the picture I have the stap connect on the top. If you are afraid of screen damage you could have them on the bottom.

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 06-22-2007 at 03:28 PM.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote