Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

White Wolf offers Exalted 2nd Ed. PDF free 'til 4/12

Free from RPGNow or DriveThruRPG with the coupon code "wwlovesyou" 'til 4/12. Also, 10% discount on all White Wolf PDFs until that time.

Details here.

http://www.teleread.org/2009/04/08/w...f-exalted-pdf/

Cute move to take advantage of Wizards blinking in regard to its own PDF sales. I especially like the coupon code.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do wish they'd see the futility of PDF and switch to ePub for their eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Write them and suggest it.

PDF is basically the industry standard for the RPG-publishing industry. It might take some doing to get them to change it.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The advantage of ePub for them would be increased sales to people who have readers that can support ePub. As it is, I do not ever purchase PDF. And I shall email them sometime later today.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

Except that I don't think they really care about the reader market. Their buyers are generally people who want the whole thing on their computer, or to print out.
Advert
Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do wish they'd see the futility of PDF and switch to ePub for their eBooks.
EPub would take drastic re-formatting, many many hours of work, for a market that basically doesn't exist. Role-playing game rulebooks have extensive formatting--lots of charts and graphs, lots of images, lots of "see related chart on page 183"--and players want a digital version for reference & search purposes, not for casual reading.

They're technical reference books, and none of the non-PDF formats support that well. While it'd be possible to make an ePub that contained all the info, and re-organize it, no RPG companies have a clamoring of players demanding standard ebook formats, and so none of them are putting in the hours it'd take to make each book.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

On the bright side, at least the PDFs do not have DRM on them, just watermarking with your identity. (And a limit as to how many times you can download from the store...but then, if you keep it secure, once is all you really need.)
Old 04-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The advantage of ePub for them would be increased sales to people who have readers that can support ePub. As it is, I do not ever purchase PDF. And I shall email them sometime later today.
I think fanpro the comp that may own shadowrun right now (not sure been a few months but I know they where trying) and does the publishing of the books. sells them in epub (I think) not sure how good they are was going to buy them when I make the jump and buy at reader but I want a 9.7 if I need to read them in pdf so that it will look right on the screen so im still waiting.
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote