Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
wangyijie
wangyijie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
An unsupported model by this updater is connected.

Hi there, I've got a problem with my Sony Reader PRS-T2 recently when I wanted to update its firmware. My PRS-T2 works normally and when I connect it to the computer after I run the updater, it says: An unsupported model by this updater is connected.

I'm 100% sure that I'm using a PRS-T2 and a PRS-T2 updater. I've tried to restart the updater several times but nothing changed. I am currently using Windows 8 on my computer but I've also tried it on a computer with Windows 7 with no result. I tried to initialise the reader by choosing the Format option in its preferences, and I connected it again, still unsupported. Last time I succeeded to update it but I was using a Mac and an updater for Mac to do this.

Thanks for any help!
wangyijie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
philby
philby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
I just had the same problem. The 1.0.05.12140 firmware update is for EU models only. I thought that I had a PRS-T2/EU but it turns out that it's a US one.

Look in Settings, Application Preferences, Dictionary. If you only have English, Spanish & French dictionaries you are probably running with US firmware. You could also check in Settings, General Settings, Country/Region. If the choice is only United States or Canada this is a US reader.

The US & EU types are hard-coded and you can tell by using this procedure from Shark69's rooting instructions which one you have.

Connect the Reader to your PC and run these from a command prompt:
USA
. \ Ebook_msc.exe name PRS-T2/2001 getdrv

EUROPE
. \ Ebook_msc.exe name PRS-T2/2044 getdrv

When your command responds with a letter, this is yours. If the response is NONE, that is not your model.

My guess is, the first command will give you a letter, meaning your device is US and so the latest firmware update cannot be applied.
philby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert