Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Is your Sony add on case hub alinement ok?
Brown case ok. 15 34.09%
Brown case shift reader by X degrees. 15 34.09%
Red case ok. 3 6.82%
Red case shift reader by X degrees. 11 25.00%
Green case ok. 1 2.27%
Green case shift reader by X degrees. 1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #46
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
You poor thing. Well I wish they would make up their minds for your sake. I also know you would love the RED one and now it appears you will be getting the black one. I hope this time it is shipped and they aren't waffling again for whatever reason.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:30 AM   #47
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Received Black Cover

I received the M-Edge Sony Reader Leather eMotion Jacket today.

The exterior leather is much softer than the Sony leather cover. The craftsmanship is visibly superior with the stitching being much finer than the Sony.

The Sony PRS-500 slides into the jacket from the top with openings in the sleeve front and along the sides giving access to all controls and connections.

There are pockets for business cards and additional storage cards. There is also a pen holder along the side.

All in all a better quality then the Sony at the same price.

I'll post photos later tonight.

regards,
Alex
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #48
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Mookie, how does that thing flip back to read. On another thread someone else got theirs and they were like perhaps 50/50 on the jacket and didn't like the quality as well. So here I sit wondering which one I should get, this one or go to a sony store. Of course if I ordered this one I remember they stand behind their 30 gaurantee if you don't like it and I am one of those gals that will return an item if I am not pleased with it.

Hoping more reviews come in before the red version is available, LOL
Old 02-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #49
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Folding the M-Edge Jacket

The m-edge jacket "binding" is approximately 1/2 wide. When folded, either the top overlaps the bottom by 1/2 inch or the bottom sticks out 1/2 inch.
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #50
erasure25
Connoisseur
erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-505
My red case is pretty good. But it is shifted counterclockwise by about 1 degree or maybe 0.5 degrees. It's not a big deal, but you can tell it's just ever so slightly off if you look carefully.

But it's better than the black case it came with. The black case gives me the chills when I rub on it with my hands... something about the tiny ridges always give me the chills.
erasure25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #51
atreis
atreis began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
M-Edge case looks nice, but they need to offer it in colors other than black...
atreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #52
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
M-Edge case looks nice, but they need to offer it in colors other than black...
They will be....... Red and Brown are supposedly in the works and possibly be up at the sight sometime in March as told to me by their company when I emailed them with tons of questions. So just keep your eyes open and keep checking.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #53
vampmiller
Enthusiast
vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.vampmiller got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kobo aura, kindle voyager.
13th Time A Charm

I really, really wanted one of the red Sony leather covers.
Borders store #1 had six in stock. The first one was off about 5 degrees, enough that the bottom left side of the reader poked out. The manager went ahead and opened all six to find they were all off.
Borders store #2 had four in stock. Guess what?
So I dragged my sorry ass to the Metreon Sony store and told them of the issue and they opened two to find they were also way off. Determination won out. The 13th opened red leather cover was okay. And by okay I mean it's about one degree off. Proof that I'm not obsessive compulsive is that I bought it am reasonably happy with it.
vampmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #54
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Congratulations on your persistence paying off!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 AM   #55
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampmiller
Borders store #1 had six in stock. The first one was off about 5 degrees, enough that the bottom left side of the reader poked out. The manager went ahead and opened all six to find they were all off.
So I dragged my sorry ass to the Metreon Sony store and told them of the issue and they opened two to find they were also way off. Determination won out. The 13th opened red leather cover was okay. And by okay I mean it's about one degree off. Proof that I'm not obsessive compulsive is that I bought it am reasonably happy with it.
Damn.
I thought of ordering one in the middle of June from the USA (someone is visiting the UK later and they would bring it to me), but now I am even more adamant not to do it, unless they start selling it in the UK I really really want to have the leather cover but I cannot afford ordering it from the USA and receiving a faulty one
Argh...
(Actually, I was planning to start a new topic in about 1 month time asking people whether the latest covers are of better quality than the first stock, completely useless idea now).
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #56
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampmiller
I hope they send them all back to Sony and tell them about the problem. Sony should know about this, why aren't they doing anything about it? Unless of course the stores are just putting them back on the shelves for someone else and their thinking maybe it won't bother them any!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #57
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm fairly confident that Sony knows about it. Evidently the cases are made by a third party vendor, so it's not Sony making them directly.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #58
squeezlet
squeezlet began at the beginning.

Device: PB360 & PB902
I received my red cover on Monday and it also was off at the bottom corner. I called the number on the packaging and they said that they would send me another. They didn't even want the other one back. I'm hoping that I won't have the same problem with the next one.
squeezlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:27 AM   #59
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezlet
I called the number on the packaging and they said that they would send me another.
This is the advantage of having the reader being sold in your country That's why I am looking forward for Sony to start selling the reader in the UK.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:31 AM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How much are the add on cases Sony sells?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote