Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Is your Sony add on case hub alinement ok?
Brown case ok. 15 34.09%
Brown case shift reader by X degrees. 15 34.09%
Red case ok. 3 6.82%
Red case shift reader by X degrees. 11 25.00%
Green case ok. 1 2.27%
Green case shift reader by X degrees. 1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #16
memobug
Connoisseur
memobug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-505/Kindle DX/iPhone 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
I've just got a brown case (thanks to "anorak"!) and it's slightly - perhaps 5 degrees - askew.
Five degrees is pretty huge!

memobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #17
ten of War
ten of War began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
My clips line up fine but the magnet on the top corner is reversed so that when I try to close the cover, it shifts up and away.

Does anyone know of any other covers being made by third party manufacturers?
ten of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
M-Edge does, and it looks like they have a new leather variant.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #19
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Looks a lot better than the other one they made. But they really need different colors I think to distinguish from the regular included black cover and encourage more people to buy it.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess I'm boring, I prefer the black, but I agree that other options would be nice -- I don't mind you getting what you want if I can also have what I want.

What I don't get is why they decided to include a pen loop.
Advert
Old 02-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #21
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Maybe it was designed for a dayly planner and got sidetracked because of it's size?

Or, shall we hope, there's an input capable successor???
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:30 PM   #22
NatCh
Gizmologist

Anybody seen one of these?

I've run across a rumor that some of the Sony cases are turning up with stickers in/on them with a message to the effect of: "If you have any trouble with the Reader Cover Please call 1-800-728-2609"

If it pans out, it would seem to suggest that they're aware of the case issue and trying to do something about it.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:09 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
I want to return it, but the Sony store is over a hundred miles from me
Mine is about 3,000 miles away, so it's slightly more difficult . Luckily mine isn't so far off-true that I can't live with it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:10 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
Have come to the conclusion they have a major problem with who ever is the subcontractor of the case's.
According to the insert in the case package, they are made by Targus.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #25
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
M-Edge does, and it looks like they have a new leather variant.
I wrote to them yesterday about this. Here is what they had to say.

Dear Karen,
Our leather case is designed to replace the standard Sony case and therefore does not allow the reader to slide in with the standard case attached. Our leather case is essentially a competing case that we believe provides superior protection and aesthetics, in addition to improved functionality (integrated pockets and pen loop for those that may take notes while reading).

Our non-black leather jackets (most likely red and brown) should be available within the next 1 to 2 months.

The sleeve jacket is designed to slide over the reader and provides protection for "on the go" reading. We find a lot of customers purchase this jacket so they can use their reader at the gym or environments that require a higher level of protection (e.g. we have sold this case to customers who are using it at the beach and even in a wood shop).

If you decide to make a purchase, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee that allows you to return your jacket for a full refund if you are not completely satisfied.

Lastly, note that our expected ship date for the Sony Reader Leather Jacket is going to slip by about 1.5 weeks to 16 Feb 07.

Thanks for your interest in our products, and feel free to contact us at this email address if you have any additional questions.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:36 AM   #26
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
I also bought a red cover at Borders and found it to be so badly aligned that the reader stuck out at 1 corner and wouldn't properly close. I went back a week later and exchanged it for another red cover. Fortunately I opened that one in the store and found that it the same problem.

I was looking for a cover that was a bit more robust than the vinyl cover included in the PRS-500 box. Anyone find an alternative? Does anyone know how the reader attaches to the M-Edge??

Thanks
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #27
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie
I also bought a red cover at Borders and found it to be so badly aligned that the reader stuck out at 1 corner and wouldn't properly close. I went back a week later and exchanged it for another red cover. Fortunately I opened that one in the store and found that it the same problem.

I was looking for a cover that was a bit more robust than the vinyl cover included in the PRS-500 box. Anyone find an alternative? Does anyone know how the reader attaches to the M-Edge??

Thanks
I am going to wait for the m-edge, but writing to them, they should be getting red and brown. I just wrote them again yesterday asking them this exact same question. If it attaches with that thing in the back. Will let everyone know what is said.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #28
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
It looked to me like the M-Edge sits in sort of a pouch, it slides in and there is material at the bottom to stop it from sliding on through - like most iPod cases.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #29
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

That is the sleeve jacket..... they also have a leather Jacket for it now..... I don't want the pouch...
Here is the link to the picture of the Leather Jacket.....will also be coming in Red and Brown, from what they are telling me.

http://www.buymedge.com/Images/sonyr...ather_open.jpg
Old 02-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #30
NatCh
Gizmologist

From the M-Edge Reader cover thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-edge
To answer some of your questions;
1) The rigid material in our leather jacket is plastic.
2) Our jacket is designed to replace the stock reader case; so the reader will not fit into the M-edge jacket with the stock case attached.
3) We do not use the Sony "snap-lock" design to attach the reader to our jacket. The reader slides in behind a leather rim that holds the reader in place.
4) The reader will need to be removed from the jacket in order to fit into the dock.
5) We ship internationally from our website (www.buymedge.com); however, we are working on developing a european distribution channel.